Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Part II: However, they could be certain of one fact: this pillar was "magic as hell," and it was, quote, "the coolest thing they'd ever seen in their lives."

The results ended up being exactly what I'd assume based on what I've seen other players in general do in the past: Amorous wins, Resolute gets a decent but still distant second (with some good arguments from their camp), and only 2 people showed up for Woodland.

New Music: Melody's Plan to Get Super Ripped

: Not bad for a couple things I had in my closet and a few pieces of cheap gear off the internet.

"Your name is Melody Amaranth."

"You'd lived a quiet life with few ambitions since high school, mostly content to let yourself coast along on autopilot. But you always felt that something was missing."

: I think it's finally time to head into town and show everyone what I've learned.

Time to properly say hello to the game's protagonist.

Yep you read the profile in the intro right, she's trans.

: Oh yeah, I was looking through my photos and reminiscing, huh?

: We weren't even dating yet. I guess this is why none of our friends were surprised when we announced we were dating a few months back.

: Or I guess it's OUR adventuring guild now, huh?
: Claire says she doesn't really like this one, though. She was standing close to the camera, and she says it makes her head look huge.
: I can sympathize with that, honestly.

It seems to be shaping up that one of the harder parts of this LP will be to pick and choose which bits of flavor text to pay attention to and which to skip; honestly this site's character limit in posts turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Besides, it's fun to leave some surprises for you guys if you wanna play.

: Of course, it was only a gag gift, and then she gave everyone their real gifts.
: But I got her real good when I called her bluff and actually hung it up.
: ...Wow, that was a really obvious ploy for attention, huh? I can't believe it took me so long to figure out I had a huge crush on her.

Downstairs we have...

: Number one: read more. Well, reading that material on healing spells has to count, right?
: Number two: be more outgoing. I'd say I'm... working on that.
: Number three: get ripped. Nope.
: Well, I guess some progress is better than none.

: Good boy! If you need anything, I give you permission to order delivery while I'm out, okay?
: *meow*

We're just about wrapped up here, but before we leave-

: Wow!

As to be expected, it's a lovely day outside.

: I asked Ms. Leone what some nice romantic flowers to plant would be, and she just gave me some that matched my fur and Allison's hair. I mean. I guess that works.

But enough lollygagging around, let's head to town.

: Wait, is that a monster?

Ruh-roh, Raggy

: Well, I guess it's time to put my training to the test.

And so we enter the fray.

New Song: Novastrike! (Abridged)

Ah, zee 'ahmble 'ermit.

Even at level one these guys aren't a threat; they can tank a single hit from a low level Melody (unless you're playing easy mode) but can't do much against us.

New Jingle: Battle Victory

Managed to snag a decent haul from the fight too.

: I should be able to make it to Greenridge no problem. And if I get a little banged up, I can just use First Aid.

: Also wouldn't be a bad idea to hit up that Save Station right there.

Let's see what we've got.

Exactly what it says on the tin: It works off of Melody's magic stat so it stays relevant for most of the game. We're also doing decently enough after that last fight to not need it; even at Melody's current stats, it would heal around 80-120 HP.

We can also see what are current quests are

And a mini profile for our party members (just Melody right now).

Get yourself a girl whose house warrants having a sign point towards it.

Now who's this dilhole?

And so we meet the other type of enemy found in this area.

They're faster and stronger than the Hermits, which means that at this level they hit before Melody's attacks and hit harder as well.

On the flipside they already go down in one hit.

At this stage they do pack a wallop in groups.

Nothing a heal can't fix though.

I spy some points of interest on the beach.

Gotta fend off this group first though.

The strategy here is to go for the Anemones first, given the aforementioned "hit harder and faster, but go down in one hit".

New Song: I Feel Like I've Really Grown From This Experience

Combined with an off-screen fight we now have enough to level up. We punch a little harder, heal a little harder, and we even get our HP restored (though not our MP)

: Allison's gonna be so impressed.

