Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

It must be funny for them to go from "Holy poo poo we finally get some playoff game balls after all these decades!" to "God dammit yet another playoff game ball where the gently caress are we gonna put this one."

Zac Taylor has mentioned he had to get somebody to look for places because he ran out of locations he was personally familiar with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Eifert Posting posted:

Zac Taylor has mentioned he had to get somebody to look for places because he ran out of locations he was personally familiar with.

It's a cool practice that, I hope, will continue to necessitate finding more and more new places that don't have one yet. Burrow's parents took one to an Athens bar after the Ravens game.

Hi buddy. Long time first time.

How did the forums get ahold of your name, by the way?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Racing Stripe posted:

It's a cool practice that, I hope, will continue to necessitate finding more and more new places that don't have one yet. Burrow's parents took one to an Athens bar after the Ravens game.

Hi buddy. Long time first time.

How did the forums get ahold of your name, by the way?

Zima

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

poo poo, we should have gotten Kirios to tell us his name when he was hammered on steel reserve and four loko the other day

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Since you're nasty--, Bengals

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

deflated the balls before the game

If your balls are deflating before watching Joe Burrow lead the Bengos to victory, then you need to work on your stamina and edging technique.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Joe Brrrr-ow aka Mr. Cool Ice.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MrLogan posted:

Dak is a huge downgrade from Carr.

I've said it before, Dak is just Blake Bortles with weapons.

Dak should hope to be immortalized like Blake Bortles in The Good Place.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Whatever happened to Bortles? He had a couple decent years. Just not interested in being a backup?

Seems like he'd be a better option than at least half the league has.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he was a backup for a couple years. this isn't brought up very much but once QBs get pretty far into being a veteran, if they aren't actively helping the team on the sideline and aren't a really good QB they will be cut and somebody cheaper will come in. all the backups you see sitting down helping to go over plays or standing around talking up a storm to the starter or a coach are just doing their job there too. i am lying about blake bortles. i am misrepresenting him to have some fun online. he was in the league 8 years, wasn't going to make a shitload more money than what he had earned, and didn't want to go through training camp and so on. hung it up

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 26, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oh yeah the thing I was looking at just showed his Jags stats.

Actually he made a lot more than I'd have guessed, good for him.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
He ultimately evolved into Warbortles.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I;m thinking about thos Beans

Old people fumbling around on the internet always bring gold

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Gonz posted:

He ultimately evolved into Warbortles.

When does he evolve into Bortoise?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He had a couple backup stints on the Rams and Packers before retiring recently because gently caress it.

Guy got paid and even had a good playoff run before becoming a career backup, and he's probably not gonna be hosed up from injuries. Good for him!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
He made a total of 47 million in NFL salary. Not bad for a guy named Bort

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll never forget the '14 preseason where he went off and people were asking if he was going to be the next superstar QB.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What people?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bortlemaniacs. Millions of people going Bonkers for Bortles.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bort

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mega64 posted:

Bortlemaniacs. Millions of people going Bonkers for Bortles.

The Good Place was a fun show

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bort made tens of millions and is now a 30 year old guy in Orlando just playing golf and doing UCF events and bro things. A good life.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i still remember when Bortles was in college and if you google image searched his name you'd get way more pictures of his girlfriend than you got of him

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The around the league guys flipped out over him, I also remember a bunch of articles with writers losing their mind.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Diva Cupcake posted:

Bort made tens of millions and is now a 30 year old guy in Orlando just playing golf and doing UCF events and bro things. A good life.

That sounds like hell to me.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Bort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Diva Cupcake posted:

Hell yes