Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I think the game is turning out really bad so I'm going to put some meme references in it so when everyone realizes it's bad they will think I made the game bad on purpose.

i'll make the scary nightmare section of the game with the distant sounds of a crying baby and a laughing clown and i will include a maze of hallways that are just a texture of trollface repeated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Deki posted:

Huh. I didn't realize there was actually a game like that, I was just riffing on FNAF and the infinite knockoffs.

It literally has killer knock off furbies

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The Hello Machine posted:

One clown always knows where you are but he's slow. The other clown has no idea where you are but he's quick.

:hmmyes:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you must rescue Tupac from a wackass crystal prison

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So it's like the hedge maze from the end of the shinning and yeah that's just it. Just do the end of the shinning exactly.

Anyway if we call it "Shining: the Parody" I'm pretty sure we can get away with not getting sued by WB

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

one of those j horror girls but vanessa carlton and she's chasing you while playing her piano

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When your fear meter gets too high, your speed is reduced by 50%.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Alan Smithee posted:

one of those j horror girls but vanessa carlton and she's chasing you while playing her piano

that would rule

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Making your way round clowns
Walking fast? You sure can't with your legs bound

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

goatface posted:

Making your way round clowns
Walking fast? You sure can't with your legs bound

The VR Edition comes with real ropes

naem
May 29, 2011

foreverially clowned up and loving it

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm working on the prequel game that takes place in medieval times. It's the origin of Clownfoggio the demon. In this one, you wander through the halls of the castle and escape a demonic jester. It's a pretty fresh take on the whole thing.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
we're going to put in the lore that a bunch of kids died to sell you how scary and serious this is

naem
May 29, 2011

1. who built this victorian mansion and then filled every room with Meat Hooks
2. Meat Hooks and other farm implements next to nice furniture?
3. one area is just a slaughter house, but in a mansion?
4. why the clowns
5. aren’t these clowns 1940’s era clowns why are they mixed with people in old timey victorian clothing
6. ok that’s a like renaissance ruffed collar that def doesn’t belong
7. I don’t think they had cassette tapes in any of these past eras
8. ok so, wait, why is there an oil painting of the mansion owner holding a Meat Hook, in a family portrait?? sure yeah decent into madness and all that but he hired someone to spend 80 hours painting him holding one?
9. sepia toned vhs filers doesn’t just mean “old timey” it should be like a phonograph

these and other questions def will not be answered in Hallway Simulator, Decent into Madness©️™️

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Nominated for an award in sound design thanks to filling every room with the creepy atmospheric sound of rattling meat hook chains.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
the whole thing's a metaphor, I don't have to explain poo poo

naem
May 29, 2011

an accidentally hilarious indie horror game becomes wildly popular for how bad it is and generates beloved memes

the big budget sequel takes itself deadly serious with no humor whatsoever

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

How long should the music be before it loops? 12 seconds? Is that too long?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The evil clown is actually a SKELETON!!!!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We've themed it around the Mexican day of the dead. None of our Finn developers have ever been to Mexico but we really like the aesthetic and Jussi does the accent really well.

naem
May 29, 2011

gen alpha and gen z join millennials and gen X as the forth generation in a row for whom clowns are primarily a horror movie bad guy

vampires, werewolves, zombies, clowns = monster

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

goatface posted:

The people who owned this house were reasonably rich, so everywhere looks like the inside of Trump tower.

The dev's only reference for a typical US house is Home Alone.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Just realized I could save a ton of development time if instead of having the player click the doors to open them I just put them on a hinge and the player can use their body to push the doors open.

To make it more realistic, the doors are not double-hinged. While being chased, you must remember which way each door opens.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Man wakes up in a haunted insane asylum. He sees the faceless surgeon standing over him. He tells the surgeon, "Doc, I feel trapped. Helpless. There's no escape from this endless nightmare asylum. What should I do?"

The doctor replies, "Go find the evil clown who stalks the halls of the asylum. When he catches you, he'll kill you and end your suffering."

"But, doctor!" the man cries, "I am the evil clown!"

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

naem posted:

1. who built this victorian mansion and then filled every room with Meat Hooks
2. Meat Hooks and other farm implements next to nice furniture?
3. one area is just a slaughter house, but in a mansion?
4. why the clowns
5. aren’t these clowns 1940’s era clowns why are they mixed with people in old timey victorian clothing
6. ok that’s a like renaissance ruffed collar that def doesn’t belong
7. I don’t think they had cassette tapes in any of these past eras
8. ok so, wait, why is there an oil painting of the mansion owner holding a Meat Hook, in a family portrait?? sure yeah decent into madness and all that but he hired someone to spend 80 hours painting him holding one?
9. sepia toned vhs filers doesn’t just mean “old timey” it should be like a phonograph

these and other questions def will not be answered in Hallway Simulator, Decent into Madness©️™️

Great ideas team, but how about we also give some of the game files slightly weird filenames? That way some internet weirdos will make hours long deep lore videos and basically make up the plot of our next game for us

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The game reads your save files and the evil clown taunts you about your low gamer score/trophy count

naem
May 29, 2011

Meat Hook Mansion 3©️: return of Countess Buttcula a subsidiary of Hallway Simulator Games™️ Cinematic Universe©️™️ produced in conjunction with Big Bored Studio That Bought Us Three Years Ago and Didn’t Do Much With The Franchise

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
our 3d modeler was going through a divorce so every monster looks like a monstrous armenian woman

naem
May 29, 2011

a nostalgia pastiche of the 80’s, 90’s, and early 2000’s,

but as remembered by someone under 30 who is nostalgic for media that was celebrating the 80’s and 90’s of their own childhood which was like 7 years ago

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So I want all the seventeen characters in my game to be fully voice acted. Voice actors cost money you say? whatever I'll just do all the voices. The webcam on my computer has a mic and sure I've never acted but I was the one who wrote all the dialogue. Like just remembering your lines is like 99% of what actors do right. It'll fine.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Just use a text to speech programme. Nobody can tell the difference.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
The game will be PC exclusive and require a controller to play effectively. The second part will include a mini game where you need to remain silent by controlling your breathing by slowly pressing the triggers in sync with the on-screen indicator. But your character has bronchospasm from their traumatic smoke inhalation as a child, so the indicator will jump around alot. If you fail this game you die.

Also there's permadeath because we don't want to coddle the player.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Just use a text to speech programme. Nobody can tell the difference.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/Fg4wf8bK17w