Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Charles Bukowski posted:

Official late submission cuz I didn't see any posts

I get zero points and I DID NOT ENJOY THIS BLECH I need booze

wow this is dedication, thank u for your service :patriot:

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Now you guess I could just cut out pieces of each, but based on what I've submitted previously, you know I did in fact sink my jaws deeply into those edible objects. Especially the onion. I went back for more, for the shot.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014475&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post526875343
https://vocaroo.com/1dHB6SoHcH1Y

I don't know if is exactly a "dramatic reading", but it just felt right to sign off my last BYOB Taskmaster 2023 task with an out and proud, chaw in lip, boots on dirt, marlboro in mouth American post :clint:

Charles Bukowski posted:

Now you guess I could just cut out pieces of each, but based on what I've submitted previously, you know I did in fact sink my jaws deeply into those edible objects. Especially the onion. I went back for more, for the shot.

there isn't a doubt in my mind that that was real, unfortunately. o7

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 26, 2023

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I don't like the way part of my submission came out actually, brief sec for emergency re-recording :)

e: there, better.

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 26, 2023

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Charles Bukowski posted:

Your valiant sacrifice will be remembered by all Taskmasters

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Saoshyant posted:

Your valiant sacrifice will be remembered by all Taskmasters

though the onion and banana peel bedeviled Charles Bukowski so, his zesty attitude prevailed

Charles Bukowski

Official Submission

Okay im pretty high rn because so, but it was the first thing I found that made me chuckle from 2017.

https://voca.ro/1km2w43dJFyP

Peace in the middle east, I love you byob. Thank you for letting me be able to channel my energy into these tasks, I wish this was my job and we just did this.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Official Submission

Okay im pretty high rn because so, but it was the first thing I found that made me chuckle from 2017.

Peace in the middle east, I love you byob. Thank you for letting me be able to channel my energy into these tasks, I wish this was my job and we just did this.

:hfive: now THATs dramatic reading

Manifisto

. . . . aaaand submissions are CLOSED for Task 13, and for BYOB Taskmaster 2013!! thank you to everyone who has participated or even just hung out to enjoy the competition!

scores will be issues shortly, then the final scores tallied up and the first, second, and third place winners of Taskmaster 2013 will be crowned!

ty nesamdoom!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
:suspense:

Manifisto

SCORES FOR TASK 13

Snuff Melange posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014475&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post526875343
https://vocaroo.com/1dHB6SoHcH1Y

I don't know if is exactly a "dramatic reading", but it just felt right to sign off my last BYOB Taskmaster 2023 task with an out and proud, chaw in lip, boots on dirt, marlboro in mouth American post :clint:

ooh a post from a still-active thread! your reading was 100% spot on accurate to the source material, complete with I don't know exactly what background music but it sounds like something a good ol' boy would appreciate. good post, good reading, five points!

Charles Bukowski posted:

joke_explainer posted some pretty dang good posts, and that's one of them! I appreciate effortposts like this one in the service of even the slightest of jokes, the fun thing is the journey not the destination. your reading definitely put the "dramatic" into "dramatic reading" . . . but even so it wasn't gratuitous; your tone echoed the overblown language of the post. excellent effort, that's five points!

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3769468&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post457843684
https://vocaroo.com/16TTsV5NmrPm

I thought I had 12 more hours (that this ended tomorrow at 6 instead of today at 6) but I managed to work myself up enough to record this so I'm gonna post it anyway!!!!

Saoshyant

Oh, boo! I thought I had more time too. Oh well.

Saoshyant

This is so good, though! It was worth following the last portion of the thread just for this one.

Manifisto

And with that, we have our final scores and rankings, which are:

Snuff Melange 55
Charles Bukowski 49
Rarity 26
biosterous 21
your friend sk 13
Dumb Sex-Parrot 12
Stoner Sloth 12
barnold 10
Finger Prince 9
Quadramind 7
Tiny Myers 6
Saoshyant 5
Viginti Septem 3
Heather Papps 1

Congratulations Snuff Melange! It was really head to head between you and Charles Bukowski (second place) for much of the competition. My hats off to both of you for putting frankly impressive efforts into nearly all of the tasks! And Rarity, early in the competition you seemed unstoppable, so even though you weren't able to do some of the later tasks your third place crown is well earned.

But also, many thanks to everyone who competed in the tasks, or even had intentions to that didn't work out. And special thanks go out to our guest judges: BoldFrankensteinMir, Teen Witch, alnilam, and fluffieduckie! You orbs are the best, it was wonderful working with all of you!!

Snuff, you win the first place trophy, should you want it! If you do, please send address details by pm or by email (manyfisted at gmail)! Also you have the right to the First Place winner community badge, should you want it, AND your choice of either an avatar certificate or the forums upgrade of your choice. PM/email any responses please.

Buk and Rarity, as Second and Third Place, you are each entitled to an av certificate or the forums upgrade of your choice! Along with everything the participants get. You can PM/email your preferences.

All participants: details will follow shortly regarding "participant" gang tags and lapel pins.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Leraika posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3769468&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post457843684
https://vocaroo.com/16TTsV5NmrPm

I thought I had 12 more hours (that this ended tomorrow at 6 instead of today at 6) but I managed to work myself up enough to record this so I'm gonna post it anyway!!!!

ooh that is such a shame, this is an excellent reading too! sorry the times weren't clearer. Similarly,

Saoshyant posted:

Oh, boo! I thought I had more time too. Oh well.

sorry about that! this one was on a relatively tight time frame as the finale and wanting to get everything wrapped up!

