Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica
:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it's not teachers it's support staff

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

lobster shirt posted:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lobster shirt posted:

lol

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
drat 33k in la thats almost enough to move to beverly hills

SteepPollTax
Mar 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
These 33k annual estimates are for part time like a couple hour a week jobs right? Not full time positions where it's assumed the people who work them have the ability to live independently?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PoundSand posted:

These 33k annual estimates are for part time like a couple hour a week jobs right? Not full time positions where it's assumed the people who work them have the ability to live independently?

really cool thing about la is that the cost of living is high like new york or whatever but the wages are very very low. based rear end city. thats why low ses families pile 8 dudes and dudettes of an extended family into dubiously legal backhouses wedged between hideous fortresses of gleaming gold and wrought iron owned by former armenian mob bosses

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
California’s minimum wage is $15.50, so it must have, it would be ironic if they only just upped the hours they have to work.

Also, LA is fantastic in that you have to have a car to obtain any mobility social or otherwise, and either way it is likely going to eat up hours of your day. It is a great fantastic designed urban area.

Honestly, the only thing good about LA is PCH. The old science museum used to be cool.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 21:52 on Mar 25, 2023

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Insane to imagine paraprofessionals doing behavior intervention (work exclusively with severe behavior kids that need 1 on 1 staffing at all times) making 33k a year for up to 45 hours of work a week

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Things That Make NHD Mad Megathread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Smythe posted:

really cool thing about la is that the cost of living is high like new york or whatever but the wages are very very low. based rear end city. thats why low ses families pile 8 dudes and dudettes of an extended family into dubiously legal backhouses wedged between hideous fortresses of gleaming gold and wrought iron owned by former armenian mob bosses

Not remotely fair.

Some are active armenian mob bosses

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Some are active armenian mob bosses

this reminds me of what my best friend who moved from the U.S. to London said: people in Europe are more personally racist than Americans but have a huge blindspot for the immigrants actually behind all the stabbings and gang violence (armenians)

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it's weird because armenia itself has pretty low levels of violent crime

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

lobster shirt posted:

are teachers in the CIA now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ardennes posted:

California’s minimum wage is $15.50, so it must have, it would be ironic if they only just upped the hours they have to work.

Also, LA is fantastic in that you have to have a car to obtain any mobility social or otherwise, and either way it is likely going to eat up hours of your day. It is a great fantastic designed urban area.

Honestly, the only thing good about LA is PCH. The old science museum used to be cool.

tbf the bus will reliably get you anywhere you want to go but it takes forever to go more than a couple miles. the rail/light rail coverage is pathetic and ends too early (or did last time I was there) but fine if your house and job are walking distance from a station

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
PCH is not, in fact, good.

Not in LA it isn't.

Outside of LA? sure

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Paraprofessionals being denied workers comp after a student broke their arm: that money's going to really help out

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Probably using support staff pay as a contract wedge against teachers tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
How can OP afford to shitpost on a teacher’s salary?