Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Blaze Dragon posted:

The mystery was obvious after a point but I do enjoy that ultimately, anything and everything that covered it up was just an unfortunate series of coincidences Mabuchi had no place whatsoever in. Even he didn't know how to take them, so hey, may as well roll with it.

Mabuchi: "Someone seems to be covering up my crime. Sure, I'll go with it. Let's think of it as it being the ghost of my dead daughter, it works as well as any other explanation!". But seriously, I actually thought that whole idea of Haruka inadvertently covering up Mabuchi's tracks was moderately clever and added a bit of interest in the final part of the game. So I guess, well done writers, at least on that point!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also you have to sacrifice 1/4th of your time for that joke scene...which I imagine you need for 100% completion? Quite cruel, but hey, you only used about half the time so I guess it's not that bad. Still, it does seem like you'd have to play very tight to get full completion. The fact that the secretary changes with how much you've done is pretty weird, not exactly what I'd call a reward for the player, but maybe it'd make more sense to me if I saw all of them, I don't know.

Yeah of course, all dialogues count for 100%. And there are many useless dialogues, for example you can ask everybody for their weight and height and also for their "tree sizes" (the male characters included). And you would have to exhaust all the "tell me more" options too, don't forget about that. I thik the problem they were facing was that the game was definitely on the short side, so I guess they tried to add some extra stuff that would push you to play multiple times. I guess the secretary thing is also a part of that, kind of like a "collectable". It seems that the game was originally priced at arount 6700 yen back in 1998, which translates to about $55 or so in today's money. To me this is a lot for such a short game, especially since the game is actually pretty linear for the most part since you just follow a single line of inquiry at most times!

For fun, I have actually been able to find the pictures of all four different actresses who play the secretary at the end:

But other than as a "collectable" I don't really know what is the point of this. From other videos of this game that I've checked out it seems that number 3 or 4 above are the ones that people usually get. (No. 2 is so elusive that this is literally the only picture I could find!)

Blaze Dragon posted:

Fun playthrough of a game I never heard about and could've never played, as always, ivantod.

Thanks, and there's plenty more where this came from, including Tengai Makyou which I will be continuing with shortly! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU