Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyNark
Oct 23, 2002

Rape drugs work on everyone.
I have used Project Libre for a few years now to make simple gantt style schedules for my projects that I share usually as a .pdf export which was enough to share with clients as they didn't need something that could be interacted with, just a visual of where the project is at currently, things that are coming up, etc.

The issue I'm having is now I'm working with an organization who wants to collaborate on the project schedule and I've sent them the .xml native export/save file for the project several times, which they have tried to open, but tell me that it's not working. I've managed to open the file on several similar schedule programs including SG project, GanttProject, without issue.

I unfortunately think I'm going to have to switch to microsoft project for this one, because it seems like the only way to get out of this issue. I activated the trial of MS Project web version to test if I could import the project and view it (and hopefully convert it to .mpp) but it looks like that functionality is not available on the web client?

Not sure what to do at this point. I can spend a day re-building the project in the MS project web client and just suck it up, but I was hoping someone here is more knowledgeable about other potential conversion methods from .xml to .mpp. Am I wrong for resisting the shift to cloud software? It seems like half the functionality with all of the aggravation of needing a constant internet connection which I typically don't have in the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU