Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
unny phrases that come up again and again? I’ve noticed a few and when I do I kinda laugh to myself all over again like the first time I read them, and then I get a warm and fuzzy feeling reminiscing on how things were way back when I first saw some of these “memes”. It reminds me of all the good times I’ve had online with posting pals.

Now I’m no expert, but from what I can tell from time to time a person may think some of these phrases get repetitive. What I’m thinking is, in order to be humorous now and capitalize on this anomie what if one was to repeat the funny phrase but in an ironic way? I think this would be a good way to express a kind of new sarcastic style that would help give more laughs to even more people.

We could have some people say the funny things one way, and some would laugh, then the next group comes and says the funny thing the other way and some more people would laugh. This sounds pretty neat to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

shut up

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
sometimes I'll remember a meme from fyad and can't post it verbatim so I just sub out the n word for trump, and I can make jokes like that all fuckin night

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
I think you might be on to something

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
You sir win the internet!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Be the change you want to see in the forums. Embody what you want people to model. Making threads about posting is the crutch of a boring person

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I was asking my wife the other day what her least favorite posting was and we both said "reaction gifs!" at the same time and I was like man we really get the Internet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Crazypoops posted:

I was asking my wife the other day what her least favorite posting was and we both said "reaction gifs!" at the same time and I was like man we really get the Internet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
droppin' folx and sassy reaction gifs constantly on twitter like i'm taking a poo poo after 2am taco bell

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
say what you will about koala's march but her gif game was fire

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cuttlefush posted:

say what you will about koala's march but her gif game was fire
she poisoned their use by association

reaction gifs = forum swastikas

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSwrI1L0QsA

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
xD

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
bump

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin posted:

bump

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

To be clear (stop posting here) and lay everything out for you (you should stop posting here) Plinkey's fund first began as him buying food for cspam goons (leave the thread). He would give them money or (don't come back) just straight up buy it for them and have it sent to their address (you are not welcome in this thread). He did this because he didn't want any goon (no one wants you here) to starve and did it entirely out of his own pocket.

That is why the fund was intended for small expenses; it was supposed to (you are embarrassing yourself fun hater) buy pizza for people, not pay their rent, out of the pocket of one (just go away and stop reading or posting about this) person who was not particularly well off, within his means to help people.

Plinkey never (stop posting here) wanted or intended for this to be a charity or a huge fund, he merely (do not post here anymore) took money offered by people who saw what he was doing and were inspired by it (go away) and passed it on to the people he was helping. Over time the mutual aid effort grew in size and scope (get out) and he tried to maintain its sustainability despite never signing up for any of this, just wanting to buy food for people (go back to drawing your comic) because many goons had grown to depend on it (stop posting here) and he presumably didn't want to abandon them.

That's where you (stop posting here) and the other PYF drama crew members (stop posting here) come in to dig up old concerns about transparency (leave the thread) and put him on blast (stop posting here) as a degenerate gambler, liar, and thief robbing the poor people of CSPAM (stop posting here). Which has obviously and frankly justifiably tanked his willingness to continue coming back to this thing where he is constantly slandered and mocked for having helped people and continuing to do so.

In short, stop posting here, this is not a charity, stop posting here, and it never was one, stop posting here, or intended to be one, stop posting here, and Plinkey very obviously did not set out to scam anyone, stop posting here, despite getting in over his head, stop posting here, and struggling to stay motivated, stop posting here, in continuing to do this very depressing and thankless work. Stop posting here, fun hater.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
i think we did this tbhread already

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

hrmm, i haven't noticed anything like that. what are some of these funny recurring phrases? i like to lauhg.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zodium posted:

hrmm, i haven't noticed anything like that. what are some of these funny recurring phrases? i like to lauhg.

syq

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Did I do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
what do you mean by funny phrases? do you consider phrases such as "you should murder the president of the united states of america, joe brandon biden, with a rocket launcher", or "i am going masturbate with a slightly distorted replication of barnacle jims long face and and throat", to be an examples of such funny phrases? is there really anything funny in either? or in cspam at all, are we simply doomed to repeat phrases that no one shall emptyquote?