Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

oh and the room is v dark too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

heavy metal drummer is the poppiest song theyve ever done why is is smack dab in the middle of their most impenetrable record im so high

Happy Hippo

wait wait wait its actually the perfect song at the perfect time i mean the record obliterates the listener with dissonance and noise and then blam you get hit in the face with some cask strength pop its great

Happy Hippo

lets the listener know that the band could go any which way but right now theyre just going through a weird experimental phase

Happy Hippo

the way poor places starts off sparsely and slowly adds instruments and sounds during three consecutive verses and it builds up and up and up and instead of the gigantic chorus we expect we get a relatively quiet chorus with just organ voice and a light acoustic guitar strumming and it only happens once leaving us wanting more

wheres my lighter

Happy Hippo

subverting expectations all over the dang place

Happy Hippo

im hungry

Happy Hippo

i have convinced myself that the verses in i am trying to break your heart are all supposed to be addressed to the same person but years go by between verses and i also just scraped and smoked a resin ball so

Happy Hippo

you were right about the stars/each one is a setting sun

bruuhhhh

baka of lathspell

ive never heard this album was it a good experience op

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Happy Hippo

baka fwocka fwame posted:

ive never heard this album was it a good experience op

it was it was i mean the whole "american radiohead" thing was way off but for a moment there about 21 or so years ago both bands converged on similar tones so i get it

coincidentally i am high again i mean just mad puzzled

GoutPatrol

*Stupid Babby*

Happy Hippo posted:

heavy metal drummer is the poppiest song theyve ever done why is is smack dab in the middle of their most impenetrable record im so high

gotta make a hit somehow

now it wasn't the hit but you know it still rocks

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
"guy who's into wilco" will forever be a well-defined type of guy to me

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Happy Hippo

Sherbert Hoover posted:

ii guess thats me

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

what a time to be alive :allears:

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
do Being There next op. both discs too

Heather Papps

hello friend

is it good

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Finger Prince

I always get Wilco and Gomez mixed up in that I forget the name of Gomez and think they're called Wilco. I don't think I've ever really listened to Wilco, but I did see Gomez live once.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Finger Prince posted:

I always get Wilco and Gomez mixed up in that I forget the name of Gomez and think they're called Wilco. I don't think I've ever really listened to Wilco, but I did see Gomez live once.

it's not live but yeah Gomez owns

https://youtu.be/fa1v2PIGIGA

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

what can i say the thread delivered

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Happy Hippo

so i bought the 11lp box set of yankee hotel foxtrot thinking that i would never have to buy another copy of this record but welp

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/product/wilco/crosseyed-strangers-an-alternate-yankee-hotel-foxtrot-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I am a beautiful babe who's into wilco and when I enter the rock record shop all the guys turn and go a-buh-buhh in shock. They just don't know how to process it. But fortunately I'm also chill and down to earth with a great sense of humor.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!