Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Yeah natural gas is bad or whatever, but I'm always filling my place with smoke from trying to sautee at a razor-thin margin under the smoke point. That's gotta be way worse, so it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

cat botherer posted:

Yeah natural gas is bad or whatever, but I'm always filling my place with smoke from trying to sautee at a razor-thin margin under the smoke point. That's gotta be way worse, so it doesn't matter.

youre a bad person if you dont look like this in the kitchen or generally

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

cat botherer posted:

The real solution to indoor air quality concerns is to cook outside whenever possible and to share those delicious NOXes with your neighbors.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

youre a bad person if you dont look like this in the kitchen or generally

cooking with the covid thread, up next on c-spam 2

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Any indoor stove is a needless luxury. Your fire and burn risk will be much lower without one. I'm doing this because I care about your wellbeing.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

what you want is a "banjo burner", which is a standalone burner that they use to heat 150+qt pots at event crawfish boils. it's like cooking directly over a jet exhaust

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

what you want is a "banjo burner", which is a standalone burner that they use to heat 150+qt pots at event crawfish boils. it's like cooking directly over a jet exhaust

tried this recently, it can take cast iron from cool to ready to sear in 2 minutes flat

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

better for ensuring you and your poetry enters literary canon

Came here to say this

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Subvisual Haze posted:

Any indoor stove is a needless luxury. Your fire and burn risk will be much lower without one. I'm doing this because I care about your wellbeing.

Fully grill pilled

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

NOx is lighter than atmosphere. Simply have a very tall house, no problemo

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

164000 BTU holy poo poo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
it's disproportionately giving the rich brain damage

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

exmarx posted:

There's an apartment high rise here where they installed gas ranges only in the upper half of the building. Proles on the lower half of the floors get electric.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
One benefit of a gas stove is you can run it with gas you produce yourself. You can ferment turds or potentially just plug it straight into your butt.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
:gas:😍:gas:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

exmarx posted:

except that the top third or whatever probably do have real range hoods that dont just vent back into the kitchen so even thats not fair

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

they have a warmer sound

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Buck Wildman posted:

they have a warmer sound

that's only in the morning. you should be up cooking breakfast

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

a satisfying "fwoosh" sound.

I love hearing that clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick and then having to turn off the gas and leave the room for a while because I get a little scared that I'll explode the kitchen if the burner actually lights :)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I love hearing that clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick and then having to turn off the gas and leave the room for a while because I get a little scared that I'll explode the kitchen if the burner actually lights :)

it is incredibly satisfying. like the degauss. :(

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
natural gas generates the electricity for your electric range. you're always cooking with gas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exmarx posted:

I'm the one guy with $25,000,000,000 who doesn't have a kitchen

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

i get to bitch at my mom whenever she tries to cook on mine because she never ever turns on the vent

quite satisfying

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

In Training posted:

I'm the one guy with $25,000,000,000 who doesn't have a kitchen

i'm other (clean green coal)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

they're great to char poblano peppers on, char 'em up, then shove cheese inside, then roast in a pan until the cheese is soft and chop