Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

we have all been there at some point in our gaming lives. what are parts of games that you were stuck on forever?

mission 7 of Rogue Squadron was very hard for my 9 year old self. you had to avoid some radar at first which was a pain then I struggled to tangle the at-at with the tow cable. it’s a cool mission from a sick game tho.

basically anything from Mario Sunshine where you had to use fludd to push a boat or leaf was torturous. this was the worst way to build up to the finale. big gently caress you to the one where you have to ride a leaf on poison but at least it is optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was stuck on the final bonus dungeon of Oracle of Ages / Seasons (the one where if you carry a save from one game to the other you can go and fight Ganon) for about four years until I got internet and could look up the puzzle solution. It wasn't really that worth it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i got the RezTM Trance Vibrator Patent Pending stuck in my rear end

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was stuck on the final bonus dungeon of Oracle of Ages / Seasons (the one where if you carry a save from one game to the other you can go and fight Ganon) for about four years until I got internet and could look up the puzzle solution. It wasn't really that worth it

I played tales of symphonia after I moved as a teenager and seemed to get stuck a bunch, but we couldn’t get internet connected right away so I would walk over to the futureshop (Canada bestbuy) and use the display computer to quickly look up what to do on gamefaqs but they eventually asked “are you looking to buy a computer?” and when I said no they kicked me out.

I don’t remember a single thing about that game otherwise.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

chicago in timesplitters 2. baby brain could not figure out where to go. you had to find a specific payphone but i only ever found the one near the spawn and kept triggering it over and over thinking it was bugged.

i have the lady saying "i think you got the wrong numba, dear" burned into my brain

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

every single puzzle in la-mulana at one point aor another

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I used to get to the Dark World in Link to the Past and get stuck as the bunny. I never figured out how to fix that until my baby sitter showed me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was stuck at 118 stars for like 3 years because I could not manage the 100 coin stars for either Tick Tock Clock or Rainbow Ride.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Mentioned this earlier this year but I powered through most of the game and then was stuck on Gehrman on my BL4 run for 2 or 3 years before I finally got him

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
as a kid I loved final fantasy but I was also a huge dumbass that didn't play RPGs properly (poo poo equipment, running from loads of fights etc) so any of the difficulty spike bosses were where my playthrough ended

FF7: Demon wall in temple of the ancients
FF8: that robot/mech in the missile base
FF9: actually one of the easier ones so I was OK
FF10: older and less dumb at this point but Seymour on the mountain was still too much

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I was stuck at 118 stars for like 3 years because I could not manage the 100 coin stars for either Tick Tock Clock or Rainbow Ride.

same but i eventually got tick tock clock. didnt get rainbow ride until i was a man

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

as a kid i could only ever play Paper Mario: TTYD up until right before the first Thwomp quiz in chapter 1 cuz i didnt figure out until a few years later i needed to use a POW block on the stone guys right before it and just thought i had to hit them enough times and their bodies would shatter or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also the first time i played HL2 i couldnt figure out what to do towards the end of that lategame section where you have a bunch of rebels following you around and instead of looking it up i just stopped playing