Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Hey guys, new to this subforum. My parents died during the epidemic and left me the temporary caretaker of 2 houses. I had a tumor removed from my spinal cord (Schwannoma at T-12) in 2020/2021 and it left me with a weakened right leg/hip. My mom's living room and basement flooded for a week after Christmas while me and my wife were away. I already paid a company to demolition the ceiling and drywall (no insulation in the walls to remove, no wonder it was so cold growing up), but they made me sign a waiver saying they couldn't save the house from water remediation due to the furnace not working properly. The workmen on site said the whole floor in my living room still needs to be demo'd and I'm trying to do my best but I'm not as physically strong as I used to be. I got a few boards up where stuff is buckling. Any tips for ripping up floorboards, or just what I should do in this situation? I don't want a mold situation but I'm hesitant to sink tens of thousands into a new furnace if the company itself gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Like I fully expect you guys to think this is a parody post but I just spent over $100 at Lowe's on a huge prybar, crowbar, a pry hammer, demo gloves, an edge trimmer, and a few gallons of bleach that I wanna dilute with water and douse the subfloor with after I've ripped up the floorboards to prevent this house from becoming a mushroom castle from Mario Brothers. That's what the workmen advised me to do.

Only registered members can see post attachments!