That's not the RPG hero spirit! :mad:

New Jingle: Regular Item

To the northwest of the next screen we find some more gold.

: I better not disturb them. I didn't really need to go over there, anyway.

While to the south, a snicnic prevents us from sequence breaking.

But more importantly to the northwest is our destination

New Song: You'd Think Our Flag Would Be Green (Extended)

: I mean, I've never lived anywhere else, but the people are friendly enough, and it's nice and quiet.
: Well, except for that whole "Wailing Curse" incident with Claire. That week was, uh. Extremely loud.
: But it's usually pleasant here at least four days a week.

What's in here?

...moving on

: You wouldn't happen to know any adventurer types in need of gear, would you? I was hoping to do a little business after dropping off a delivery for the Paladin Brigade, but there doesn't seem to be much demand today.
: Oh, I'M an adventurer type in need of gear!
: Really?
: Well, I'm still new, I suppose. I'm a paladin in training. But I could use some equipment.
: Why, my apologies! I should have known at a glance. You have the aura of a paladin.
: I actually don't know any aura spells yet, but thank you!
: In any case, perhaps some of my goods may aid in your paladin duties?

Let's take a look at his wares:

We could stand to upgrade Melody's equipment.

: After a long day, it's nice to just sit here and listen to the ocean.

Y'know I remember when I was younger my whenever we visited the coast, my grandpa would take me to visit the docks and look at all the boats.

If you payed attention to the image in the OP, you'd see that there was one character we hadn't seen yet; well it's time to meet her.

: Hey! We've missed having you around town lately.

: Oh, not much. Did some spring cleaning around the house. Got a little reading done. Learned my first healing spells.
: The usual.

: I was a little surprised you weren't there for the Fortuna magic ritual, actually.
: I guess it would've been more formal to have the whole guild there, but I doubt I would've been much help. You know I'm no magic expert. I leave that stuff to Claire.
: But hey, if you're picking up healing magic that quickly, maybe we'll be able to to go on an expedition soon.
: Well... I don't know if I'm quite ready for that yet.
: Oh, it's not that scary, trust me. Claire hypes it up, but most of the places she wants to check out are harmless.
: Just some local wizard ruins where she thinks we might be able to find an artifact or two.
: It won't be like what happened last time. I promise.
: Still, I dunno... Maybe sometime soon. But I'd like to practice a little more first.
: It's cool. This is all new for you. Go at whatever pace you're comfortable with.

: Am I really that predictable?
: Melody, you made six different posts on two different websites just saying "I love my girlfriend" in the last week.
: It was definitely more than six.
: Well, I'm sure she's dying to see you, too! If she hasn't texted you about it or anything, I think she's got some big news for you.
: Please tell me she didn't -
: Oh, no no! It's not another trampoline.
: Oh, thank god.
: I guess I probably shouldn't ruin the surprise, then. Allison can tell you herself.
: You've got me curious now... Well, I'd better get going, then. Have a nice day, Jodie!
: You too!

Our mission has been updated, it's time to go...

...look at pretty much everything around town before doing so. This is the RPG way.

I know I saw some fellow PYF Comics thread folks in here so they're probably thinking the same thing I am.

New Music: Claire's Dark Influence

It's like a library in here or somethin'.

: Hi Mona. Is Claire in right now?
: No, your friend's not here. Hey, if you see her, could you tell her to get her crap out of the meeting room upstairs? I know you guys are on the schedule, but that doesn't mean she can use it as her personal office the rest of the week. I'd pack up her crap myself, but she put some sort of hex or something on the door to keep me out.
: I'll have a word with her if I see her.

Why don't we peek at some of the books?

Here's a minor bonus for nosy players; lore entries that can be found all over the game.

: Oh well, maybe I'll take a look at some of these some other time. I don't want to keep Allison waiting for too long.

But keep her waiting we will.

If any of you played the demo back in the ancient year of 2018, you'd remember that this is where it started... but the shop signs on that building are new.

