Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He's in the new John Wick movie that's coming out like next week. What the gently caress.

Guy was way too young :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp23jAkN5Rw/?hl=en Looking at his last Instagram post, seeing how happy he was with his dogs just yesterday, it hit me hard, he was one of my favorite actors and I was always happy to see him in a new thing. 60 is too young especially to just suddenly go like that.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
I saw this pop up like 15 minutes before this thread got posted and it bummed out my whole day tbh

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Thundercracker posted:

Last thing I saw him in was the Resident Evil Netflix show and he was the only redeeming thing about it. He looked like was having so much fun.

I've seen quite a few crappy things that were only watchable because he was in it. His dramatic acting was good but my favorite parts were when he would just go so ham.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

haljordan posted:

Is the Bosch show decent? I always thought the Lincoln Lawyer movie with Matthew McConaughey got short shrift, he was really good in that one.

I quite like it, Titus Welliver (and Reddick) is great in it. It's fairly pro-cop though if that bothers you

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 18, 2023

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

this sucks :(

RIP Lance

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
His character in the Horizon games is basically just him but evil and it owns

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
This sucks rear end, he was great in everything.

Such a charismatic and memorable actor, RIP.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MakaVillian posted:

I quite like it, Titus Welliver (and Reddick) is great in it. It's fairly pro-cop though if that bothers you

Yeah I'll second that (including the cop part), it's a fun show

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
He was so good at comedy maybe just the nature of still doing his thing? https://youtu.be/rKgX3ekVVXA

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
Only finished HFW last week. He was incredible throughout; I was secretly hoping for a Sylens prequel :(

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

He'll never be the head of a major corporation

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
now hell never get his iconic slave role

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

No real clue who he is but :rip:

So the bigger name celebs are hanging onto life for grim death hunh.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BigBadSteve posted:

No real clue who he is but :rip:

So the bigger name celebs are hanging onto life for grim death hunh.

One of those dudes who didn't fit a leading type but had charisma to burn and wasn't afraid to use it either for a joke or to make another performer look good. Kind-of dude you take for granted while he's around.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So cruel to be taken from us so soon. They didn't even get a chance to make the Lance Deadick thread.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

now hell never get his iconic slave role

He literally got it with that bit. White kids right now have zero idea what Roots is, but they sure as poo poo know him in those chains and Geordi hairband screaming about wanting his slave name MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAHH-do do do do dwee doop.

I legit have never done this nor bothered enough to care about something like it before, but if you haven't seen Fringe yet, you should. I was sad and hadn't yet started chugging 40s when I made this, but fuckin' watch Lance absolutely destroy every boundary of what they originally put up when they made his character. But, like, sci-fi-wise.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
Eric Andre said Lance got what they were doing so well that his entire interview was a disaster, and he ended up being the only guest they specifically just wrote a bit for instead.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty posted:

Eric Andre said Lance got what they were doing so well that his entire interview was a disaster, and he ended up being the only guest they specifically just wrote a bit for instead.

and then lance still scared the poo poo out of him with the desk smash because it was improvised lmbo

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I’m still bummed out about this a day later.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lance Reddick was one of my absolute favorite actors. Dude ruled so hard. One of those Brad Dourif types where as soon as you saw him on screen you knew that even if the movie or show blew rear end he'd be fun as poo poo to watch.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I liked him in the chronicles of reddick

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

sucks very much. RIP lance

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Lance Reddick was one of my absolute favorite actors. Dude ruled so hard. One of those Brad Dourif types where as soon as you saw him on screen you knew that even if the movie or show blew rear end he'd be fun as poo poo to watch.

Same. Legit sad news yet Ray Romano still draws breath.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Wait, what did Ray Romano do?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I somehow thought of a cross between Lance Henriksen and JJ Redick whenever I heard this guy's name.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

YeahTubaMike posted:

He killed Lance Reddick

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

YeahTubaMike posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
He was one of the best “hey, it’s that guy” actors where he might not be the main draw, but you see him and you know you’re in for a good time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if he regretted not doing a Riddick movie with Vin Diesel

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

McGavin posted:

:wrong: Sam Neill had cancer, but recovered and is now cancer free.

Not quite... he has to take a chemotherapy drug monthly for the rest of his life.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

YeahTubaMike posted:

Be Ray Romano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dazerbeams posted:

I’m still bummed out about this a day later.

Yeah I'm having a harder time letting this one go. The guy was just plain fun. I don't care much about comic poo poo at this point but I feel like he would have made an amazing supervillain