Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fourier Series
Apr 5, 2020

by Hand Knit
I have been thinking about emergency preparedness, and went to the CDC and FEMA website for their advice on stocking up. Other than the CDC recommendations, what else do you all stock?

Apparently in the event of a close nuclear strike, there is radiation poisoning meds that you can take. It is known as Prussian Blue. A bit over-the-top, I suppose, unless you live next to a nuclear silo. But the FDA label stated that it should be taken within 3 hours of radiation poisoning and I figured that that means you can’t rely on the government considering the very very short time imposed. What do you think about stocking up on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

this is not a business, finance, or careers post. you might find the GiP thread on the same topic informative:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3941131

good luck.