: Uh, hi! We're not ready yet! Come back tomorrow for the grand opening, okay?

Ah well, we already have Rafael.

: Wow, I've only been a paladin for a few weeks and I'm already your favorite?
: Well, you're in my top four for sure!
: I dunno what a paladin really does, but I know you're giving it your all!
: Uh, thanks.
: So... how've things been going at Piggledy's?
: Business hasn't exactly been booming, but hey. Still living the dream! Oh, we got a good review from a food critic recently! I think they said we have "ambiance." Did you know we had that? I don't even remember putting that on the menu!
: Well that's great! Why are you just standing outside the restaurant on your day off, though?
: Oh, I was just waiting for Claire to stop by and grab her paycheck. I like giving it to her in person.
: If I don't see her in 10 minutes, I guess I'll just leave it in her and Jodie's mailbox.
: I can remind her to drop by if I see her.
: That'd be great! Well, I'm sure you're busy with your adventurer business or whatever. I won't keep you!
: See you, Beverly! It was nice talking!

: Of course, with Greenridge being quiet for this long, it's probably only a matter of time until someone causes a fuss.
: Probably Claire.

: Does Claire really cause that much trouble for you and the Paladin Brigade? Surely you have bigger problems than her.
: Melody, do you remember that time Claire accidentally made her and Jodie's house float away into the sky?
: You're going to have to be more specific than that.
: ...Okay, I see your point. But still! She's our friend. Let's not assume the worst.
: Sorry, you're right. That was rude. I admire Claire's ambitions, I just wish those ambitions didn't give me so many fires to put out as town guardian. Often literally.
: Who knows. Maybe you and Allison will be good influences on her, now that you're in her guild. Oh, speaking of which! How's your training going?
: It's going pretty well! I've just been studying on my own, but I already have a couple healing spells down.
: Well, that's quite impressive for someone who's never studied magic before, you know! How did you manage to pick it up so quickly?
: Claire didn't try any "shortcuts" with you, did she?
: Oh, uh... guess I'm just a natural?
: Hmm... Well, I suppose it's not completely unheard of. I've always thought you'd make a natural healer, personally. For what that's worth. Would it be safe to assume you're heading over to Allison's to show her some spells?
: You know, Jodie assumed the same thing. What a coincidence.
: Dear, you're thinking about Allison.

: I'm not thinking about Allison...
: I'm a busy girl, Faith! I've got lots of things on my mind. Especially now that I'm a paladin.
: And where is this busy girl heading once she's done talking to me?
: ...Well, Allison's place is a definite possiblity.
: Go have fun with your girlfriend, Melody. You've earned a day off.
: Okay, well, take care, Faith!
: You too! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Let's stop beating around the bush and finally visit our girlfriend.

New Song: Some Kind of Statement

...looks like she isn't home

Gotta make sure though.

At least we can turn on some tunes.

New Song: Full-Time Adventurer

The main background music in Allison's house transitions seamlessly to the radio's theme.

Anyways looks like Allison's not home; I wonder if anyone's seen her?

Anything interesting happening around town?
: Anything interesting happen around town lately?
: Hmm, let's see... Oh, there's a magic shop opening up soon! It's in that little pink building on Main Street. The Leone family's running it. I don't think they'll be formally open until tomorrow, but you could drop by and say hello.
: Right in front of the Guardian's Tower, huh? What a fitting place for a magic shop.
: Yes, well, let's just say I need to keep a close eye on their merchandise, and right in front of the tower is probably the safest place for it to be. If anyone so much as THINKS about stealing one of those spellbooks, Provence will be down there in two seconds to give them a stern lecture. The last thing I need is some teenager shoplifting a book that lets them summon clowns or something.
: Do they... do they really sell spellbooks that let you summon clowns?
: Not in my town, they don't. Ooh, I just remembered! Holly's wanted to see you ever since she heard you became a paladin. She should be in the Paladin Headquarters. Just head inside the tower and take a left.
: Oh yeah, that's a good idea! Well, thanks for the suggestions, Faith.
: Any time, dear.

