Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

quote:

After one last tournament and an embarrassing loss in the final round, Michi decides to call it quits on the sport of judo. Between high school social activities and entrance exams, she'll have no time to compete in the martial art she loves most, but putting aside old hobbies is a normal part of growing up. Still, the love of judo lingers—and it comes back full force when she meets her new classmate Towa, the girl who bested Michi in her final match! Towa wants to form a judo club at their school, but she'll need new members to get it up and running. United by their love of judo, they'll throw in their passions into the ring together and score ippon again!

Produced by Pony Canyon and made by Bakken Record. Slow season but I like martial arts so I'm hoping this one's good.

First episode January 9, 2023.

Ohtori Akio fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Judo anime???? Judo anime!!!!!

edit: I checked out the first chapter of the manga. The art is really cute and the judo is legit! I hope this adaptation is good.

Cephas fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 3, 2023

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
judooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

First episode is out, just watched it. The judo animation is pretty good and the rest is pretty standard "girls do x" stuff. Seems like a fun time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Cute girls doing judoka things

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
as one of six fans of the manga I'm very excited for this, first episode was great

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Finally caught episode 1. It rules. The budget isn't gigantic but they gave it love where it needs it. Tag yourself I'm the insufferable kendo evangelist.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

i like the character design, makes them look actually strong

e: the cat using the gi as a bed was cute

Megamissen fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 15, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Episode 2 is adorable. You really do feel different when you put on a cool uniform.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

did not expect michi to be unstoppable this week

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Judo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Megamissen posted:

did not expect michi to be unstoppable this week

This

This

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
episode 7
love the new girl.

too bad the 'main genki' girl is the most boring of the bunch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She's good

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
episode 9.
its actually pretty well done that that all the stuff the girl is doing to win 3 in a row isn't all rear end pulls, you see her actually learning the stuff or experiencing it done to her in all the past episodes.

liked the parallel that the first team they went against was just like them.

I like how serious the club advisor is about injuries and not wanting kendo girl to compete since she only just started for like 2 months?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Episode 10 has some minor animation errors in terms of the marker lines on the board. (Pics show results of matches so they're spoilered)

It's most obvious in this cut

But you can see it in other cuts too where one of the circles isn't quite smoothed out

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gah I wanted them the actually get into the match

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
This deserves a second cour. It feels like they're just getting started

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm assuming with two episodes left they're not going to win this match but maybe it'll just end in the middle of the tournament like Birdie Wing or that one Nanaha spin-off.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
yeah, (big-ish manga/presumbale end of season spoilers) it's a little sad that the show is going to end on the 'we gave our all but got wiped by a much stronger team, we're gonna work to catch up to them' arc, but not sure what else they could have done with a one-cour adaptation. there's enough source material for another three or four seasons, which... eh, seems unlikely, but a second one would be nice.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
as someone that thought other than the one quiet girl, the rest sucked at judo
the tournament matches was pretty great showing off oh, they do know some stuff afterall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

GateOfD posted:

as someone that thought other than the one quiet girl, the rest sucked at judo
the tournament matches was pretty great showing off oh, they do know some stuff afterall

well... :smith:

hiura keeps accidentally making rivals with her post-match face