Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's just really good weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I've tried about every drug under the sun except opiates and I'm keeping it that way.

Brought back too many people and seen too many who couldn't come back and no point even trying. I don't keep count anymore.

Was a hair away from ordering Chinese RC's back in the day but never pulled the trigger, found real LSD locally and shelved that idea.

Good idea I think, brain is hosed up enough already, no idea what random poo poo from a Chinese back alley lab would have done.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah there was a bunch of weed in it too and a little ball of black opium that tasted floral as poo poo in a way that weed definitely isn't

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Private Cumshoe posted:

Yeah there was a bunch of weed in it too and a little ball of black opium that tasted floral as poo poo in a way that weed definitely isn't

This is in fact that poo poo

Don't do opiates/opiods but a mix of opium and hash in a big hookah is well..... Yea

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

This just reminded me of the time I went to a dentist near my local strip of sketchy "pain clinics" trying to get the cheap checkup they advertised and they hustled me out of the clinic after like 10 minutes without charging me once I said I didn't have any issues requiring pain meds.

lol, it would apparently cause confusion/panic/awkwardness at "pain clinics" when the rare person walked in with an actual medical problem. They'd have to write a referral somehow getting across "this person needs to be seen at a real doctor's office"

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Pekinduck posted:

lol, it would apparently cause confusion/panic/awkwardness at "pain clinics" when the rare person walked in with an actual medical problem. They'd have to write a referral somehow getting across "this person needs to be seen at a real doctor's office"

"rare person" lol, as if they're flooded during business hours only with people they turn away and don't generate any revenue. You got some off ideas about pain

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

FirstnameLastname posted:

if fentanyl is mixed in w/ a substance improperly, like w/o using a pharmaceutical mixer that distributes everything as evenly as possible, you'll get hotspots of concentrated fentanyl, it's active in microgram amounts, 50mcg of it a lot, and that's less than you'd be able to see w/ ths naked eye

so if you're unlucky that 1/10th dose might be all the fent they cut in and kill you.

Yeah, that’s how my son died - got addicted to pills after a botched knee surgery, bought some pressed fake oxys on the street(we think), took two and was found dead near his apartment entrance. He had two more in his pocket and the medical examiner told me that one of them had enough fent to kill even a long term addict and the other was basically bunk.

He should have known better, I talked to him about it not two weeks before his death, but it was 2015 and the fent thing wasn’t in high gear yet. He was 24 years old and had just graduated from ASU with a degree in mechanical engineering. I miss him.

Don’t do heroin, please.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

JnnyThndrs posted:

Yeah, that’s how my son died - got addicted to pills after a botched knee surgery, bought some pressed fake oxys on the street(we think), took two and was found dead near his apartment entrance. He had two more in his pocket and the medical examiner told me that one of them had enough fent to kill even a long term addict and the other was basically bunk.

He should have known better, I talked to him about it not two weeks before his death, but it was 2015 and the fent thing wasn’t in high gear yet. He was 24 years old and had just graduated from ASU with a degree in mechanical engineering. I miss him.

Don’t do heroin, please.

I'm sorry about your son. That poo poo must have been brutal beyond belief.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm sorry about your son. That poo poo must have been brutal beyond belief.

I got off work(we couldn’t have our cell phones at work) got in my car, checked my phone and had like 15 messages from my parents, ex-wife(my son’s mom), her husband, my sister, etc., and instantly knew what happened.

I just started driving home without listening to any of them, figuring if I didn’t listen to the messages, then it hadn’t happened and everything was ok. Grief-logic, right? Eventually my dad called me and reality came crashing down. I couldn’t even go to the funeral.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

parthenocarpy posted:

"rare person" lol, as if they're flooded during business hours only with people they turn away and don't generate any revenue. You got some off ideas about pain

I'm talking about the blatant pill mills. They weren't set up to do anything but write oxy scripts.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I'll just throw it out there, nasal naloxone is getting really available, and it's free many places in NA, not sure about the rest of the world,, just ask the pharmacy.

Doing the jabby stabby is really weird if you've never done it before, but a child could administer nasal easy peasy. I pray they never need to do that. But it's good we are making it easier with the nasal.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if fentanyl is mixed in w/ a substance improperly, like w/o using a pharmaceutical mixer that distributes everything as evenly as possible, you'll get hotspots of concentrated fentanyl, it's active in microgram amounts, 50mcg of it a lot, and that's less than you'd be able to see w/ ths naked eye

Nowadays a lot of the fentanyl comes in through the same supply chains from the south as meth, coke, and benzos, much of which gets cut, mixed and pressed into fake adderall and xanax as well using shared equipment by the same idiots. All black market pills are currently suspect, not just pain pills.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

Nowadays a lot of the fentanyl comes in through the same supply chains from the south as meth, coke, and benzos, much of which gets cut, mixed and pressed into fake adderall and xanax as well using shared equipment by the same idiots. All black market pills are currently suspect, not just pain pills.

after hearing this, I think we might need another civil war

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
I took a pill from the dentist (oxy?) and it was the only time I remember feeling normal.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Colonel Cancer posted:

it's a very very different kind of "can't move"

i've never shot or smoked dope but I have been pinned to the ground by opium a decent amount of times

when your biggest worries are "can I turn my head 90 degrees to puke and not die if needed?" and "this seems like it should be a hosed up situation but it feels amazing and I don't want it to end, why is that?"

