Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Episode Three - What We Deserve

This episode starts out exactly where we left off in the previous episode. Randy is still pondering his life of vice and Norma is coming over to say hello, but she has now decided to bring some old friends along with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

This video is the finale of The Walking Dead: Michonne. This was quite an enjoyable game and I'm glad that it was a tie-in to the comic series rather than one of the TV series as it allowed the developers more scope to be creative.

I've decided that I'm going to take a break from this series. I'm really not feeling at the moment and I'd rather come back and carry on with a fresh mind. I wrote out a couple of paragraphs of how I was feeling about things but it's getting late. I'll probably go into more detail at a later date. I will return to the series at some point, most likely in the new year.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

That was a lot more survivors than I expected.

And there could have been even more, except literally everyone but one person in Norma's group just couldn't keep the crazy homicidal stuff down for a few minutes.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

A New Frontier

Episode One - Ties That Bind - Part One

It's been a while but I needed to take a break after the second season had ended. I'm glad that I did as it has meant that I could go into this season with a fresh mind. Welcome to The Walking Dead: A New Frontier, this is my first time playing through this season so it's going to be interesting to see where they take things.

I'm not sure if I'll bring back the voting, I'm planning to play through this straight like I did with Michonne. I will change my mind if anything major does pop up that effects the storyline.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Javier is in trouble but still manages to make a new friend, well, sort of.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the final part of "Ties That Bind - Part One". Javi and the gang return to the junkyard on a rescue mission, but before they do, we have a flashback scene that wraps up a story arc very bluntly.

These episodes seem shorter than in the previous seasons. Michonne's first episode started out long but the following two were considerably shorter so it's going to be interesting to see how this season progresses. I didn't have much of an opportunity to say much in this video but I did comment on the stats at the end, something that I skipped on during my test run. I made a few different choices in the test run, one of them was not sticking up for Clem in the bar so I skipped the stats at the end of that save file as they wouldn't match up with this one.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Episode One - Ties That Bind - Part Two

This episode starts off a short time after the previous episode finished. I'm not sure how long exactly as it looks like it was a couple of hours but circumstances around it make it look like days have passed.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The group may have escaped from Prescott but their troubles are far from over, if anything, they've only just begun.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the final video of this episode. We get to find out more about Clementine's adventures on the road and the group finally reaches New Richmond. This was a video with barely any time for commentary so I left a few thoughts until the end while the credits where rolling.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I've already posted about my disappointment with the first season and completely check out of the second because I don't care about any of the new characters in it and the churn they go through is so fast it's crazy. But for this season they learnt that the point of this style of game has to be the characters and really work on the bonds between them and the player. Having a new player character who is interesting and well done in their own right and also running into Clem right away was a very good move, it instantly adds some depth to the interactions and decisions and so while there's still the really quick location changes and character churn like the earlier games it just works better.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

namesake posted:

I've already posted about my disappointment with the first season and completely check out of the second because I don't care about any of the new characters in it and the churn they go through is so fast it's crazy. But for this season they learnt that the point of this style of game has to be the characters and really work on the bonds between them and the player. Having a new player character who is interesting and well done in their own right and also running into Clem right away was a very good move, it instantly adds some depth to the interactions and decisions and so while there's still the really quick location changes and character churn like the earlier games it just works better.

I can only agree with you. I'm enjoying this season and the changes that it's brought with it. The only downside is that pretty much every decision you made in the first two seasons doesn't matter, including the major heartbreaking ending of second season where you had to make a hard choice that looked like it was going to impact the third season. It's probably for the best that they went in this direction but it's a shame that they set themselves up for failure with having three completely different scenarios to continue the storyline for a potential third season. There was a lot of bad writing and bad decisions made for the second season. I'm not sure where they could have taken Kenny but he deserved a better storyline and a better ending.

So far, this game has had a healthy mix of story, character interactions, downtime and action. Javi is a likeable character and the series has had a good flow of introducing characters and adding some poignant flashbacks to set up plot lines. I was having a lot of second thoughts about returning to this series but I'm glad that I did.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Episode Three - Above The Law

This episode starts out immediately after the previous one finished. There's not a lot of room for commentary once again but I still fit a bit in between scenes. I do apologise as I'm now in day 11 of suffering from a really bad head cold, it's on it's way out but it's still affecting me in some ways especially with speech occasionally.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this video, Javi meets with the leaders of The New Frontier to find out the fate of his group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is the final part of episode three. The gang make it inside of the secure unit and find a few surprises inside, and a few outside too.