Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Sitting in a bus station office at 4 a.m. waiting to ride to the airport to go see my parents. Slept about 5 hours, poorly. There is one other passenger here, a young man curled up fetuswise on a faux leather, wood frame excuse for a couch and covered with a hoodie. It smells like exhaust in spite of the fact that no busses are currently running their engines. This baffling meme is taped to an object on top of a filing cabinet

I am very hungry but I was too tired to prepare any food because I elected to sleep instead. My eyes are very blurry and my right one hurts every time I blink it due to a congenital disorder that causes my cornea's top layer of cells to be weak and pull apart while I sleep sometimes. Someone in another room is watching TV but it is otherwise deadly silent. Bus should be departing in 15 minutes so I'm going to see if I can get on yet

Edit: I am on the bus. I have realized the mystery object is a tablet and now the meme makes sense

Heath has a new favorite as of 11:27 on Apr 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Heath posted:

Sitting in a bus station office at 4 a.m. waiting to ride to the airport to go see my parents. Slept about 5 hours, poorly. There is one other passenger here, a young man curled up fetuswise on a faux leather, wood frame excuse for a couch and covered with a hoodie. It smells like exhaust in spite of the fact that no busses are currently running their engines. This baffling meme is taped to an object on top of a filing cabinet

I am very hungry but I was too tired to prepare any food because I elected to sleep instead. My eyes are very blurry and my right one hurts every time I blink it due to a congenital disorder that causes my cornea's top layer of cells to be weak and pull apart while I sleep sometimes. Someone in another room is watching TV but it is otherwise deadly silent. Bus should be departing in 15 minutes so I'm going to see if I can get on yet

why does this feel like the opening to Disco Elysium 2?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

probably because the creative team behind 1 was forced out

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The bus is about a third of the way to the airport. It's just past 5 and the gibbous moon is settling over the western horizon. The bus is rattling like a corrugated metal toolshed in a Midwestern storm and is making me motion sick so I've had to put away the game I was playing to drown out the noise (Phantasy Star IV.) The squeaking of the bus' fixtures combined with the blowing wind and the precious darkness are creating that unique insulating feeling of being on a lovely, sparsely populated shuttle at 5 a.m. Trying to rest my head against the window to sleep only results in my teeth clacking together in an exaggerated shiver and also just makes my forehead cold

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There are seven of us and there is very little light save for what's generated by street lamps and oncoming traffic headlights. No one is even on their phone, save one rear end in a top hat (me.) I am uncomfortably shifting between facings as the bus interior is far too warm but the window side is drafty. I am trying to mentally and physically prepare myself for the inevitable migraine I will develop when the plane lands in 5 hours or so. I don't fly often because of it and I am hoping my medication doesn't get lost or confiscated or something.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We've just come up over what was formerly the horizon where the eastern darkness was first displaced by an encroaching indigo of a future sunrise followed by the unnatural glow of a wavy rainbow band of LED light poles that gradually shifted color. This could charitably be called an art installation, but in reality it is intended to draw attention to the LED billboards interspersed with the poles. Every so often one or two of the poles have sustained damage and no longer change color, or else display several at once at intervals along their length. The thought crosses my mind that if American settlers had come up over the hill and seen such a thing that they certainly would have thought it one of God's miracles; meanwhile, I can't help but think it's kind of gaudy. We are pulling up to the terminal.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Yaluza 3 hosed me up so of course I had to start 4.

Just started part 2, this poo poo is a ride.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Did you know that when you quit smoking, you can develop a cough that is ironically worse than your smoker's cough? It's from your lungs having the ability to clear all the crap out that they couldn't when you smoked. I'm glad I quit, but I wish someone had warned me about it

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Did you know that when you quit smoking, you can develop a cough that is ironically worse than your smoker's cough? It's from your lungs having the ability to clear all the crap out that they couldn't when you smoked. I'm glad I quit, but I wish someone had warned me about it

Oh yeah and you cough up some grody stuff too

(Congrats)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

My dad was basically forced to quit when he was stuck in the hospital for a week and a half recovering from hernia surgery. He’s glad he got to quit but he definitely mentioned that the crud that he kept coughing up on top of the usual post surgery awfulness was a horrible combo.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I don’t remember anything terrible coming up after I quit smoking, but that was about when our kid was born (not a coincidence) so I really don’t remember much about that time except books about caterpillars and huge amounts of sleep dep.

Congrats to you for quitting! It sucks, but it eventually gets good.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

skeleton warrior posted:

I don’t remember anything terrible coming up after I quit smoking, but that was about when our kid was born (not a coincidence) so I really don’t remember much about that time except books about caterpillars and huge amounts of sleep dep.

Congrats to you for quitting! It sucks, but it eventually gets good.

You probably subsumed the memory into the eric carle books it looked kinda like that

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Grassy Knowles posted:

You probably subsumed the memory into the eric carle books it looked kinda like that

Oof. Can confirm.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

Oof. Can confirm.
LOl
On a similar tangent, kindergarten is on spring break, and we played an unholy amount of Lego and princess dress up around here today.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i smoked for three years or so and all I have to show for it is that i start to cough pretty bad when i laugh really hard

it sucks and it hurts. don't smoke.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I’m taking my first real family vacation in a while to the beach and I might have spent too much time in the sun and I might now be a messy burrito of sheets and aloe but I’m having fun

Haven’t eaten enough seafood yet but I’m working on it

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Thank you guys for the lovely sentiments. I actually quit cigarettes cold turkey in November because it was too cold to go outside, and it was almost shamefully easy. Quitting weed, on the other hand, was a struggle and I had to taper for a few months. I'll probably smoke/vape again (4/20 baby, I'm gonna get so high), but not daily like I used to

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haven’t been doing much because we’ve been dealing with a major water leak in the kitchen.

FML.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
In thirty minutes I'm going to my weekly neurofeedback therapy session. They put electrodes on my head and I watch a YouTube video that I can sort of make do things with just my brain. Like, it grows and shrinks and gets light or dark or louder or quieter based on brain things. I can make the screen go brighter pretty easily, but the other stuff feels mostly random. It's kind of neat. I don't think it's helping my depression/anxiety/etc. though.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 11:20 on Apr 7, 2023

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i smoked for 11 or 12 years but i never coughed anything up gross when i quit. then again i spent like 6 months cutting back to one per day and then another six months failing to cut the final cigarette, maybe that slow process had something to do with it. at any rate congrats on quitting, it's so bad for your health.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

lobster shirt posted:

i smoked for 11 or 12 years but i never coughed anything up gross when i quit. then again i spent like 6 months cutting back to one per day and then another six months failing to cut the final cigarette, maybe that slow process had something to do with it. at any rate congrats on quitting, it's so bad for your health.

The Kitsuragi method

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I've been playing with fire by smoking 2 cigarettes in a day once a month. they taste really nice on a stressful day.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I went from 1.5-2 pack a day to vaping like 7yrs ago.

It'll still kill me with some new poo poo but I felt and still feel a million times better.

Also wife upgraded her snake tank so just spent the day buying entirely too much poo poo to turn the old one into a fish tank. Planning on a planted tank with a school of Cory cats and a betta.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I never really liked smoking but if you put a cigar and a whiskey in my hands who am I to say no?

I'd prefer to burn a joint but one of my best friends has a genuine, documented cannabis allergy so I tend to not be always holding these days.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

Trying to ditch vaping after ~10years with nicotine spray + inhaler. so far so good but breaking that hand-to-mouth habit is gonna be a bitch

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

skeleton warrior posted:

I’m taking my first real family vacation in a while to the beach and I might have spent too much time in the sun and I might now be a messy burrito of sheets and aloe but I’m having fun

Haven’t eaten enough seafood yet but I’m working on it

Follow up: I am now at the existential phase of a sunburn where every morning I pull off a layer of what used to be me

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
One time, when I was super little, my mom's whole back was sunburnt, and she told me to peel some of her skin off or something. So I grabbed some of her dead, flaking skin with both hands and pulled down like I was pulling down the blinds in front of a window. Her dead skin peeled away like a banana peel but then it connected with skin that wasn't dead and she let out this horrible howl because at a certain point I was just flaying her

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I feel like there's a whole Cronenberg movie to be had in that anecdote

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

chorfs

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This just came up on SAD, and will be a cross post in several threads of pyf. If you have items that are on imgur you want to keep, now would be a good time.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1648883351233896448

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mods please ban this spammer

(ty for your service rhino)

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Happy 420 everyone! Who's getting toasted today? There was a good truck at a smoke shop by my house, so I got fried dough before I get fried

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Happy 420 everyone! Who's getting toasted today? There was a good truck at a smoke shop by my house, so I got fried dough before I get fried

Great job!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no, i don't celebrate his birthday, i find it's in rather poor taste

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the genuine 420 megathread

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Mary Jane uses she/her pronouns

I once spent 4/20 in jail. Guess what they do on 4/20? They lock the loving jail down because it's the most probable day the whites will riot / assault someone / cause a race conflict. Enjoy 4/20 sitting in a cell with nothing to do but listen to your cellmate fart and have an occasional guard walk by and tell you he'll find you a book to read when he gets around to it (he won't)

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Been a rough week- lots of family issues including the sudden death of a distant (but beloved) uncle and my wife’s family making some hard decisions around how to help my father-in-law deal with issues he doesn’t really want to deal with. Had plans for maybe doing important stuff today but a big thunderstorm rolled in and so I’m lying on the couch, windows open across the house, listening to the rain and the rumbling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I saw Suzume today, it was good