Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!

have you seen my baby posted:

idk I think this was suggested in like the late 1800s or early 1900s? seems pretty contemporary

My understanding is that people had dna even before people knew what dna was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Buddha was pretty clearly trans

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Archeologists found a Pronoun in Emperor Shen Nung's tomb

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
*Holds a big crooked cartoon horn up to my ear and squints for some reason*

HAH? TRAINS? WHO IN HISTORY WAS TRAINS? WHAT KIND OF DARN FOOL QUESTION IS THAT?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
*Jordan Peterson, weeping*: "These so called "trans people" - quote on quote - have existed in the guise of the archetypal trickster for millenia"

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
gengis khan

speng31b
May 8, 2010

jfc

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Caeneus

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

some plague rats posted:

Any funny answers yet? Just kidding I already know

no

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Elagabalus

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

*Holds a big crooked cartoon horn up to my ear and squints for some reason*

HAH? TRAINS? WHO IN HISTORY WAS TRAINS? WHAT KIND OF DARN FOOL QUESTION IS THAT?

stay strong trains is hard job

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Jean d` Arc maybe.
Probably she was no more than who she presented herself as: A peasant woman who had a transformative spiritual experience. It was very violent time. Its not at all strange that she would have had some mastery of weapons and violence. But she did take on a very masculine role and was comfortable in that role.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Pope Joan

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Baudolino posted:

Jean d` Arc maybe.
Probably she was no more than who she presented herself as: A peasant woman who had a transformative spiritual experience. It was very violent time. Its not at all strange that she would have had some mastery of weapons and violence. But she did take on a very masculine role and was comfortable in that role.

Of all the famous ones this is the worst example. Jean
herself explicitly says she wore pants to avoid sexual assault and iirc went by female pronouns.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Joan Crawford

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Abraham

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ok this is one might be a better example: emperor elagabalus, provided we assume that the crazy stories about him arent just propaganda from whiny old rich men (senators).

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

have you seen my baby posted:

trans is inherently a contemporary relationship with gender and it's not productive to project it onto people in the past, op

Next you'll tell me Marxism and fascism are both industrial philosophies and interpreting ancient cultures as representative of one of the other is folly

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

War and Pieces posted:

Of all the famous ones this is the worst example. Jean
herself explicitly says she wore pants to avoid sexual assault and iirc went by female pronouns.

a grad student saw your post and had to throw out a completed thesis paper

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
leonardo di vinci for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
now you're just listing autistic people