How are you and Jodie doing?
: How are you and Jodie doing?
: We're doing well! Over the weekend I actually had enough free time to take a little trip down to the beach with her.
: Nice! How was it?
: Oh, it was lovely! We went down to this little cove I like on the west side of the island. Totally private, very romantic. At one point Jodie actually waded into the water and caught a fish with her bare hands! I think she was trying to impress me.
: Did it work?
: I should clarify that this fish probably weighed 20 pounds. So yes, it was pretty impressive. Not long after that it started raining, but I cast a wide area force field over the beach before we got soaked.
: Isn't that the spell you're supposed to use to shield the town in the event of an emergency?
: Yes, well, no one ever said I couldn't use it for day-to-day purposes.
: It was a wonderful time, though! I'd say I should've invited you and Allison and made it a double date, but you've never been the biggest beachgoer.
: I mean, the beach is nice, I just always get a lot of sand in my tail.
: Well, maybe we can plan a different double date somewhere a bit less sandy.
: I should have another day off in... oh, seven months? Give or take. Six if I'm lucky.
: I'll be sure to work it into my schedule.

Have you seen Allison?
: Have you seen Allison lately?
: I believe I saw her head off to the construction site on the west end of Main Street earlier. Probably clearing trees for the project, I'd presume. I mean, that is her job, after all. I'm sure she'd be happy to see you, though!
: I'll have to drop by the site and see if she's there.

A lead! But first let's see what Holly wants to show us.

Not gonna lie I had spent forever trying to make it so a gif of the camera pan that happens when you enter the building had a small enough filesize to be postable on lpix and still look good before going "screw it"

New Music: Sworn Guardian (Extended)

: Uh, sure?
: I... accidentally wedged my sword in this crack in the floor and I can't get it out. So now I'm just trying to act casual and stand here with it until everyone leaves. It's very stressful.
: I could try and help you get it out.
: No, that would only cause a scene. Just think, how would the people of Greenridge react if they knew the new Captain of the Paladin Brigade, their sworn protectors, was this incompetent? It would be all over the tabloids!
: We have tabloids?
: I wouldn't know. I don't read such things.
: Everyone makes mistakes, Provence.
: This is the first mistake I have ever made in my life.
: Also, I'm not actually joining the Paladin Brigade, by the way. I'm with Claire's guild, not you guys.
: Wait, really? That's... uh... You know what? Forget everything you just heard.

: Oh, I know! I saw Faith painting outside on my way in here.
: So... do you need something else? I'm a little busy, Melody.
: Not really... Uh, I guess I just wanted to ask how things are going?
: I mean, I feel like we haven't really talked much since high school.
: Well, I started working out, and got a job as the receptionist here at the tower. And uh, that's about it.
: Uh, cool!
: Sorry, I'm just a little preoccupied. Everyone's got problems they want Ms. Vincent and the Paladins to fix, and I'm the one who has to filter those requests. I've gotten three separate calls today from folks claiming a wizard had broken into their homes and erased their memories of their email passwords in their sleep.
: Did that... really happen?
: No. But now I have to file a thorough report for every one of these calls. So, I should get back to that.

: The name's Bethaniel, but everybody calls me Beth the Beast. And they're Mary Ena.
: Hey.
: Um, hello. Are you from around here?
: We've traveled a long way on our righteous quest to see the local Guardian. Almost ten blocks, probably. We're here to ask her what she's doing to spread the love in Greenridge, and also to see if she'd like to hear our chill anime beats mixtape.
: Oh, Faith's right outside, you know.
: We didn't wanna disturb her.
: Shouldn't you kids be in summer school or something?

