Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

NeatHeteroDude posted:

What are egg prices around yours parts? Mine are a dozen big ones for $6

$6 for a dozen regular store brand eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Costco was out of eggs last week. I can imagine it was like the toilet paper craze in covid

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Buy eggs now, sell them in a month for triple the money

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i like cage free non organic eggs (scam price eggs) and theyre not available for 2 weeks now

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Chickens are easy to take care of except for the making GBS threads everywhere thing and we get 2 eggs a day

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
People who eat this poo poo but are like "ew haggis"

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

ikanreed posted:

People who eat this poo poo but are like "ew haggis"

Yeah but that's because it's made by Scottish people

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Weka posted:

$6.50 for 30 good sized high quality eggs.

Dang, is it a regional thing? My eggs are way more expensive.

papersack posted:

$6 for a dozen regular store brand eggs

Jesus yeah. We're lucky to have a Costco nearby so we can miss the Albertsons pricing, but it's still so much more expensive per egg

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

store brand eggs near me are 4.83 accordig to the stores website that i just looked at, for oen dozen

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I got 30 medium eggs for $12 today, eggquivalent to $4.8/dozen. Eggflation is out of control!

Hatebag has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Jan 16, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

eggs were sparse at the grocery yesterday BUT there was a massive human poo between two cars in the indoor parking lot

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Eat the eggs hatebag

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Eggnough is eggnough

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Dang, is it a regional thing? My eggs are way more expensive.

Yeah my region is rural south island of NZ but they just went up to like 8 USD for 30.

mawarannahr posted:

eggs were sparse at the grocery yesterday BUT there was a massive human poo between two cars in the indoor parking lot

How could you tell it was human?

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Smythe posted:

i like cage free non organic eggs (scam price eggs) and theyre not available for 2 weeks now

i buy the scam price eggs and theyre the same price as regular ones now

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
i don't eat eggs but my uncle is making a killing selling eggs from his 2 dozen garden chickens to his neighbors and he keeps on offering to let me have 2 dozen eggs a week for free

should i start taking them and reselling???

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He's just tricking you - first eggs always free and then they getcha

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

a lot of people don't know this but it's actually legal to open a carton of eggs at the store and eat one to see if they're good, as long as you buy the carton

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
genuine pro-tip: if you have a co-op grocery near you, check their egg prices because there's a good chance they buy from local farmers and the relative price will be lower than your average grocery

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dustcat posted:

a lot of people don't know this but it's actually legal to open a carton of eggs at the store and eat one to see if they're good, as long as you buy the carton

You have to swallow it whole like a snake or it doesn't count.

Source: I'm a grocery store egg lawyer

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

ikanreed posted:

You have to swallow it whole like a snake or it doesn't count.

Source: I'm a grocery store egg lawyer

Misread this as layer and had a pretty distressing mental image of someone squatting behind the freezers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

cenotaph posted:

Misread this as layer and had a pretty distressing mental image of someone squatting behind the freezers.

Why do you think some eggs are brown?