Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
i know times r tough and a lot of business are struggling to stay afloat and workers struggle to find good work but kissing booths switching to the door-to-door model has been nothing but an annoyance, it's the worst of both worlds. most times they're just interrupting your day off or evenings to have this awkward exchange of trying to politely decline, while they try every psychological tactic into guilting you into at least listening to their full speal even if you've heard it all before. First it was just a few times a month, then multiple a week, and since 2023 lucky to get a day without one or more stopping by. You'd think business was booming with how many different ones seem to have all day to go round knocking and knocking. Most absurd thing is, even when you do want a kiss, they aren't there! Before, you'd make an appointment or do a walk-in if the line wasn't too long, it was on you to choose. Now it's just whenever they happen to be by, the booths are gone because rent too high, and they won't make an app since it's such an old-fashioned industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
thinking about getting one of those nest door kissers, guess it's kind of mean since they'll waste some time on the speal and give out the sample kiss at least before realizing not real lips, but honestly still faster than you having to say no yourself without being rude. plus the camera in the lips has a feed for your phone so you can still look and see if you wanted to bother with that kisser or not.

baka of lathspell

*ooc* I haven’t seen a kissing booth in years. a total pandemic is v unfortunate to their model i suppose

*ic* the worst is when you give them a bad kiss review and then they call u after to tell you they were fired

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

I’m the person that keeps ordering the kissing service then hiding in my room

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Shifty Nipples

baka fwocka fwame posted:

I’m the person that keeps ordering the kissing service then hiding in my room

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

kissing booths sound like a really weird idea now

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

alexandriao

ohhhh. *kissing* booth. Well I'm lucky they were into that,

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
ACAB. Oh wait, you said booth, not boot.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
i feel bad but i mostly just get my kisses off amazon now. oh well, no ethical kissing under capitalism :shrug:

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Shifty Nipples

alexandriao posted:

ohhhh. *kissing* booth. Well I'm lucky they were into that,

I've been wondering for a while what is the deal with the picture in your sig with the maid and the booze and the ak (I think)

RepeatingMeme

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i feel bad but i mostly just get my kisses off amazon now. oh well, no ethical kissing under capitalism :shrug:

I stopped doing this after getting burned too many times with knock-off kisses containing chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer. Sourcing your kisses from a locally-owned kissing booth is a little bit pricier, but you cant argue with quality

Thanks Justa Dandelion, Dumb Sex-Parrot, deep dish peat moss!

Buttchocks

I know it's terrible, but I grew up with processed industrial kisses, and I just can't enjoy any other kind. After the climate apocalypse, you'll be glad they have a near-infinite shelf life.

Khanstant
i grew up across the street from a huge field of kissing trees so i always default to fresh if i ever live close enough to town

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
I just get kisses from all my gfs 1x/day

Ass-penny

Kiss Wilkes Booth

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Simsmagic

im beautiful

seeking venture funding for a new startup called "Kyss", a new mobile app where people can pay independent contractors to deliver kisses directly to them wherever they are

thank you dumb sex-parrot for the wonderful sig!

Simsmagic

im beautiful

Latest mobile startup "Kyss" under some hot water online today for the name they've chosen as their brand, which some see as embracing an unfortunate acronym and promoting spread of herpes simplex. The startup is set to issue a press release regarding the controversy later this evening.

thank you dumb sex-parrot for the wonderful sig!

Scuba Trooper

i like ur idea but i accidentally venmo'd my life savings to Kyuss instead :rock:

baka of lathspell

Scuba Trooper posted:

i like ur idea but i accidentally venmo'd my life savings to Kyuss instead :rock:

i was waiting for a post like this

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Whatever happened to a good old fashioned Kicking Booth?

Shadow0

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

This has all been really disruptive for the hugging booth industry. People are getting tired of booths, and that's hurting us as well.

It may also because we give them out for free.

Twenty Four

The door to door glory hole just isn't the same. All the excitement and mystery is gone when the other person is just holding up a one foot square divider with a hole in it between the two of you.

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
My great grandpappy used to work down at the towns kiss factory for a dime an hour before the poorly maintained safety equipment resulted in a factory explosion. I'm glad today's kissing Union exists to help maintain safe working conditions

Khanstant

Twenty Four posted:

The door to door glory hole just isn't the same. All the excitement and mystery is gone when the other person is just holding up a one foot square divider with a hole in it between the two of you.

Big Gloryhole practically drove the mom & pop glory-hole-drilleries out of business and then just stopped offering the service entirely to drive up divider sales since the CEO's brother owned the manufacturer for them

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
when my dad was a glory holer my mom didn't even have to work. try that these days

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Sherbert Hoover posted:

when my dad was a glory holer my mom didn't even have to work. try that these days

lol

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Twenty Four

Khanstant posted:

Big Gloryhole practically drove the mom & pop glory-hole-drilleries out of business and then just stopped offering the service entirely to drive up divider sales since the CEO's brother owned the manufacturer for them

An old timer in a little town goes down to the ol' local glory hole that's been there since he was a youngin, and looks forlornly with a single tear running down his cheek as he finds it all boarded up.

biosterous

Twenty Four posted:

An old timer in a little town goes down to the ol' local glory hole that's been there since he was a youngin, and looks forlornly with a single tear running down his cheek as he finds it all boarded up.

yet another local business put down by the dick sucking factories

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Khanstant
goddamnit, got home and there was a huge package at the door, couldnt remember ordering anything tho

i drag it inside and there's a drat kissin boothsman packed in there popped out asking for cash on delivery like its 1998 or something

Shifty Nipples

Khanstant posted:

goddamnit, got home and there was a huge package at the door, couldnt remember ordering anything tho

i drag it inside and there's a drat kissin boothsman packed in there popped out asking for cash on delivery like its 1998 or something

lol

baka of lathspell

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Manifisto

these new fangled kiss-sharing services started out sounding great, I admit. I can even handle the peak surcharges, but last Saturday when I found myself sharing the same kiss with a tourist family of 6, two grumpy businessmen, a sanitation worker, and a Finnish au pair--for the third weekend in a row--I started to wonder, is this really progress?

Buttchocks

I don't mind door-to-door kissing booths, but I refuse to take their literature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant

Manifisto posted:

these new fangled kiss-sharing services started out sounding great, I admit. I can even handle the peak surcharges, but last Saturday when I found myself sharing the same kiss with a tourist family of 6, two grumpy businessmen, a sanitation worker, and a Finnish au pair--for the third weekend in a row--I started to wonder, is this really progress?

Consider yourself lucky, last time I pooled 3 of the people were just there to try and slip me something in the group kiss to advertise wonder cleaner or whatever