Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

About 9 years ago i came up with a basic concept for a fictional new Sega console if they were gonna reenter the hardware market, i called it the SEGA WAVE because retro and vaporwave stuff felt like it was trendy at the time

This was the concept standard box art i came up with looking for a mixture of throwback to sega's past and wave aesthetics but a neat modern look, i imagined a game with cool lookin water would make sense as a launch title so a new ecco why not

The console itself was one of the standard at the time rectangle console designs, with a concave where the disc goes in and the WAVE would just be clear plastic but would light up when powered on and have dynamic colors based on what game you were playing etc.

I never got around to doing a controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

About 9 years ago i came up with a basic concept for a fictional new Sega console if they were gonna reenter the hardware market, i called it the SEGA WAVE because retro and vaporwave stuff felt like it was trendy at the time

This was the concept standard box art i came up with looking for a mixture of throwback to sega's past and wave aesthetics but a neat modern look, i imagined a game with cool lookin water would make sense as a launch title so a new ecco why not

The console itself was one of the standard at the time rectangle console designs, with a concave where the disc goes in and the WAVE would just be clear plastic but would light up when powered on and have dynamic colors based on what game you were playing etc.

that's loving cool, good logo

lol at Ecco being the launch title

copy
Jul 26, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

cool. feels like the controller would be a return to 6 face buttons because of the retro aesthetic but maybe a second stick underneath on the right side like those original xbox controllers that had the black and white buttons to the right of the face buttons

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I would buy a new Sega console day 1

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

JOHN CENA posted:

Very cool OP

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

thats fuckin neat, i'd buy that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

Fungah! posted: