Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Problem description:
The NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't show all the options I am expecting (I have a 3050 Ti laptop). I wanted to try out VSR and so I went into the Control Panel->Adjust Video Image Settings, but none of the options are appearing. Also as you can see in the screenshot below, the "Select The Display" is not showing any displays. This also occurs on the "Adjust Video Color Settings" option.

Attempted fixes:
1. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled my NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers, driver version: 531.41
2. Updated Windows and the Windows Store.
3. Restarted the NVIDIA Display Container LS Windows service.
4. Tried plugging my laptop into an external TV to see if that would trigger some sort of change in the NVIDIA Control Panel but that didn't make a difference.
5. Tried the "Restore Defaults" option on the top right of the Control Panel.
6. Tried disabling / re-enabling the graphics cards in Device Manager (there is the 3050 Ti and the built-in Intel Iris Xe graphics). Disabling the Xe graphics broke my Windows install and I had to go into Safe Mode and re-enable it.
7. Checked Event Viewer for any obvious errors, didn't see anything.
8. Confirmed via dxdiag that it shows the graphics card.

I rebooted after each attempted fix.

Recent changes: No changes, this has always occurred as far as I'm aware with this Windows install. The laptop I am using is a System76 Gazelle laptop that came with Linux installed. I took a new SSD and installed it with Windows so I am dual-booting both popOS and Windows.

Operating system: Windows 11 Pro 22H2

System specs: System76 Gazelle Laptop, dual-booting popOS and Windows (not activated) on separate SSDs. 32GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti, 12th-gen intel CPU, coreboot.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

My experience otherwise with Windows is perfectly fine. The 3050 Ti works well and I can play video games just fine with it. The issue is solely with the NVIDIA Control Panel and not seeing the additional options. As far as I can tell, my laptop meets all the requirements of seeing those VSR options. My leading theory is that because I installed Windows on non-traditional hardware, the NVIDIA Control Panel is having issues? I'm at a loss at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Checking, unchecking, and checking again Help->Debug Mode got this to work for me.