Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

berryjon posted:

What about the Lobsters, huh? Don't they get their just rewards too? ;)

yes, with plenty of butter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Black Robe posted:

yes, with plenty of butter

Well, they'll get theirs if they get in my way, too :honked:

Anyway, continuing onwards...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpnqUx_0JlM

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Why not?

That pirate had a family is why not :(

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Slaan posted:

Why not?

That pirate had a family is why not :(

But did he, though? He didn't even have the "crewmate" trait

Besides, he was the quartermaster. I'm just bringing the power to the people and fighting THE MAN, man.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I kind of chuckled at you when you blocked in the X square at about 17:30, since that meant that only one specific room tile would give you access. But it didn't turn out to bite you since that tile showed up before a vertical hallway did, so eh.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I kind of chuckled at you when you blocked in the X square at about 17:30, since that meant that only one specific room tile would give you access. But it didn't turn out to bite you since that tile showed up before a vertical hallway did, so eh.

I was waiting for it to show up once I started boxing it in like that, but it didn't so I didn't look TOO stupid.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Last entry into the Pirate's Cove area! Nothing too spectacular to write home about here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFmDQjNyXM

We're into (presumably) the last section of the game after this. I expect things to get much more difficult, so probably stupid deaths coming up soon!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Wow, its been a while. Had to go on hiatus for a few weeks, but I think I'm back and will finish this thing off!

...We don't exactly get off to the greatest start, though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2dgmPq-eY

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Professor Duck posted:

Wow, its been a while. Had to go on hiatus for a few weeks, but I think I'm back and will finish this thing off!

...We don't exactly get off to the greatest start, though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef2dgmPq-eY

The Blind Worm card barked because it had a seeing-eye dog. It's in the monster portrait during the battle. It made me laugh.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Good to see you back!

Although your dungeoneers might not think so...

This is where your lack of diversity earlier is going to bite you, I think. You've only focused on two or three classes, and when they don't have the right tools for an area, they get killed and you're left with newbies who will also probably get killed. Ideally by now you'd have a wider assortment of experienced dungeoneers with decent traits and useful battle scars, and expanded equipment too.

It's still perfectly winnable, it'll just be harder.

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Never fails--in the middle of a solo LP, I have something go catastrophically wrong as to grind things to a halt. I think that's happened in every solo LP I've done (both NCAA runs met with tech issues, and my recordings during Tunic would just randomly freeze, although I got that one under control). This time, my recording computer just blew out...not really sure, but it's dead now.

Luckily, I think I have a cloud save from Steam as a backup, so I should be able to get things rolling again soon, once I have things set up and ready to go. There are also some other big changes that are preventing me from recording at the moment, but I'm hoping I can get back on things next week and finish this adventure! Sorry for the lack of updates since then--hope you'll come back and join me once I have everything sorted!

EDIT: gently caress, they're not up to date....unless I have something saved on the HDD from the dead computer, this might be the end here, but I've been having issues accessing that, too.

Professor Duck fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 7, 2023

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

And so the LP curse claims another victim :(

Hope you can get things sorted out, for your sake as well as ours.

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Professor Duck posted:

Never fails--in the middle of a solo LP, I have something go catastrophically wrong as to grind things to a halt. I think that's happened in every solo LP I've done (both NCAA runs met with tech issues, and my recordings during Tunic would just randomly freeze, although I got that one under control). This time, my recording computer just blew out...not really sure, but it's dead now.

Luckily, I think I have a cloud save from Steam as a backup, so I should be able to get things rolling again soon, once I have things set up and ready to go. There are also some other big changes that are preventing me from recording at the moment, but I'm hoping I can get back on things next week and finish this adventure! Sorry for the lack of updates since then--hope you'll come back and join me once I have everything sorted!

EDIT: gently caress, they're not up to date....unless I have something saved on the HDD from the dead computer, this might be the end here, but I've been having issues accessing that, too.

Ouch. Hope you can get your data back!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

IT'S THE RETURN NO ONE ASKED FOR!

After a LONG hiatus for personal, professional, and dead HDD reasons (with OLD backups), I am back to finish this!

The only thing is that we're now in an alternate reality. After my last computer died, I had a cloud backup that was pretty old...back to the end of the first area old. So I took the time to play through everything again. I picked up all of the same guild expansions, and (tried to) place them where they were before. Some characters have changed, but the premise and end goal are all the same, and barring any major catastrophes, should actually happen. I was hoping to get back sooner (as I did miss doing all this), but it wasn't...

...in the cards

Anyway, next episode here, or go back to the first post to refresh yourself on what's this game is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDxwdnlJos

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Good to see you back!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Good to see this reappear, appreciate the effort!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Black Robe posted:

Good to see you back!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Good to see this reappear, appreciate the effort!

Thanks! It's good to be back in a place where I can pick this up again, finish it off, and get into something new!

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

In the next installment of this trek through Guild of Dungeoneering, we burn water elementals to death!

Don't think about it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B64wS2WbdzM

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

So now that "It's December and I'm a music teacher/musician" hell is just about over, I can get back to recording again! The plan is to do a session daily and wrap this thing up before I take a vacation over Christmas and New Year's. Partly because I don't want to leave the series another week+ without updates, but also I want to think about what to do next.

Anyway, here's the next installment!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx_M3gcbsw8

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

...and the next! Looks like there might be just one more after this, but we shall see!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY2ifgw_ZLQ

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

The penultimate episode! Kinda figured there'd be one more after this one, and it should prove to be interesting!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTAot-JCyOA

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I haven't had much to say but I'm glad you were able to pick this back up and are finishing it. It's a cute little game and it's fun to watch you play through it. I might pick it up myself as brain-candy when I feel the need to zone out and relax with a game that doesn't require too much deep investment.

Thanks for showing it off!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I haven't had much to say but I'm glad you were able to pick this back up and are finishing it. It's a cute little game and it's fun to watch you play through it. I might pick it up myself as brain-candy when I feel the need to zone out and relax with a game that doesn't require too much deep investment.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Duck
Sep 28, 2018

Curling Injury

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Thanks--I was happy to do it, and happy to come back to it after the long hiatus with having a computer die on me, not having a backup, moving several states away and getting set up in a new place long enough to pick back up where I was! Glad it was enjoyable!

...but here's the last piece, the big finale!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMJ3qvZUWVY

Overall this was a fun game. I enjoy the mechanics that are at play (the "not-controlling-where-your-character-goes" idea was a nice touch), and It's a pretty good time with some light strategy. It's definitely worth a playthough on your own, if for no other reason to get into the other characters available (since I just rode the Articifer for about 1/3 of the playthrough).

Enjoy your holidays, everyone, and I'll see you again with...well, I don't right know yet! Something new, though, as we're done here!