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Awhhhhhhh :) :) :)

Nothing but respect and admiration for the other competitors, their hilarious and high-effort tasks early on are what drove me to compete as hard as I could, and there were so many good laughs had along the way. Really really glad that I found this thread in the nick of time to compete. I'd been binge watching a lot of Taskmaster coincidentally so this really captured the full force of my energy and genuinely brightened up my whole week.

I'd be honored to take the trophy, and I'd be lying if I said my greeby little eyes weren't pulled towards it from the very start. Can I follow up in an email later tonight or tomorrow after work? I probably have to ask how to even set a gangtag, I've never had one before, but I'd love to rock one from this competition.

Thanks for having me and having this competition, Taskmaster, Alex Horne, and judges. This was sooo much fun :D can't wait to see it next time it comes around.

biosterous

in true byob fashion, i missed the final task by playing video games and then getting shawarma

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Saoshyant

Manifisto posted:

sorry about that! this one was on a relatively tight time frame as the finale and wanting to get everything wrapped up!

All good. This is was such a lovely event! Thank you so much for all the effort you (and GaG) put in into it. And all the guest judges, too!

Major congrats to the top 3 contestants: your many entries were all hilarious and super creative!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Congrats! 🎉👏

This was fun to watch and I'm happy we have such a great group of people in the yob.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Shifty Nipples

I enjoyed Charles Bukowski's footie pajamas

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Charles Bukowski

Yes this was very good fun and congrats to Mr Snuff on the victory, it was well earned! I enjoyed everything people posted, literally. I read each and every entry just like the judges, I appreciated you. Thanks for giving me something to do, TO FEEL! Lets play with our toys more often.

Thank you judges and sponsors for my reward, I am having an idea. I am thinking of a rebrand, again.

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
This was a lot of fun to watch! I'm happy to see people get into taskmaster, and this is a great way to put a spin on it in a way that anyone can participate in.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Shifty Nipples posted:

I enjoyed Charles Bukowski's footie pajamas

Finger Prince

That was fun to watch, and although I'd like to blame time zones, I feel my successful completion of 1 whole (part a and part b) tasks speaks to the level of commitment I am capable of applying to basically anything.

Stoner Sloth

inb4 goldmine, congrats snuff melange and thank you hosts, guest hosts (was great to see you all again!) and contestants

ilu BYOB

Goons Are Gifts

Thanks everyone for participating and being part of this amazing fun time!! This was truly special, fluffie, al, teen witch, ohhh all the celebrities we had!!
I hope you all had fun and a good time, because if so, we could do this again some time!!

Manifisto

Participants. thank you for participating! you all have earned, should you want either or both, a gang tag:

. . . and a lapel pin:

The pins are winging their way towards me and I will send them out once they arrive.

If you are a Participant, please let me know BY PM OR EMAIL (manyfisted at gmail) whether you would (a) like the gang tag added to your av/custom title, and (b) like a lapel pin, and if so what address I should send it to. leraika, your magnificent entry, albeit very slightly belated, qualifies you as a participant, so let me know whether you'd like either or both. I will process the gang tags in a batch after a little while to hear from people. First through third place, you are entitled to pins too of course.

ty nesamdoom!

Quadramind

I would like to say that this has been immense fun and I only regret not finding the time to participate more. Thank you for BYOB Taskmaster. Thank you, contestants! Thank you, guest judges! Thank you, Little Alex Horne, who sincerely believes that poor people would only need to work that bit harder to improve their lot in life.

alnilam

Congrats to all and especially to Snuff! I enjoyed following along :)

ty manifisto

FluffieDuckie

Thanks for including me guys! I had fun.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Goons Are Gifts

What a magical special event this was, thanks to everyone and to Manifisto for putting all of this together!!
Ohh and seeing fluffie and al in the yob again I just need to :glomp: you all right now

Charles Bukowski

Follow up to the fear task: I met Mr. Skye the kitty today and submitted my paperwork to adopt him. He is staying in kitty jail to be neutered and I can pick him up by Thursday. I ain't no liar, especially for a taskmaster challenge. Kitty pics coming soon.

Here he is in lockup.

Saoshyant

Charles Bukowski posted:

Follow up to the fear task: I met Mr. Skye the kitty today and submitted my paperwork to adopt him.

It's your life mission to take care of this little darling from now on, friend o7

Stoner Sloth

Charles Bukowski posted:

Follow up to the fear task: I met Mr. Skye the kitty today and submitted my paperwork to adopt him. He is staying in kitty jail to be neutered and I can pick him up by Thursday. I ain't no liar, especially for a taskmaster challenge. Kitty pics coming soon.

Here he is in lockup.

awww :3: so happy for Mr Syke to get a new home and for my posting pal to get such a lovely kitty!! pls tell him he is the best and that BYOB loves him!!!

Manifisto

Charles Bukowski posted:

Here he is in lockup.

:toot: congratulations!! helloo Mr. Skye, you look adorable, thank you for posting with us!

ty nesamdoom!

teen witch

Charles Bukowski posted:

Here he is in lockup.

little guy! my heart omg. get him a hammock. aaaaaa sweet baby omg

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Here he is in lockup.

Awwwwwww! He is an absolute treasure.

Charles Bukowski

We have cat, I repeat, we have cat. He's currently hiding under my bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Charles Bukowski posted:

We have cat, I repeat, we have cat. He's currently hiding under my bed

:woop::cabot: hooray for cat coming home!