Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

The Loyalists - 12 influence total.

Leader - Thoke with 10 influence.

Other members - Captain Foo. Lynneth.

Personal goal -

Finnish Flasher posted:

Gain another duchy title, gain an alliance with someone who is at least a Jarl (Duke).

-------------------------

The Diplomat Faction, focused on diplomacy and learning - 7 influence total.

Leader - Sinech with 7 influence.

Suggestions -

ChaosStar0 posted:

Sinech apporches and states that the Diplomat Faction suggests Allying with Sweden and converting provinces.

The Faction for the Betterment of Austrland, focused on stewardship and learning - 21 influence total

Leader - Abdullah with 8 influence.

Characters in faction - Erika with 6 influence, Vemundr with 7 influence.

Suggestions -

ZiegeDame posted:

Sense the need to get serious about theological business, Erika will switch to The Faction for the Betterment of Austrland and suggest that we incorporate an Asatru holy site into the Jarldom, and convert someone, anyone, to our faith.

Warlike Raiders for Profit, focused on martial and stewardship - 19 influence total.

Leader - Nils with 10 influence.

Characters in faction - Rolando with 8 influence.

Other members - Yuiiut.

Suggestions -

TorakFade posted:

Rolando for the WRP would like to put forth the following demands: first of all, increase control in the realm where needed to pacify the last uppity locals who disagree with Thoke's rule. Then building more economic buildings, at least one of which in Shetland. Also expanding the realm by at least 3 counties is always a good idea and lines up with those plans of conquering holy sites and new jarldoms... though, in case his friend Nils has better ideas he'd certainly defer to his superior experience as chieftain and councilor.

Here's a breakdown of the characters current influences.

Thoke's influence is calculated a bit differently from others:

+2 baseline
+4 from 4 county titles
+4 from 2 duchy title
+2 councilor bonus (to put him on par with councilors)
+1 ruler bonus
-3 from unhappy powerful vassals

Diplo 0
Martial +1
Stewardship 0
Intrigue -1
Learning 0

Sinech:

+2 baseline
+2 diplo
+2 learning
+1 court tutor position

Abdullah:

+2 baseline
+3 learning (previously incorrectly labeled as diplo)
+2 stewardship
+1 court physician position

Nils:

+2 baseline
+2 councilor bonus
+2 stewardship
+1 martial
+1 from one county
+2 friends with ruler

Rolando:

+2 baseline
+2 stewardship
+1 seneschal position
+1 from one county
+2 friends with ruler

Erika:

+2 baseline
+2 councilor bonus
+2 learning

Vemundr:

+2 baseline
+2 councilor bonus
+1 same house as ruler's spouse
+2 friends with ruler

--------------

Well this was a development. Currently FBI has a slight lead over WRP and would be able to make 4 demands, while WRP is still able to make 3.
I'll leave it up for a little bit longer for Abdullah, Nils and Vemundr to possibly make a suggestion of their own, or anyone else of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
All councillors should be witches, non-witch councillors should be converted by an existing witch most likely to succeed.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
The Ting is over. FBI is the dominant faction with 35% of total influence, while WRP is influential with 32% of total influence.

ZiegeDame posted:

Sense the need to get serious about theological business, Erika will switch to The Faction for the Betterment of Austrland and suggest that we incorporate an Asatru holy site into the Jarldom, and convert someone, anyone, to our faith.

AJ_Impy posted:

All councillors should be witches, non-witch councillors should be converted by an existing witch most likely to succeed.

TorakFade posted:

Rolando for the WRP would like to put forth the following demands: first of all, increase control in the realm where needed to pacify the last uppity locals who disagree with Thoke's rule. Then building more economic buildings, at least one of which in Shetland. Also expanding the realm by at least 3 counties is always a good idea and lines up with those plans of conquering holy sites and new jarldoms... though, in case his friend Nils has better ideas he'd certainly defer to his superior experience as chieftain and councilor.

These are the current demands presented to Thoke.

As far as rolls.

Erika has rolled well and increased her learning.
Vemundr has rolled well and increased his stewardship.

The rest of you rolled poorly.

I'll be out of town from friday to tuesday so the next update will be delayed compared to the previous ones.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Chapter 11: New politics, 1st of January 882 - 5th of October 883.

The third Ting was held, with big changes in the political landscape of Iceland. Hidden intrigue was no more, it’s members now officially supporting the faction for the betterment of Iceland, also known as FBI. Abdullah was the head of this newly powerful faction, supported by the councilor-couple Erika and Vemundr. The warlike raiders remained influential. Thoke's own influence had been lowered due to him giving out lands to new vassals, some of which were now considered powerful vassals. Not all of them could be given a seat in the council, which some saw as a travesty. Thoke knew that some would always be unhappy with how things were and wasn't too worried.

During the Ting, several powerful people made the following demands.

AJ_Impy posted:

ZiegeDame posted:

TorakFade posted:

Thoke had no problems with these demands. He was himself a seiğr and agreed that the councilors should also understand the seiğr ways. He also saw Erika's suggestion as a good way to remind the people that while there were many gods in the realm, it was Odin who truly ruled. Lastly, his seneschal had made good points, we should establish our control via force if necessary and also make sure our lands are actually worth something.

: My fellow chieftains and noble men and women, I stand before you today with great pride in what we have achieved. Under my rule, our realm has thrived, and I am committed to ensuring that this prosperity continues. I have listened to your demands and agreed to implement them.

: Firstly, the demand to have all councillors be seiğrs. As a seiğr myself, I understand the power and wisdom that our kind possesses. Therefore, I wholeheartedly support this demand. Non-seiğr councillors will be given the opportunity to be trained in the ways of seiğr by existing practitioners. I trust that this decision will bring about a new era of prosperity and unity for our people, under the guidance of those who possess the wisdom of the spirits.

: Secondly, the demand to incorporate an Asatru holy site into our Jarldom and convert someone to our faith. As devout followers of the Asatru religion, we understand the importance of maintaining our connection to our faith. Therefore, I wholeheartedly support this demand. I will ensure that an appropriate holy site dedicated to the Asatru gods is chosen and that someone is converted to our faith. Our worship of Odin and the other Asatru gods is an integral part of who we are. By strengthening our ties to our gods and our people, we can ensure that our faith remains a vital part of our community for generations to come.

: Lastly, the demand to increase control in certain areas of the realm and build more economic buildings, including one in Shetland. This is a practical demand, and I support it fully. It is essential that we maintain control of our lands and pacify any who would resist our rule. Building more economic buildings will bring about greater prosperity for our people, and I see no reason why we should not continue to expand our economic influence throughout our Jarldom.

Afterwards, Thoke called for a raid as they needed more money if they wanted to invest in their newly conquered lands.

The French king was busy helping the duke of Brittany in a war, so Thoke saw his chance to go raiding some rich lands while Britannia was recovering.

They raided along northern Francia, pillaging everything they could.

The second daughter is given as a ward to Rolando, she seems to have a knack for numbers and money.

Meanwhile Angrboda manages to manipulate Thoke’s brother… Thoke isn’t sure how to feel about this as he gets along with his brother quite well.

The King of Francia is still busy, so Thoke’s men continue pillaging the lands.

Thoke himself returns home with his spoils, while Emundr makes a quick stop in Britannia.

He beats the locals easily and returns home with his loot.

Afterwards Thoke celebrates the successful raid with some of his vassals.

He decides to not make lewd jokes in front of his wife, she doesn’t seem the type.

He ends up buying all the wine available and becomes known as an eager reveler.

He manages to teach Nils the ways of the seiğr very quickly, with the help of some other seiğrs. He now starts to teach his marshal, Vigdis. He hopes to get help with this one as well.

There is a holy site nearby, the Jarl who holds it is currently fighting two wars, one against the King of Sweden, and another against the Jarl of Upplönd. There is no danger of the holy site being conquered by anyone right now, so Thoke decides that he will first conquer the small counties between his realm and the holy site. They are held by weak chieftains allied only to each other. This should be a simple thing.

That was a bit of a shorter one. As far as schemes go, there is currently only Sinech's ongoing scheme to learn shieldmaiden from Thyra.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Rolando, despite being cynical, has pretty clear ambitions to become influential, rich and respected, and also upgrade or increase his demesne to become a powerful and faithful vassal to Thoke; thus he would like to learn the ways of the Seidr in advance, so that he could be considered for a council spot someday before other non-seidr people. Plus, it sounds like it's a good way to bond even more with Thoke, the councilors and other important people in the realm.

Yay, thread's back! Could I get a full screenshot of Rolando's current profile/skills/traits/etc?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 12, 2023

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Vemundr will teach or help with Seidr instruction as is needed, where directed, defaulting to his family or the royal family if/when all councillors are accounted for..

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

TorakFade posted:

Rolando, despite being cynical, has pretty clear ambitions to become influential, rich and respected, and also upgrade or increase his demesne to become a powerful and faithful vassal to Thoke; thus he would like to learn the ways of the Seidr in advance, so that he could be considered for a council spot someday before other non-seidr people. Plus, it sounds like it's a good way to bond even more with Thoke, the councilors and other important people in the realm.

Yay, thread's back! Could I get a full screenshot of Rolando's current profile/skills/traits/etc?

Of course, here's Rolando.

Here's your son.

And here's your new daughter :)

Who does Rolando try to learn seidr from?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Finnish Flasher posted:

Who does Rolando try to learn seidr from?

He'd ask his friend Thoke, if he isn't too busy with training counselors.. in which case, any Seidr willing to help.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
I'm sorry but I have to declare this thread dead. With a new job and an IRL baby on the way I unfortunately can't spare the time to continue with this LP. I might start a new one later when I have more time.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Finnish Flasher posted:

I'm sorry but I have to declare this thread dead. With a new job and an IRL baby on the way I unfortunately can't spare the time to continue with this LP. I might start a new one later when I have more time.

:smith: well it's been fun while it lasted. Hopefully we can have another go later on (and with the new mechanics from Tours&Tournaments maybe...)

Best of luck with job and baby. Make it a Seidr ASAP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
My only regret is that all the murders I did will forever remain a secret.