Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?
Problem description: Just completed a new build and am having trouble getting it to POST. No screen, no data transmitted, nothing. There's power to everything and it looks fine, but the DRAM error light is on my motherboard. I have placed the sticks in the right place, tried two in the proper slots, as well as one in the proper slot, but nothing is getting it to POST.

Attempted fixes: Build was done today and I am currently checking each part to make sure nothing is visually broken or wrong. I haven't bench tested the MOBO but it's powering and working with everything else.

Recent changes: Nothing. All new parts from the manufacturer.
--

System specs: All new stuff I picked up today, let me know if more needs to be added than this:
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory
SSD: 980 Pro SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe Interface PCIe Gen 4x4 Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND 3 bit MLC Technology
PSU: 1000w Corsair modular.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes. Some people have had similar issues that were resolved by reconnecting parts one by one, so going to start with that but this is not my first build and I am very lost. Thank you!!

e: solved. Just let it run for a few hours while I kept looking for solutions and it mysteriously decided to boot for no reason with no problems

Another year fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU