Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it would’ve been obnoxious to lock an actual brand new fight behind perfect clearing the game’s bloody palace equivalent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I meant a refight of Omega because that wouldve been quite hairy after a 19 stage gauntlet compared to Odin.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just completed Rising Tide's MSQ, just some side content left to clean up. That was a really fun eikon battle, surprisingly difficult too. I wouldn't rate it as high as Bahamut but it can be second place, I liked it more than Titan.

Ramuh's Blind Justice feels really nice to use now, especially with the accessory that builds stacks faster and slows time even further. I've only managed to find those inbuilt-skill boosting accessories for Titan, Ramuh, Shiva and Garuda. Has anyone found any of the rest?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I found the phoenix one in a chest on the road at the very beginning of the DLC

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Phoenix is in sneaky chest in the beginning map marked with a glowy item.

Odin I think is a quest reward. Bahamut is in a watery area where you fight one of Leviathan's familiars

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Mysidia is neat, it’s nice to be in an area that isn’t a swamp and has actual sun. Leviathan’s Megaman Arm Cannon owns.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm torn on how to feel about the DLC not affecting the ending. On one hand, I do like that they stuck to their guns (though it would've been nice to get SOME sort of acknowledgement that the DLC even happened) and didn't gate a Better Ending behind $20. But on the other hand, I am a sucker for happy endings and my girlfriend is going to be inconsolable if she ever decides to finish the game and realizes that Dion, Josh and Clive all die in short order.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

the_steve posted:

I'm torn on how to feel about the DLC not affecting the ending. On one hand, I do like that they stuck to their guns (though it would've been nice to get SOME sort of acknowledgement that the DLC even happened) and didn't gate a Better Ending behind $20. But on the other hand, I am a sucker for happy endings and my girlfriend is going to be inconsolable if she ever decides to finish the game and realizes that Dion, Josh and Clive all die in short order.

if they all died then who wrote the book?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

if they all died then who wrote the book?

Goetz

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don’t understand the trophy for killing multiple frozen enemies simultaneously. I used Diamond Dust which froze like seven enemies and the second part of the attack killed at least three of them at once and didn’t get the trophy. Trophy is dumb.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pretty sure they have to be frozen by Cold Snap.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Arist posted:

Pretty sure they have to be frozen by Cold Snap.

The description of the trophy literally says diamond dust is an option

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh, weird then

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

its finicky. it didn't work the first time i diamond dusted a group of wolves but it did the second time for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

What if you crop dust them instead