: Anyway... what exactly do you mean by "spreading the love"? Like, being friendly and sending good vibes?
: Good vibes are of utmost importance! Especially for a Guardian. She, like, sets the vibe for the whole town. But you're thinking small. We also wanna know if she's using her power to enact policies that will impact the town and its people in a positive way.
: Oh, Faith doesn't really get to decide laws or anything. She's not the mayor.
: Her job is to fix magic-related problems around town, and to help folks hurt by such things. Y'know, monsters, magic relics gone haywire, evil wizards. That stuff.
: Hmm... well, I would say protecting us from evil wizards is a pretty good way to spread the love. I still wanna talk to her, though. So we'll just wait for her in here.

: Okay, well, it was nice meeting you.

Lore: The Paladin Brigade posted:

The all-in-one emergency response team tasked with handling any magical problems Greenridge faces.

While the Paladins are highly skilled fighters, on an average day they use healing and defensive magic and de-escalation techniques more often than they use their swords.

The Paladins are strictly forbidden from using lethal force on sentient beings.

Lore: Town Guardian posted:

The democratically elected leader of the Paladin Brigade, tasked with protecting Greenridge from magical threats.

The Guardian is not the leader of Greenridge, but merely the head of one department working under the mayor.

Currently, the Guardian is Jodie's girlfriend Faith Vincent. At age 24, she's the second youngest Guardian in town history, beaten only by the time the town's youth voted for a toddler as a prank.

And what do you have to say?

Ah.

Meet the rest of the Brigade.

: Not "the club" as in the Brigade, of course. But, you know what I mean.
: Thanks, Holly!
: What specialization did you go with, by the way? I don't think Faith mentioned it.
: Oh, I'm an, uh. An Amorous Paladin.
: Ha! I knew it, that's so fitting for a lovey dovey type like you.
: Um, thanks?
: Don't worry, kid. I mean that as a compliment. You just know what you're all about, and you're using that to your advantage. Just like how I know that I'm all about being the biggest, strongest healer this town's ever seen. Say, you know, we actually have an Amorous Paladin on our team!
: What, really? Who is it? Rhett?
: Nope! It's Provence.
: Oh my god, seriously?
: Seriously. She's all about her love for the town and all the people in it, and wanting to protect them. But she shows it in some... interesting ways. Most of which involve frowning. Don't tell her I told you that, by the way. She's a little embarrassed about it, she thinks people wouldn't take her as seriously if they knew. But yeah, there are lots of different types of love you can derive your powers from. Although I have a feeling I already know what you're going with.
: It's... exactly what you're thinking.
: Well, I'm real happy for ya, kid. Just... be careful. Having your feelings for your girlfriend be the source of your magic is, well... it's a lot of pressure to put on one relationship. You two seem real happy together. Try not to let things get weird because of all this.
: Thanks, Holly. I'll do my best.
: Oh! And one more thing. It's not much, but I figured you'd put it to good use.

New Jingle: Cool Item

: It's, uh, a little bent.
: Yeah, staves and I don't really get along. I whack stuff a little too hard with 'em. Still works, though! It'll give your spellcasting a little more oomph compared to casting emptyhanded. I mean, provided you actually equip it, y'know.
: Well thanks, Holly! I'll be sure to put it to good use.
: Knock 'em dead, kid! Or, uh, knock 'em alive, because you're a healer.

One less attack than the gauntlet but more importantly a whopping +10 Magic; this is def an upgrade.

: Actually, it's an old one. I found it buried in my attic the other day. The old Guardian always made us use regulation armor and gear and stuff, so I never got to use this one back in the day. This bad boy was just collecting dust until I realized that Faith would totally let me use it. I've still got a lot of polishing left to do, though.
: Isn't it just going to get dirty when you use it?
: Yeah, but if my sword's real big and shiny then I might scare off evildoers without actually having to exert much effort. That's actually happened to me a few times before,
believe it or not!
: I mean, I wouldn't wanna get hit with that thing. So I guess it makes sense. I'll let you get back to that, then.
: See you around.

Anyways, let's head west to where Faith said Allison was

Our girlfriend's rampage must be put to an end.

New Music: Greenridge Theme But 37% Softer

The music transitions a la a n64 Rareware game.

And these are what lurks here.

