Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Saoshyant posted:

:wrong:

It's The Peacemaker! It's based on a book, it's 6 on IMDB and it's C+ on Entertainment Weekly! It's also the sort of thing a young teen would need some explanation on the politics and whatnot.

I got it and don't you dare say I didn't! I even had to use the web archive for heaven's sake

well it has yet to be confirmed, but I remember this movie. in my memory it deserves better than a C+, we're talking B- quality here folks.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

this is not the actual climax of the movie, but spoiler alert it is a pretty climactic moment, one which I remembered pretty darn accurately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecVEAGoQ4A

BoldFrankensteinMir

my cat is norris posted:

do i just post to bid

Fifty on Superman

Sorry friend but those first auctions are now closed! I'll mark them more closely.

Here are the current three lots up for bid

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

Saoshyant posted:

:wrong:

It's The Peacemaker! It's based on a book, it's 6 on IMDB and it's C+ on Entertainment Weekly! It's also the sort of thing a young teen would need some explanation on the politics and whatnot.

I got it and don't you dare say I didn't! I even had to use the web archive for heaven's sake

Congratulations Saoshyant you guessed it! The answer was 1997's The Peacemaker!

I thought I was being clever referencing a wayback-only article and a book that was not at all well-known, good show.

I will now donate 50 dollars to the Movie Nite awards in Saoshyant's name, thanks for playing! And remember, there's still two lots left up for bid!

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

And yes, my Papa took me to see this movie and I was soooo excited. But you know who was probably more excited? Spielberg Katzenberg and Geffen, that's right the founders of Dreamworks for whom The Peacemaker was, surprisingly, their first feature release. So you think I was disappointed in this utterly forgettable cold war relic, imagine how they felt!

But it was also a really good experience, my Papa explained things like nuclear deterrence and the post-WWII political world all the way home in the car. I understood barely any of it, but it was a revelation that that's what 'grownup' movies are about, George Clooney does not play a wasteland warlord trying to hunt down and nuke Nicole Kidman's tribe of mutants like I expected. I remember a lot of tech jargon and some running from machine gun fire and maybe a hollow, emotionless kiss at some point? Oh the 90's.

Sig by Heather Papps

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hell yeah! Take that you orbs who did way better than I did at Taskmaster! I'm Nancy bloody Drew!

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

Oh heck my bad well 30 on Howdy Doody then that poo poo sounds rad

BoldFrankensteinMir

my cat is norris posted:

Oh heck my bad well 30 on Howdy Doody then that poo poo sounds rad

Thirty big dollars for the moldy old puppet that terrifies me, yeeeha!

All our items have now been bid upon! But thankfully, nobody has bid enough yet to make me watch any of these horrible things with you. Fine by me! We can all just sit here for a week now, lah dee dah...

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

I can't bring myself to bid on Howdy Doody, but I will bid 35 on the space movies!

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Manifisto posted:

I can't bring myself to bid on Howdy Doody, but I will bid 35 on the space movies!

ThiiiiirrrrrrrtyfiiiiiiveIgotthirtyfivedollarsbidforthesecrazyoldDVDsdoIhearFORTY!?!?!

Sig by Heather Papps

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

it'll look nice next to my copy of mac and me

but it could look even nicer next to YOUR copy of mac and me if you outbid me

BoldFrankensteinMir

Only a few hours left in the auction, friendos! And I'm making a last-minute adjustment to heat things up:

The threshold for both remaining auctions to include your own on-demand movie nite has been lowered from 50 to 40 dollars. That means the next bid on either the anime or the Howdy Doody could include a custom event at the time of your choosing!

Sig by Heather Papps

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
40 on the anime dvds :getin:

Saoshyant

Leraika posted:

:woop:

Prof. Crocodile

God help me for saying this but I will pay $40 for Howdy Doody.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Leraika posted:

Prof. Crocodile posted:

God help me for saying this but I will pay $40 for Howdy Doody.

Gooooodhelpusalltheydidittheyactuallydiditwe'reallgonnadiewatchinadamnpupppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt!!!!

Thanks as always to our bidders, good luck, just six hours left and these fabulous prizes will be yours!

Edit- six hours, not five!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 7, 2023

Sig by Heather Papps

Leraika

and if the anime videos should get taken down, I've got a great suggestion for what we could watch instead

BoldFrankensteinMir

Leraika posted:

and if the anime videos should get taken down, I've got a great suggestion for what we could watch instead

Wisely played, it's a 100% Leraika-made movie nite if that happens. If they both get mysteriously struck from Youtube at the last minute...

Auctions, right? Wild!

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

The auctions have closed! Congratulations to the winners!

Raiders of Galaxy and Defenders of Space go to Leraika for 40 dollars US!

And the Howdy Doody Music Appreciation Special goes to Professor Crocodile for 40 dollars US!

Both our winners will get to pick their own custom time for a Coupons & Deals Movie Nite special, watching their respective terrible, terrible films. In the next week please contact me about how to pay for your items and where to ship them, and thank you again for supporting the movie nite awards!

That's the last of our auctions but please watch this space as we confirm the last details, as well as for a few more special announcements about the upcoming movie awards!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 8, 2023

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

As promised, a second Flintstones book thread has begun!

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

All auctions have been shipped, and all but one auction has now been confirmed as received, once I have the final confirmation we can officially rule the 2023 auction house a success!

In the meantime here's a sneak-peek behind the scenes at the Coupons & Deals Movie Nite Awards that YOU all help make happen! Thank you so much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uheu3svFkzM

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

And just like, that the last auction is confirmed! Professor Crocodile feel free to pick your viewing date for the Howdy Doody Music Appreciation Special any time you like over at Coupons & Deals Movie Nite, enjoy your haunted antique optical discs!

Thank you all so much for participating in the 2023 BYOB auction house, it is my sincere hope that the 'yob can do this sort of thing again for other causes some day as it has been a real treat, and the generosity of our fellows has warmed my heart. More soon!

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

no gum

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Really!? Well, I'm kinda glad you didn't die of ancient taxedermy juice and rainwater poisoning but I am sorry it wasn't as advertised.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Really!? Well, I'm kinda glad you didn't die of ancient taxedermy juice and rainwater poisoning but I am sorry it wasn't as advertised.

i am not even mad, i don't have to endure some sort of sickness.

gotta find a dvd player.

Saoshyant

Did the gum melt inside the sealed DVD case??

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Heather Papps

hello friend

Saoshyant posted:

Did the gum melt inside the sealed DVD case??

the case tried to say that somehow a bunch of games was the same as candy i was supposed to eat.

i am pissed

Leraika

I'm also mad, I got a package of two bad anime dvds and inside was two bad anime dvds

BoldFrankensteinMir

HP I will make this right, find an appropriate replacement gum and I will order it for you.

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

I am legitimately afraid to open the Howdy Doody disk. I ain't trying to get The Ring'ed by a ginger cowboy puppet.