Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The sequel to the Jim Carrey film Yes Man....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Devils Affricate posted:

One time my Japanese teacher in college told the class "In America no means no, but in Japan, no often means yes" I'm not even loving around lol

What? The gently caress?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The sequel to the Jim Carrey film Yes Man....

Al Bundy beat him to the punch

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Devils Affricate posted:

One time my Japanese teacher in college told the class "In America no means no, but in Japan, no often means yes" I'm not even loving around lol

I really hope there's some context to this that doesn't make him sound like a PUA. From my understanding, just flat out saying no in Japan means you really loving hate that person.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Infidel Castro posted:

I really hope there's some context to this that doesn't make him sound like a PUA. From my understanding, just flat out saying no in Japan means you really loving hate that person.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

white people say no like this

but japanese people say no like this

*thunderous applause and laughter*