They don't pack the biggest punch but they can slow you down.

And this new level gives us...

And here's the big change between classes gameplay wise.

In comparison, Woodland Paladins get Woodland Healing

Woodland Healing posted:

Heals an ally for a small amount of HP every turn for 4 turns.

and Resolute Paladins get Resolute Seal

Resolute Seal posted:

Places a magical seal on an enemy, dealing a bit of damage every turn for 4 turns. Uses Star Power.

For both moves, the exact amount of healing/damage scales with Melody's magic stat.

What's this?

: Well, it's not super clear, but I guess I'll keep an eye out for this treasure.

A map!

Can't do anything about these yet.

The beefiest enemy so far. Down the line the game'll give me something to put under enemies I have jack to say anything about but today is not that day.

Wait a minute

that card map...

boop

boop

boop

New Jingle: owo whats this

: Neat!

Grab this chest.

Dispatch one last monster...

And there she is!

A lovely view.

: What are you doing all the way out here? Just felt like taking a hike?
: Wait, what's that? Did you get hurt?

: See, I was just minding my own business on break at work, smashing some bottles I had lying around for fun. You know, same old same old. But I noticed that one of the bottles I smashed had a treasure map hidden inside! Awesome, right? I figured my mom must've buried some treasure out here and hid the map in a bottle at the house! Anyway, long story short, I got jumped by a monster and chased it here to give it a piece of my mind. But it kinda got away.
: Here, let me see where you're hurt. I wanna try something.
: Huh? Oh, sure.

: Whoa... Mel, that's incredible! You can really pull off healing spells like that already?
: Oh, it's just an entry level first aid spell. It took me like two weeks just to get that one down, even with Claire's magic boost, and I can't exactly do much more than that.
: Do you really feel better?
: Yeah, I feel great! And give yourself some credit. Going from knowing zero magic to being able to do THAT is pretty amazing.

: Oh dear.
: Hey Mel, uh, I know this is a lot to ask, but you think you could lend me a hand here?

New Music: Novastrike!

Now that our girlfriend is with us the battle theme takes it's full form.

Now what do we have to fend off this beast-

Oh!

That's right, kissing your girlfriend buffs her stats and gets you Star Power.

What is Star Power? It's basically the game's take on RPG Maker's TP system; using certian moves gives you points (every 20% represented as a point on a star) that you can use to pull off more advanced moves. In Melody's case she gains it when she uses healing moves, while Allison gets them from attacking enemies. Basically a way to encourage players to play the characters in-character.

Allison can spend her SP on directional attacks; a vast bulk of the enemies in the game have weakpoints and the-exact-opposite-of-weakpoints that make them weak/resistant to specific directions.

Right in the eye!

Meanwhile Melody spends her SP on her class-specific skill. Woodland Healing actually only costs 20% vs the other 2 costing 40%.

Unlike First Aid vs Potions, Paladin's Gift doesn't take long to outpace Ethers.

Welp, can't do anything about the Hole Hound this turn unless Allison has enough SP to do a Low Kick.

2 Attacks in 1 turn!

Overall not that hard of a fight but there are a buncha tiny dialouge changes for the next part had we lost it.

: Eh, it happens. It's just a Hole Hound. I find things like that poking around in my garbage at least once a year.
: So, uh, anyway... hey? I haven't seen you in forever. Really liking that new look. It's... adorable.

: Well, I was going for more of a "cool paladin" look. Or at least, as close to "cool paladin" as I could pull off on my budget.
: No no, you do look cool! Other peoples' first impression will definitely be "cool healer." I just always think you look cute. So... since you're here, and I'm no longer busy, why don't we, like. Do something together. I've missed having you around, y'know? Let's go do something fun.
: What, like... couple stuff? Like a date?
: Yeah, totally. Normal couple stuff. No magic, no guild, no monsters. Just a chill afternoon together.
: You know what? You're right. I think a relaxing day off would be good for me. Or at least, half a day off.
: That's the spirit!
: Did you have something in mind for us to do?
: ...

