Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i used to do stencil art a decade or so ago. i've been in the process of getting back my flickr account, and just searched for the old stencil revolution forum to find out that it's dead. i'm bummed, it would've been great to go back and talk to some of those folks - there were some really talented artists and i'm glad i got to learn from them.

other than a yosmas gift, i haven't made any stencils in a very long time. that one didn't turn out that well, 'cause it was stippled with a brush instead of sprayed, the transparencies i bought were incredibly thick and difficult to work with, and also i was many years out of practice

i was gonna post about it, but it occurred to me that we already have photography and music threads; i thought it would be nice to have a catch-all fine art thread. if you draw or write or sculpt or whatever, it's fair game. also talk about cool pictures and stuff that you didn't make, it's not illegal, :justpost:

to start us off, i will include the rad drawing that truman peyote did of poodle jones when i ordered his comic book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hell yeah. not sure how fine the art is, but i've been working on a new comic recently. i do like this panel a lot.

this one will be more violent than joey the rat was.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

for someone more talented, here is jamie hernandez for your viewing pleasure

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

fine arts more like .... hmmm. there are a lot of different ways i can take this joke. not sure the best approach. give me a few minutes.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

here's the yosmas thing, as you can see it's pretty rough

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Was hanging out on discord with some friends tonight and one guy's kid comes in and tells dad before bed "hey i need valentine's day cards". It's like 8:30 pm. Turns out that two weeks ago i pulled a bunch of linocuts out the closet and made 22 random rear end valentine's day cards. And the kids class has 22 kids in it. Serendipity.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Edit is not quote.

I guess to finish the story, I just handed off the cards to the dad so kid's day is saved.

poemdexter fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 14, 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m somewhat creative but it’s certainly not fine or good.

if fine dining exists and that’s one thing and then other people smear poo poo on the wall of the toilet of the same restaurant .: that’s what I do

here are some of my most enduring works. apologies in advance that they weren’t made with chalk or stones or some bullshit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

poemdexter posted:

Edit is not quote.

I guess to finish the story, I just handed off the cards to the dad so kid's day is saved.

what a gc

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Hey remember that one YOSMAS where I made this pic and had it printed on a shirt for the OP?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Doc Block posted:

Hey remember that one YOSMAS where I made this pic and had it printed on a shirt for the OP?

i remember that yosmas, i was the recipient and it _fuckin owned_

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Good times