Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Brother Tadger posted:

Bragging about being a big tipper lmao jfc

What? I already said I must be destitute. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

That makes it even worse tbh

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
"Don't take any wooden nickels! Ha Ha! No seriously, how much do you make?"
*slips a fiver*

My Uber drivers typically get a 50% tip, cause it'll be around the 10 dollar range, and I just tip 5 bucks, because I don't care to do the math.

i should get a bicycle.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Solid gently caress you to the people that think I'm tipping a dollar for someone to open a beer for me when I'm already paying 2 more than the beer costs. I'll tip on a good cocktail, but I'm also not planning to give half my check away in tips.
12.50 for a couple of tortas and I don't mind giving 2.50 up to not end up with change and that place gives the tips to the kitchen workers, no wait staff.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZAYzLjQAd4

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CameronisGod posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoK9pk5PGzg/?hl=en

I am never eating out or leaving my house again lol.

I read that article in the New York magazine, the author is full of themselves and needs to be flogged.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

nesamdoom posted:

Solid gently caress you to the people that think I'm tipping a dollar for someone to open a beer for me when I'm already paying 2 more than the beer costs. I'll tip on a good cocktail, but I'm also not planning to give half my check away in tips.
12.50 for a couple of tortas and I don't mind giving 2.50 up to not end up with change and that place gives the tips to the kitchen workers, no wait staff.

If you want to pay retail for a beer drink it at home. I'm sure the people who wait on you would appreciate it.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

If you want to pay retail for a beer drink it at home. I'm sure the people who wait on you would appreciate it.

This part. Stay home and save yourself the trouble of playing one-man mind chess about where your $2.50 goes

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Refill in your own mug and bottle of water is $4.69. The urn is down there at the end of the counter, water is in the cooler over there.

Oooohhh sorry we don't take cash.

Ok it's just gonna ask you a couple questions...

Ah huhhh...I CAN TAKE WHOS NEXT

Edit: sorry I should clarify this very real scenario is taking place at the convenience store on my campus.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 13, 2023

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

A vacation to Thailand you say? Sounds like sex tourism to me, Starbucks is nta.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

How is moving a beer 3 feet and opening it, which irritates me immensely, worth a dollar?
It's not like I'm getting a dollar coffee and soaking up 10 refills and leaving a quarter on the way out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lmao goons

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

nesamdoom posted:

How is moving a beer 3 feet and opening it, which irritates me immensely, worth a dollar?
It's not like I'm getting a dollar coffee and soaking up 10 refills and leaving a quarter on the way out.

It's not, but it's well established that service industry in the US grossly undercompensates workers so we all chip in a little extra so they can afford to live (lol) while having to deal with lovely customers, lovely hours, lovely bosses, and lovely conditions. That (especially) includes bartenders.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 13, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
always tip cash because small and large business owners loving love dangling the electronic tips in front of their workers and taking it away for things like "didn't clean off the clock" or "my car needs new tires"

This presumes they are even tipping them out and not just keeping it entirely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

nesamdoom posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

They literally have to open it for you by law, lol.