Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

basket

crystalline beings are usually slower, more rational thinkers... unless their structural fragility is echo'd by their response triggers...
i made a poem and i hope you might read it but more importantly that you will make a poem or write some prose too.

an inversion point beyond us both, sentience in universe at quarter-life still grows, the stars such points? that glows; that glows, almost the first; most slowed time scales explode, supernovas death to birth quick-life then rose, more strife though hardiness made nice once imposed selection deposed... cling tight as pushed towards roads as seem pointed to by forces barely thought, just known, less day more night, less fright but more loads, quicker and quicker towards tipping points goes, self destruct or corrupt birth body were shown, yet always less heeded to make crisis points groan, some become rebirthed as seeds as cosmic winds blow, those that reach past the thick of things make new worlds into new homes, those survived somewhat last grow, existence bodes well though most scarred, not goaded by creations of selves despite both code, knowledge best kept close while most said; owed, as later support and carried to much more quick roads, when point inversion approach expansion break point sh-t no...just balanced now balance and balance while earth still yet grows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quadramind

When I'm Gone

Please make sure the dog gets walked
And do keep the place tidy, if you can
Make sure you eat a proper meal every day
Something nice but healthy

Try not to miss me too much
I'll be thinking of you all the time
Not sure how long I'll be,
But I hope to come home soon

One more thing, honey
Please don't look too closely at me
It hurts to not be here
I hate for you to see me when I'm gone

baka of lathspell

wrote this about jareth (@ someone else’s suggestion) & am posting here 4 posteriority

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Quadramind

I really like that last verse.

I buried a little friend recently. Digging in stony ground, pouring rain, feverish. It was appropriately horrible!

Here's to the missing :cheerdoge:

baka of lathspell

Quadramind posted:

I really like that last verse.

I buried a little friend recently. Digging in stony ground, pouring rain, feverish. It was appropriately horrible!

Here's to the missing :cheerdoge:

2 clarify jay is ok this is like a pre emptive ode or something cuz i obsess over it. didn’t mean 2 confuse and apologies

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

but inspired by burying my dog which made me start thinking about it hard & that was a whole other thing

e: sorry everything I’m working on rn is part of some project or other & that was all I had

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

other people post stuff thoooo

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Quadramind

Who has the balls to poem?

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I wrote this a while ago. I think I posted it once here. I don't really write so this is about the only thing I have. I think the comment on it before was it felt unfinished.

How do I begin?
Or better yet, how did I begin?
How do we all begin?

If I began with a word it would not be correct. I am not a derivative of a word. I am not an assembly of letters spoken out of another’s mouth. A fricative heaved over the interdental dam of creation. Carried away to a world unknown, each of these utterances, made with each breath. Maybe I began as breath. Breath breathed into a void that would not be lacking if it were not for the absence of what it had been waiting all this time for. A partnership instantaneously adjoined as they birth each other. One, the black, emptiness humming with endless unknowns and the other a flow of life, nubile and eager to touch
hands with that void; always curious, slightly afraid, forever dancing an endless dervish of expansion toward an unknown and unknowable future. A future that must return from where it began when the flow ceases to emerge. A rewinding of experience near the final moments as if to bundle up and stow
away the journey as a journal while making room for the next expedition to commence, bounded forward on the tales of prior travels.

I am breath.

This breath was breathed into existence for its duration to fuel those that need the nourishing of life as it comes in the moments between breaths.

Alright, I’ve begun with a breath. Which is, by all accounts, a good thing to have happen in your life. The breathing part; very crucial. In fact so crucial I do it every time I speak. Those words cannot happen without breath first. It’s quite the chore. So much so, that I feel it should be regulated by
someone.

Maybe I’ll take it up...

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Finger Prince

There once was an orb from byob
Who couldn't write very good poetry
Their lines wouldn't scan
Their rhymes soft, like flan
And their metaphors were all weak and wobbly, also like flan.

Quadramind

Hahahaa

Quadramind

Vs, that whips. I'm into breathing. It is, as you say, a great start.

baka of lathspell

Quadramind posted:

Vs, that whips. I'm into breathing. It is, as you say, a great start.

ya it’s really good. Better than anything i could say about breathing

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

Ass-penny

Finger Prince posted:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

treasure bear

Quadramind posted:

When I'm Gone

Please make sure the dog gets walked
And do keep the place tidy, if you can
Make sure you eat a proper meal every day
Something nice but healthy

Try not to miss me too much
I'll be thinking of you all the time
Not sure how long I'll be,
But I hope to come home soon

One more thing, honey
Please don't look too closely at me
It hurts to not be here
I hate for you to see me when I'm gone

Stoner Sloth

i think that i shall never see. a poem as lovely as B Y O B.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Stoner Sloth posted:

i think that i shall never see. a poem as lovely as B Y O B.

:love:

treasure bear

Through glittering gleams the trovel jingled,
Rumbleclatter, sparkle and trinket clash,
Lay steeped and splendor in a heap mingled,
And empiled amongst her cache

Finger Prince

treasure bear posted:

Through glittering gleams the trovel jingled,
Rumbleclatter, sparkle and trinket clash,
Lay steeped and splendor in a heap mingled,
And empiled amongst her cache

That's chewy!

Quadramind

Ya, I like it. The treasure bear vibes to word count ratio is off the charts.

Makes me eager to know more about the treasure bear, what kind of jams they get in to, what motivates them, how much treasure have they got, if anyone ever tries to glean that treasure.

Ass-penny

Quadramind posted:

Makes me eager to know more about the treasure bear, what kind of jams they get in to, what motivates them, how much treasure have they got, if anyone ever tries to glean that treasure.

I think they have a website that documents their treasure.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Stoner Sloth

Quadramind posted:

rear end-penny posted:

I think they have a website that documents their treasure.

pls give generously to the Bears Who Need More Treasure Foundation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

I found it