Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

it was redwood games, not westwood. please do not trash their legacy like that/trick people into playing picklewars out of morbid curiosity

Thank you for the correction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Has anybody tried playing Gitaroo Man (PS2) or Gitaroo Man Lives! (PSP) on the Retroid Pocket 3+?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Gitaroo Man Lives worked fine on the Retroid Pocket 3+. I didn't try Gitaroo Man

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Oh hells yeah :cheers:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Poppers posted:

Talking about Mother 3 has me wanting an emulation handheld... Analogue Pocket looks so nice but is reselling for like $300+ right now. Perhaps a Retroid 3+ for me next paycheck.

I think they’re shipping way faster now; if you order one today I’d expect to get it in a month or two fwiw

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

I'm finally getting ready to pull the trigger on a mid-range retro gaming handheld and I'm trying to decide between the Retroid Pocket 3+ and the Flip. Does anyone have strong opinions about these two? I dig the design on the Flip, but the hall-effect sliders give me pause.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

3+ is good, no hall effect sensors stock but you can add the DIY parts on for like $12 when you order the console

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

I ended up going with the Retroid Pocket Flip. The sliders take a little getting used to, but work better than I expected, and their positioning is excellent. The form factor is generally phenomenal and with a lil bit of setup, it's playing like a dream! Thanks for all the advice in this thread, imps!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Game club has me wanting to get a ds flash cart, what’s the one to get?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jenny Agutter posted:

Game club has me wanting to get a ds flash cart, what’s the one to get?

R4i Gold is what I use

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There’s also this: https://3ds.hacks.guide which is extremely detailed and thorough so even a worm could do it.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:cheers: thanks for the info. I literally have a dsi so not sure if the 3ds modding page will help but appreciate it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

:cheers: thanks for the info. I literally have a dsi so not sure if the 3ds modding page will help but appreciate it

If you have a 3ds you don't need a flashcart. If you don't you should get a 3ds anyway

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

If you have a 3ds you don't need a flashcart. If you don't you should get a 3ds anyway

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i'm still so pissed i didn't get a new 2ds xl or whatever the gently caress it was called, the black and blue one, when they were $99

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

tmfc posted:

i'm still so pissed i didn't get a new 2ds xl or whatever the gently caress it was called, the black and blue one, when they were $99

this :(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

tmfc posted:

:negative:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

How well does the pocket 3+ run 3rd strike on dc?