Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kalli posted:

He's been MIA for 3 years now, that ship has sailed.

Like since putting up 149 / 1725 / 9 in 2019 he's put up:

40 / 438 / 0 in half a season
DNP 2021
16 / 171 / 3 this season.

I don't know if anyone's needed a change of scenery more then him.

Smells like a distressed asset with high bust potential. A Bill Belichick specialty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

He hasn't played all year, I hope he looks like himself. With the IR rules he could have come back a few weeks ago and you'd think if he was close to 100% he would have been in vs Carolina, but I don't know how to read these tea leaves.

Interior OL is in real bad shape, I could see starting him just because he's nearing replacement level.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/sportscentralla/status/1614766689329053697?s=46&t=7TXduGaaoRLDqP6kSoIuGg

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Agree with the refs in the imaginary conversation: what a loser.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

fsif posted:

Agree with the refs in the imaginary conversation: what a loser.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

lmfao

fine him $80,000

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

That appears to be based off a $30m roster bonus in 2024 that triggers only if he plays in 4 games this upcoming season for them.

They'll cut him post June 1st and "only" have like I think a combined $40m? dead cap split over the next two seasons.

No it should only be $14-$15 million since they lowered his salary to $1 million this year (and gave him another $1 million bonus for doing so. )

But they aren’t keeping him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Good lord Joey

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bro what actual loving version of reality is he living in where the refs were screwing HIS team in that game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol

true MAGA mind here

"it was fixed! STOP THE COUNT!"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have never really heard Bosa speak he’s got a vocal fry Spicoli type voice

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ha. Garrett Wilson called the same ref out (and got fined) earlier for not getting a blatant late hit oob. Turns out he’s from Michigan.

https://twitter.com/bso/status/1614746444233314306?s=46&t=_bslJJH1ce7Ms8gMUtTfjw

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Brb, going to spend decades officiating DIII and DII games in order to work myself up to the highest level in order periodically screw over players in the NFL from my school's rival alma mater in a not particularly consequential way.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Haha that rules.

*Looks at own roster*

Actually this is serious and that monster needs to be stopped.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We all have hobbies, fsif.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

The only thing I can say in his defense is even Tony Dungy was calling that a false start on live tv.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Sigh

Deep breath

“Go Dallas”

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

fsif posted:

Brb, going to spend decades officiating DIII and DII games in order to work myself up to the highest level in order periodically screw over players in the NFL from my school's rival alma mater in a not particularly consequential way.

We've seen refs be petty for less. There's been all of one firing in what the past decade?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

lol

true MAGA mind here

"it was fixed! STOP THE COUNT!"

Wrong bosa

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I mean

Maybe

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Do the jags have no Ohio state players at all

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Michigan / Ohio State rivalry is like brainworms. Are you idiots serious

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Maaaaaaaybe

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I mean yeah.

Joey's just never been vocal about possible MAGA poo poo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He sounded so much like a superfan there I thought he was gonna end the conversation with how these games are rigged

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The nfl is scripted

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I know, what a loving idiot. They should just ship that rear end in a top hat out of LA and out of the AFC, right to the Seahawks.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Let’s withhold judgment until we hear his thoughts on the Raiders’ win-loss record when adjusted for refs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lifespan posted:

I know, what a loving idiot. They should just ship that rear end in a top hat out of LA and out of the AFC, right to the Seahawks.

He can come to the Chiefs and then instead of the refs are trying to prop up Mahomes he can switch to say the refs are trying to make an LA team relevant

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My university won the championship my sophomore year NAIA Division II

The backup QB was Craig Kupp, who was drafted by the Giants in 1990. His greatest accomplishment during his time in the NFL was siring a son named Cooper

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jerrah gonna draft a kicker in the first round this spring.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They need to make this expedited review thing permanent for the regular season.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
loving deja vu

Mommas, dont let your children grow up to be ball players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

They need to make this expedited review thing permanent for the regular season.

The only downside I can see is it can cause kind of a lack of clarity for the coach as to whether or not they actually need to challenge.

I think the biggest problem with the NFL officiating system isn't necessarily the number of challenges or what plays can be challenged. The problem is the fact that, even when poo poo gets to New York, there's a remarkable lack of consistency in how things are called.

Both of these plays for example went to New York and the exact opposite decision was made. See if you can figure out why:

https://youtube.com/shorts/aZaQ63ZxSZc?feature=share (profanity)

https://youtu.be/f5eO2ymIPK0

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 18, 2023