Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won Best Actress?
Tom Cruise
LeBron James
That Chick With The Big Cans From Two Broke Girls
Goku
View Results

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Political Correctness strikes again! The Oscars were this weekend and--BIG SURPRISE--the Best Actress category was literally 100% women. Not. One. Single. Dude.

What the gently caress Hollywood? No love for Tom Cruise in Top Gun II? Not even a nod toward Dave Batista for Guardians of the Galaxy II? What about that one guy who plays the cat dude in Avatar II??? They're over here making all the money for you and you want to give awards to some Leslie chick.

gently caress all this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don't know who should've won, but Tom Cruise absolutely shouldn't have even been nominated.

scientologists are bad people and should not be allowed to win Oscars. Ideally they shouldn't be allowed to appear in movies (or work at all) period.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

I don't know who should've won, but Tom Cruise absolutely shouldn't have even been nominated.

scientologists are bad people and should not be allowed to win Oscars. Ideally they shouldn't be allowed to appear in movies (or work at all) period.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Tom cruise was great in magnolia

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

OH BOY, BIG NEWS

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I. M. Gei posted:

:wrong:

Tom cruise should win all the awards, melt them down and give them to the church of Scientology.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Prof. Crocodile posted:

But unironically

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXnNOBj26lk

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just cancel all awards imo. No one should win anything, causes nothing but trouble.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Political Correctness strikes again! The Oscars were this weekend and--BIG SURPRISE--the Best Actress category was literally 100% women. Not. One. Single. Dude.

What the gently caress Hollywood? No love for Tom Cruise in Top Gun II? Not even a nod toward Dave Batista for Guardians of the Galaxy II? What about that one guy who plays the cat dude in Avatar II??? They're over here making all the money for you and you want to give awards to some Leslie chick.

wow i cant believe how transphobic hollywood has become

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Sex Farm posted:

Dude was robbed of his Oscar there all Michael Caine had to do was pretend to huff ether

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
“Omg I don’t have to show my tits to make a movie, I can just say the n word a few times and casually snub a few Jews and get an award hehehehe” -academy award winning actress with a very skewed worldview :j:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Maybe Michael Caine really did huff ether for the authenticity but that's just a job perk :jerkbag:

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Prof. Crocodile posted:

AND WHEN IS INTERNATIONAL MENS DAY??? HUH??

Thanks Obama.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
a rare miss by prof. crocodile

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Voted Cat Dennings since I like her body. Thank you for reading.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i hate the oscars and hearing about them

i would rather listen to the great album "idle will kill" by the underrated band "osker"

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
https://whyy.org/articles/oscars-winners-how-does-voting-work/

quote:

Who votes on the Oscars?

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences boasts some 10,000-plus members, divided among 17 branches. All academy members have to be involved in the movie business in some capacity, but membership isn’t restricted to creatives — there are branches for executives and marketing and public relations professionals, as well.

it's a dick-waving contest for rich fucks, op

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

it was in 2003 so the award is too old for him now anyway

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Dominion rigged the Oscar votes.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A Thicc Tom Cruise should have won

hes already 5'3

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Tom Cruise has spent billions of dollars having the internet claim he is 5'8".

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The Oscars have never meant anything, so they should give me one. I don't care for what. It's to prove a point, you see.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I won a grammy for "Best Dude" but I left it in our old condo when we moved.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

kntfkr posted:

Tom Cruise has spent billions of dollars having the internet claim he is 5'8".

still no donk on that freak

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sex Farm posted:

An incredible movie that no one ever mentions
Incredible acting, love it

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Spinz posted:

An incredible movie that no one ever mentions
Incredible acting, love it

Its talked about constantly and its a moderate at best film released into an empty space at the time.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

its no norbit

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
So...who won? Did anyone get slapped this year?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Treecko posted:

So...who won? Did anyone get slapped this year?

The Oscars are always a slap in the face to art if you know what I mean!

They're bad.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Sicko Tom Cruise sends telepathic Qi Energy into Oscars mosh pit to stop Generational Anger: "No More!"

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Extra row of tits posted:

AND WHEN IS INTERNATIONAL MENS DAY??? HUH??

Thanks Obama.

I think we all knew he was behind this.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
"We using this Solstice!" Affronted wife of "Slapped Will" declares war on "Woke Energies", the anger is OK?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

syntaxfunction posted:

The Oscars are always a slap in the face to art if you know what I mean!

They're bad.

I know what you mean!

They have snubbed Vin Diesel like 9 times for the Fast & Furious movies alone. And who gets these dumb awards? A bunch of red-pilled politically correct feminist allies like Mel Gibson, Kevin Spacey, and James Franco. It's bullshit!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Acting is probably the easiest thing in the world and anyone can do it (except James Gandolfini's son).

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
This is 100% true

https://www.theonion.com/jared-leto-thanks-acting-for-being-an-easy-thing-that-a-1819595609

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of it is a few rich guys from the 60's loving around and supporting each other once they got that foot in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Oscars should be redesigned a la Oscar The Grouch, and should be awarded for extreme grouchiness. I know I would proudly accept an honorary one if it was offered (hint, hint). If you've seen the way Tom Cruise yells "WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES? TELL US YOUR CRIMES! WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES? TELL US YOUR CRIMES!!" over and over right in the face of anyone who asks him an even slightly probing question about Scientology, you'd surely agree that he should be nominated for a Grouchy in a number of categories.