Applause1.ogg

: I dunno, we'll figure something out. Let's just look around town and find something fun to do.

New Jingle: Allison Joins the Party

Our girlfriend is with us now,

we gave her our hand-me-down-equipment,

and our main story quest has updated.

Next time: more of this, and then I swear updates afterwards will have less NPCs to talk to.

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Ah, we're on the island of Sappho. That tracks.

Wait Sappho was the poet and the island was Lesbos, but whatever, I know a reference when I see it. :colbert:

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
You know, I like that the relationship is right up front. So many other games try to drag it out to the end, but here? Nope, front and center and it starts from there instead of ending.

s__herzog
Sep 13, 2022

I like a video game that doesn't waste any time proving its title accurate.

TheGreatCatJames
Nov 19, 2020
So the game creator is currently testing out and balancing a hard mode for the game and during the testing melody got destroyed by starting monsters and people made fan art of it.

Also in the demo the treasure chest with the tear of revival had infinite amounts due to a bug.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I know I saw some fellow PYF Comics thread folks in here so they're probably thinking the same thing I am.

I hope we get to see anime club

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
That second update had enough charm to get me to actually pick this out of the Steam backlog and give it a go. And I have to say, I like what it's offering. (Currently somewhere in Act 2.)

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

just a heads up, got sick the past few days and am only now getting back into the swing of things so the next update might be later than I hoped

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

sb hermit posted:

I hope we get to see anime club

i wanna see mort's fursona

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

hey folks just wanna give another update: the Let's Play is still not dead but a buncha stuff happened (getting sick, family visiting, etc) so I'm only just now getting back into the headspace to start making updates again (I've already started work on the next update weeks ago, but that stalled out). I've gotta buncha time off in May so I hope to use that to build up a backlog but hopefully I'll be able to put out some updates before then as well.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:toot: Looking forward to it; having played through it myself by now, I'm keen to see thoughts/reactions.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

hey folks just wanna give another update: the Let's Play is still not dead but a buncha stuff happened (getting sick, family visiting, etc) so I'm only just now getting back into the headspace to start making updates again (I've already started work on the next update weeks ago, but that stalled out). I've gotta buncha time off in May so I hope to use that to build up a backlog but hopefully I'll be able to put out some updates before then as well.

I hope you get well soon! I know a lot of people getting sick in inopportune times nowadays.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheGreatCatJames posted:

So the game creator is currently testing out and balancing a hard mode for the game and during the testing melody got destroyed by starting monsters and people made fan art of it.

Sounds funny, I'd like to see it. Even before Musk bought twitter, I was bad at searching for things so I doubt I'd be able to find the right thing on my own

Cloudmonkey98
Apr 1, 2019
This is adorable, gonna keep an eye out, for a giggle I decided to see if Melody's blog was real, since its a Tumblr address, and it is and its just idle fluffiness~

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/fastestfurs/status/1657433019916095488

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Sorry for the radio silence; the LP's not dead or anything but I just need to just get the motivation back (I've long gotten over being sick a while back but that just sapped all my motivation), just haven't had enough spoons most days. I feel like once I get past this update (which I still have partly done but haven't touched since around when I got sick) I'll be able to build up momentum again.

Yeah it seems like (until this game came out) if anyone knew Bobby Schroeder for any one thing, it would be for running the archie sonic liveblog thankskenpenders, which makes for a fun read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Alrighty it's become apparent that I've bitten off way more than i could chew with this, I haven't been able to muster any motivation to even start touching the next update again for months and got myself caught in one of those "the longer you put it off, the harder it gets to start again" viscious cycles (plus i have a lot less time on my hands than I think I do). I went into this assuming doing a SSLP was harder than it looks, but knowing that fact and actually experiencing it are 2 different things. I heartily recommend giving the game a shot, and if domeone with more experience with doing LPs wants to try doing this game then feel free.

Edit: game's in a new humble bundle too

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 7, 2023