Ograbme posted:

I took a pill from the dentist (oxy?) and it was the only time I remember feeling normal.

this is the lie of opiates. Morphine is endogenous as are other endorphins and so all this ties into our normal sense of "feeling good" but it is NOT normal to feel remotely that good for any length of time. Maybe, like 5 mins if you just killed a mammoth and saved your whole tribe.

Samsara/the world is pain and suffering; from a biological point of view that pain and suffering has forced us to adapt and survive. Opiates are just a veneer of physical pleasure and mental relief smeared over the poo poo that is samsara. It's not clarity, it's just more poo poo dripping in your eyes keeping you from embracing the totality of suffering which is existence on this plane. Let go of your fears, embrace the blood and ichor.

Also they inevitably lead to more suffering because they create a very loving strong sense of attachment and whoops the things we are attached to universally bring us pain. Cool universe!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

poverty goat posted:

yea it gets mixed into everything now

19yo college kids thinkin theyre gonna roll to Marshmello and end up needing narcan

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

JnnyThndrs posted:

Don’t do heroin, please.

I'm so sorry.

I'm the same age as your son. the only reason i stayed away from pain drugs was my mom was an addict my whole childhood & so i got addicted to benzos a decade ago instead and have an rx.

all of my childhood friends are either in recovery or addicts. every single one. all my relatives within ~+8yr of age above me - all addicts. my mom's best friend lost her dad, brother, nearly daughter. my little brother graduated highschool with multiple ODes classmates in the yearbook, his best friend's already been through rehab too, for 6 years. he's 22.

it's hosed up feeling like my peers should have a Vietnam memorial style monument or the way everybody ended up getting told they'd have a bright future on the way only to get slipped fent and benzos :/

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

I’m so sorry.

it's hosed up feeling like my peers should have a Vietnam memorial style monument or the way everybody ended up getting told they'd have a bright future on the way only to get slipped fent and benzos :/

Thanks, I appreciate that.

As far as a memorial goes, I’ve thought the same thing on occasion, there’s just So Many people hosed up or dead on opiates and/or benzodiazepines, it’s tragic. I was lucky in that opiates have little effect on me, so I never wanted to spend the money for such a mild buzz.

I was a meth addict for a couple years, but luckily got out of that without a whole lot of long-term damage, so I’m intimately familiar with the drug world, and the fentanyl crisis is just sad.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

JnnyThndrs posted:

Thanks, I appreciate that.

As far as a memorial goes, I’ve thought the same thing on occasion, there’s just So Many people hosed up or dead on opiates and/or benzodiazepines, it’s tragic. I was lucky in that opiates have little effect on me, so I never wanted to spend the money for such a mild buzz.

I was a meth addict for a couple years, but luckily got out of that without a whole lot of long-term damage, so I’m intimately familiar with the drug world, and the fentanyl crisis is just sad.

The whole drug landscape has shifted a lot from when I was active in my addictions. The rise of fentanyl is close to unprecedented (I think maybe the development of morphine and IV administration around the US Civil War might represent a sea change of a similar magnitude, but that's debatable), and an unfortunate side effect of successfully stamping out domestic methamphetamine production has been a streamlining and corporatization of the supply chain with the cartels which makes it absurdly cheap.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7gbFMWZWlo

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

CaptainSarcastic posted:

an unfortunate side effect of successfully stamping out domestic methamphetamine production has been a streamlining and corporatization of the supply chain with the cartels which makes it absurdly cheap.

Yep. When I was a crankster, my main connection had amazingly pure stuff - I didn’t realize it until later - because he got it straight from one of the first big labs right over the Mexican border, when everybody else had fair-to-poor speed that Bob the Biker and Strung-out Steve were making in bathtubs and garages. By the time I got out of that lifestyle, everybody was getting it from Mexican labs, second or third hand.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When you're on junk you have only one worry: scoring. When you're off it, you are suddenly obliged to worry about all sorts of other shite. Got no money: can't get pissed. Got money: drinking too much. Can't get a bird: no chance of a ride. Got a bird: too much hassle. You have to worry about bills, about food, about some football team that never loving wins, about human relationships and all the things that really don't matter when you've got a sincere and truthful junk habit.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Papaver somniferum flowers smell amazing. Very unique.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I do not shoot the smack I only smoke the sensimilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I make my own jenkem