Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
Atomic Heart is a Russian FPS/RPG set in an alternate history where the Soviet Union developed highly advanced technology, allowing for things like widespread robots, AI, and superpowers by 1955. Set at the mysterious Facility 3826, you, Agent P3, must find the cause of a malfunction that has turned the robots murderous. Also in the background is the launch of Kollectiv 2.0, a highly advanced mind sharing network that will connect the worlds people.

I very much enjoy what I've played so far, and I'm relatively certain P3 is a robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Just got through a section involving a lot of apples. There are questions. I'm not sure if I'll get answers to said questions.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
The art style in this game is so cool. I don't care if it's been done before, I want it and like it. Feel kind of bad about buying it because of it maybe possibly going to the Russian government but I haven't seen enough evidence.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Also the writing for the protagonist is so so bad it's almost unbelievable. Was their goal to make him as loathsome as possible?

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin

i must compose posted:

Also the writing for the protagonist is so so bad it's almost unbelievable. Was their goal to make him as loathsome as possible?

The antagonist is dense, but that may be intentional. I don't know yet.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

This game is half life 3 if Gordon was a turd and could also talk

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

i must compose posted:

It comes off better in Russian, which is recommended. Like, he's still kind of an rear end in a top hat but it's usually in a sort of exhausted under-his-breath way.

Also, yeah this game was good. Finished it on hard a few days ago and found it to be a really fun, weird, and exciting experience most of the time. Not everything lands perfectly but there's enough in there that is crafted with care that it feels memorable and different. Loved the art direction, shoot from the hip combat (especially the bosses), and the soundtrack.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The protagonist is in a B-movie way pretty OK.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

At science center 8, there's some ramp made of prefabs to reach the security booth. You get stuck in there just looking wrong at it. Who playtested this poo poo? --edit: lol also getting stuck to much in the open world in rocky areas.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 15, 2023

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Come on baby that's the jank in eurojank

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

is there an option for Russian VO?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Yes but you have to change it from the main menu, not in game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i must compose posted:

Come on baby that's the jank in eurojank

:slick:

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Glove: Why excuse me sir it appears you need to find the solar canister to open the-

Player character: Shut the gently caress up you dumb idiot baby

Glove: *monocle pops out* Why I never!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the horny fridge was right all along!

edit;

i should've trusted the beguiling music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeQdmZ2zoQI

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 17, 2023

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Also, yeah this game was good. Finished it on hard a few days ago and found it to be a really fun, weird, and exciting experience most of the time. Not everything lands perfectly but there's enough in there that is crafted with care that it feels memorable and different. Loved the art direction, shoot from the hip combat (especially the bosses), and the soundtrack.

I loved 99% of this game but (ending spoilers) the ending was so loving bad that it actively pissed me off. I got "the good ending" so I guess maybe thats something, but holy gently caress what a poo poo rear end ending

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 19, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I loved 99% of this game but (ending spoilers) the ending was so loving bad that it actively pissed me off. I got "the good ending" so I guess maybe thats something, but holy gently caress what a poo poo rear end ending

Which one, the one where you fight the boss?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Holy gently caress, those dumb boss fights that serve no other purpose than draining your ammo stash.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

CHAR-les Tested, Motherland Approved