Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

US soccer media does this a lot, from Beckham-Donovan era Galaxy to The Sounders' Glorious Return To Save American Soccer, and so on.

It's just a sort of arcane ritual to summon a narrative at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Imagine losing a final at home.

This will in no way stop MLS media from constantly deepthroating chivas usa lafc, but it's really funny and was the best possible scenario baring them losing at home to a semi-pro Haitian team.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Moktaro posted:

US soccer media does this a lot, from Beckham-Donovan era Galaxy to The Sounders' Glorious Return To Save American Soccer, and so on.

It's just a sort of arcane ritual to summon a narrative at this point.

sports media both for u.s. sports and soccer elsewhere doesn't really know what to do when there aren't dominant teams or players to build the story around, lafc is the best option for the moment. mls has so much parity they're basically trying to manufacture a dynasty out a team winning 1 mls cup or one random signing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:rip: CCL
Hello CCC (and :homebrew:)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/concacaf-rebrands-premier-regional-competition-increases-prize-money

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The money increase is great, but the actual competition layout looks dumb.

27 teams? Make it 32 for an even and easy amount

Add 2 more spots to the Central American Cup
Now that Ascenso MX is gone, give the Liga de Expansión MX Apertura/Clausura winners each a spot
Give the USL winner a spot

That takes it to 32 for an easy bracket, it gets more Central American teams in who are underrepresented, and it adds some continental play to the lower divisions in Mexico/US.

e: I just saw that it's a one-off final at a fixed location, so I hope everyone likes it always being in Las Vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You know, it hasn't been a true League in ages.