Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Brother Tadger posted:

Stolen Valor just sounds cool

Someone stole my valor and the VA wouldn't help me because I wasn't a veteran anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
You can get a replacement valor on Amazon for like forty bucks.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I got an rsi from sweeping and mopping and polishing because if you don't spend enough time cleaning the floors then the terrorists win

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

You can get a replacement valor on Amazon for like forty bucks.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

gonna head to a trump rally with 40 of these pinned to my biker vest (but none will cover over the swastika)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Woke military pushing the gay agenda forcing OUR TROOPS to wear purple hearts to work

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The navy is turning our sailors GAY! Just look at the shirts BIDEN is making them ware~~!!!

edit: here's an article from Military.com on wokeness a day ago

Republicans Double Down on 'Woke' Criticism After Army Says Safety Top Recruiting Challenge

quote:

"Wokeness at the DoD has harmed recruitment, retention and morale, wasted service members' time and taxpayer's dollars, and undermined the apolitical character of the military, which is a major threat to democracy and the American way of life," Banks said in a statement accompanying the release of the letter.

quote:

In interviews with The Associated Press earlier this month, Army officials summarized the findings of surveys conducted over the spring and summer of 2,400 people aged 16 to 28 that were designed to help leaders understand why young adults don't want to enlist.

The top three reasons survey respondents cited for not wanting to join the military were fear of death, worries about post-traumatic stress disorder, and leaving friends and family, according to the AP.

Meanwhile, just 5% of respondents listed "wokeness" as an issue, according to the newswire. By contrast, 13% said they believe women and minorities will face discrimination and not get the same opportunities.

That runs counter to the narrative Republicans have built since the start of the Biden administration that wokeness is to blame for recruiting woes.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 25, 2023

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Brb willingly throwing my life into the meat grinder on behalf of the rich and powerful

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i served in the console wars

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Mr.Acula posted:

Brb willingly throwing my life into the meat grinder on behalf of the rich and powerful

Service guarantees citizenship!*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They take care of my cats and dogs

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
im a veteran of a thousand psychic wars

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

im a veteran of a thousand psychic wars

i was waiting for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I will gladly do my part, not by serving, but by loving the wife of some guy who is

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlgBRokTCg

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mr.Acula posted:

thank u!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nooner posted:

I will gladly do my part, not by serving, but by loving the wife of some guy who is