Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

wait like you can turn on and off the detents? how the hell does that work

it's probably the best feature Logitech has

not all of their mice have it, and basically no other manufacturers have anything like it, except I think maybe razer (lol).

put that in free spin and just cruise through the shitposts :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
at least on the OG mx master, the scroll wheel ratchet thing is a little clicky wheel that literally moves into place when you hit the button, you can feel it clunk when it moves. iirc it's attached to a little arm but it's been a few years since i poked around inside

idk how it works when you're just scrolling but i'm guessing past a certain torque they have it move out of place for free spin

the newer models might have some kind of piezo idk

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

they should make magnetic scroll wheels, so you can change the clickiness/strength/etc to your taste

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

in a well actually posted:

love to hit logi button to disengage the pawl for v long window buffers

high speed low drag scrolling

honestly the best one on the g502 yep. helps me deal with a lot of users in here.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i miss the mx revolution's programmable solenoid for changing between clicky and free-spin. you could bind it to a button, have it change based on app in focus, have it switch modes during spin based on rpm, etc... very nice. the g502 button is very enjoyable to click on and off, but its not as cool imo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

polyester concept posted:

my mouse has the clicky wheel for casual scrolling but if you scroll it fast, it auto-disables thru some kind of centrifugal clutch mechanism and lets you freewheel at high speed for professional scrolling

edit: it also has the disable button, and it feels like a soft touch button. i wonder if the whole thing is magnetic.
https://blog.bolt.io/logitech-mx-master-3-vs-2s/

quote:

To rapidly switch between detent mode and free mode in the wheel, the Logitech team engineered a fascinating little circuit that energizes a coil to do the work that was previously done by a large motor, cam, springs, swing-arm, and ball detent.

A quick 25V spike energizes the magnet, which sits still within the internal cavity of the wheel, causing it to pull on the little teeth as they pass, giving the user the illusion of a mechanical detent. Applying 25V in the opposite polarity de-energizes the magnet. The coil is unpowered except during polarity switches and the magnet retains its polarization, so the state remains even when power is shut off.

and weirdly enough I just saw an article recently describing how the whole thing works, but not that one

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shaggar posted:

i miss the mx revolution's programmable solenoid for changing between clicky and free-spin. you could bind it to a button, have it change based on app in focus, have it switch modes during spin based on rpm, etc... very nice. the g502 button is very enjoyable to click on and off, but its not as cool imo

i'd rather click the button than janitor a mouse

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wheel feel doesn’t roll off the tongue in the same way as knob
feel

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

sh/sc is thataway, i guess

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Chris Knight posted:

https://blog.bolt.io/logitech-mx-master-3-vs-2s/

and weirdly enough I just saw an article recently describing how the whole thing works, but not that one

cool

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

rotor posted:

you may not like it but this is what peak mousing performance looks like

is the ruler to measure your micropenis on

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

its way better, but probably adds cost so they discontinued it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Shame Boy posted:

no, that part slides in and out to make the mouse longer or shorter

idk why they made it all gamerstyle, they shoulda marketed it to broken hands people, its super ergo friendly

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i mean no, YOU have a micropenis!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shame Boy posted:

PM me your amazon wishlist link and you can find out

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

in a well actually posted:

high speed low drag scrolling

perfect for scrolling past your posts

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
opa gamerstyle

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I got a g502 on sale when it was cheaper than a new performance whatever and was like "lol adjustable weights whatever" but they're actually good.

shame I don't play many FPS games anymore so I'm poo poo anyway

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

rotor posted:

Hmm.🤔
Are you a fan of Aphex Twin?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

sh/sc is thataway, i guess

did you just tell me to go gently caress myself?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

rotor posted:

I had this mouse back in the day and it's such a lovable piece of garbage

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

w00tmonger posted:

I had this mouse back in the day and it's such a lovable piece of garbage

its just a mouse but it is SUPER comfy for me, most comfy mouse ever

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I had a RAT years ago and I really liked the ergo but the hardware itself seemed pretty flimsy and it stopped working within a year :(

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Plus when people walk into my office cube open desk work area and they see my mx blues, my giant mouse pad and my tricked out gaming mouse they know this is someone they need to take seriously

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ADINSX posted:

I had a RAT years ago and I really liked the ergo but the hardware itself seemed pretty flimsy and it stopped working within a year :(

the wired one i had was a tank but the rubber overmolding started rotting away after idk how many years

the wireless one is still goin but the battery holder will absolutely snap off pretty soon

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I may have had a defective one it never quite worked right and I remember the optical lens looked a little weird, like it had an air bubble in it or something. I need a new work mouse I might give them another try

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

rotor posted:

the wired one i had was a tank but the rubber overmolding started rotting away after idk how many years

the wireless one is still goin but the battery holder will absolutely snap off pretty soon

I'd still be using my Performance MX if the rubber coating hadn't gotten all funky. A while back Aliexpress had some replacement shells, and I missed the window to order one and have regretted it ever since.

TerminalRaptor fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 3, 2024

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

rotor posted:

this looks like professor x’s hover chair

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Last Chance posted:

this looks like professor x’s hover chair

the pinky shelf is what makes it for me

i love the horizontal scrollwheel but it just doesnt come in handy ever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
probably good if you're looking at pictures of my mom tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

Eeyo posted:

they should make magnetic scroll wheels, so you can change the clickiness/strength/etc to your taste

unsure if :thejoke: but their latest mx master/anywhere have that and it feels so cool
i have mine set at 10% strength, and it autoswitches to 0% if i start scrolling fast enough :getin: