Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Thanks for the preliminary feedback, we thank you for the input. We are now starting the second 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Joe Exotic Presidency? Sure, a tiger would eat a diplomat or two, but, imo, most "What is this WACKY somehow-famous person became president!?" hypotheticals no longer have the same punch they used to.

I mean, we had that. That happened. We know how it'd go.

First gay president :patriot:

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Thanks for the preliminary feedback, we thank you for the input. We are now starting the second 9/11.

Aw son of a bitch.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

i take it we'll be blaming C-SPAM?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

maybe this is just the second benghazi

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
I'll be taking the rest of the day off, definitely won't make that mistake again.

If it happens on a Thursday might start the weekend early.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

my money's on US dropping the nuke on someone again.

possibly by a group of lone wolves high up in the military.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I missed the boat last time cause I was a dumb kid, but after the next 9/11 I'm deffo finding a way to get rich off of making up stories about how I was at ground zero and doing hero poo poo

Coin
Jan 9, 2006

I'm no shitposter; I always know how I'm posting is wrong. I'm just a guy that doesn't like reading the thread, effortposting, and respecting the mods. So if you think about it, I'm the best poster here.
War with Iran.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Remember when the largest mass shooting ever happened in Vegas, then nothing changed and nobody was held accountable?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

If there's another 9/11, I'm going straight over to accounts payable and banging the secretary.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Who will we invade?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Remember when the largest mass shooting ever happened in Vegas, then nothing changed and nobody was held accountable?

wasnt this also the largest terrorist attack in the us in history other than 9/11

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

pencilhands posted:

wasnt this also the largest terrorist attack in the us in history other than 9/11

Oklahoma City bombing

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
also the first WTC bombing if you're counting by casualties

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

oh my bad

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Yea but that was DOMESTIC terrorism. You know, the kind we can't possibly do anything about because it might hurt gun profits.

A brown person from a foreign land doing a dirty bomb on times Square or whatever would be a whole different ballgame. Those here who said we'd be howling for blood as a nation are 100% correct imho.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Now now what a man does with his legally owned guns in Vegas stays in Vegas

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Hey the 4th largest in US history being just a guy with some guns isn't any less terrifying than if it actually was 2nd.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Buildings start crashing into the airport? Totally reversing what we expected? It could happen!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dystopia Barbarian posted:

Yea but that was DOMESTIC terrorism. You know, the kind we can't possibly do anything about because it might hurt gun profits.

No, the Las Vegas shooting was committed by a white guy. Just another lone wolf, nothing we can do, our hands are tied.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
In terms of 'Islamic terrorism', how many of the smaller attacks (like the Boston bombing) or attempted attacks in the US (or really any of the west) were carried out by dudes hactually connected to al-Qaeda or IS, actively recruiting people and training them in these camps that the US media used to go on about?

Maybe I'm way off but I get the sense that in Europe it's probably pretty common for attackers to have orders and financing actually come directly from these groups. But most of the attacks Stateside, or even here in Canada or the UK, feel almost like copycats - young, disillusioned and aimless men who are dumb as bricks and definitely influenced by the words of AQ/IS, but not connected to them in any meaningful way. Your classic Four Lions scenario.

Does that make sense, am I way off?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

First gay president :patriot:

I have it on good authority that grover cleveland was a leather bear in his off time.. They called him the rimjob walrus of the whitehouse.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Looking forward to being called a traitor again for not openly crying when a firetruck with an American flag mounted at the back drives by.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I have it on good authority that grover cleveland was a leather bear in his off time.. They called him the rimjob walrus of the whitehouse.

There's no loving way there was, or ever will be, president Grover. Begone troll!!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The tributes produced on SA will propel it straight back into relevance and another golden age.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

as we speak terrorists are filling the pacific ocean with plastic and so called “forever chemicals”

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Johnny, you are the terrorists.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The garbage islands will become so large you will be able to walk on them to any US coast. As a result the US will nuke the ocean and solve the recycling crisis once and for all.

:patriot:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

People die violently in the low thousands all over the world all the time.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Mister Speaker posted:

In terms of 'Islamic terrorism', how many of the smaller attacks (like the Boston bombing) or attempted attacks in the US (or really any of the west) were carried out by dudes hactually connected to al-Qaeda or IS, actively recruiting people and training them in these camps that the US media used to go on about?

Maybe I'm way off but I get the sense that in Europe it's probably pretty common for attackers to have orders and financing actually come directly from these groups. But most of the attacks Stateside, or even here in Canada or the UK, feel almost like copycats - young, disillusioned and aimless men who are dumb as bricks and definitely influenced by the words of AQ/IS, but not connected to them in any meaningful way. Your classic Four Lions scenario.

Does that make sense, am I way off?

Replace AQ/IS with the CIA, and replace "unconnected lone wolfs" with "actual CIA assets" and you'd be spot on.

Lemon Trees
Dec 19, 2022

Cool Cucumber
Which country is going to replace us as the leading superpower? I think China will

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Lemon Trees posted:

Which country is going to replace us as the leading superpower? I think China will

Mongolia has been awfully quiet for a few centuries, biding their time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Gotta start building a great wall before it's too late lol