Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

i cant look at your stupid weiner avatar any more

wesleywillis posted:

Ebeneezer Splooge.

:nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
i dont sleep

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Did it again last night

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nobody Interesting posted:

Did it again last night

what a madman

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Doing it again tonight

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You ain't sleep bitch, you just stay awake ur whole life, you're just trying to act hard like you sleeping hard but you awake softly

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Last night i had a dream where my boss was having a piss drive like some people have blood drives he also had a twin brother and the whole thing was a total scam. More apt to this conversation, i woke myself up with a fart that lasted 5 whole seconds. The rear end bib saved me.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I was in bed naked reading before I crashed, naked as a jaybird (?) It was around 2am, and only my bedroom lamp was on, so I'm sure it looked dark from the street.

Some dude opened my front door that I inadvertently left unlocked, I grabbed my hatchet off my bedstand and yelled "WTF" and charged. By the time I made it to my porch dude was already pretty far. I thought about throwing it before realizing i'd either A : hit a car or something, or B: Actually hit a dude that is actively running away from my house on a public road. Neither seemed like a good idea. To be honest, I don't think he even got a look at my goods since as soon as I yelled he shut the door and ran. Poor bastard didn't get to bask in the glory.

But, I still have some sort of random object within an arm's reach whenever I go to sleep. It's not a super bad neighborhood, so if it's a home invasion they'll typically just run off with the slightest moment of awareness or resistance.

The adrenaline of holding a hatchet, with the night breeze surrounding my entire body was pretty exhilarating. Felt like a primal god, looked like a psychopath.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Lol if you don't have an array of objects potentially used for defense (and a mental inventory of them) scattered around the place. Never going to be an issue but if something super weird did happen, I'd prefer not to go digging around in my massively overcrowded utility closet for minutes.

Like poo poo is never going to happen, and I'd never shoot someone in the back if they booked it (don't have a gun anyway, but you get the jist) but might as well have than not need.

Bear spray and hatchet are beside my desk. Hockey stick and canoe paddle are at the door. That's all for convenience though really, gotta chop wood and protect from bears (not a good idea to use that one inside, maced myself enough already outside, check the loving wind direction) but it would be hilariously :canada: to keep an intruder at bay by poking them with a really nice paddle until they went away.

Again, none of this works if they have guns, so that's not really an issue. It's mostly just like meth psychosis crazies. Saw a guy beat the gently caress out of a porta potty recently while yelling at it, hands bloody as hell. Not sure what it did to piss him off.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 27, 2023

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My house is messy enough it basically counts as trapped.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

The Butcher posted:

Lol if you don't have an array of objects potentially used for defense (and a mental inventory of them) scattered around the place. Never going to be an issue but if something super weird did happen, I'd prefer not to go digging around in my massively overcrowded utility closet for minutes.

Like poo poo is never going to happen, and I'd never shoot someone in the back if they booked it (don't have a gun anyway, but you get the jist) but might as well have than not need.

Bear spray and hatchet are beside my desk. Hockey stick and canoe paddle are at the door. That's all for convenience though really, gotta chop wood and protect from bears (not a good idea to use that one inside, maced myself enough already outside, check the loving wind direction) but it would be hilariously :canada: to keep an intruder at bay by poking them with a really nice paddle until they went away.

Again, none of this works if they have guns, so that's not really an issue. It's mostly just like meth psychosis crazies. Saw a guy beat the gently caress out of a porta potty recently while yelling at it, hands bloody as hell. Not sure what it did to piss him off.

If you're Canadian you're supposed to yell "NO! Intruder! NO! Not my kayak!! NO Intruder!" (Though, I'm pretty sure that was an American in that video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5cMZymSr0

But to get back to the point, sleep naked and free yoself

It's how you absorb the Alphas and ketones, to make you a rugged, scary individual.
Or, I'd just offer them a drink, or whatever, lol.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 28, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I have two loud dogs that go apeshit if someone comes within 100 feet of the house so I’ll have plenty of time to get dressed before the house is invaded.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

butt rear end naked

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have two loud dogs that go apeshit if someone comes within 100 feet of the house so I’ll have plenty of time to get dressed before the house is invaded.

Are your dogs clothed?

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 28, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

blight rhino posted:

Are your dogs clothed?

The dogs sleep buck-rear end naked.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The dogs sleep buck-rear end naked.

Lol, that's fair. You beat my edit.

If it's good for a dog, it's good for a human Balls/Bits out and proud

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

You ain't sleep bitch, you just stay awake ur whole life, you're just trying to act hard like you sleeping hard but you awake softly

Once again, Swamp bro dropping truth on all y'all bitches.

I sleep naked 'erry day yo!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, you loving with me sleeping buck rear end naked
Bring a bucket and a mop cause I sleep buck rear end naked
Give me everything you got cause I sleep buck rear end naked

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

wesleywillis posted:

Ebeneezer Splooge.

tonight you will be visited by the Ghost of Cumsmas Present

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Mozi posted:

tonight you will be visited by the Ghost of Cumsmas Present

im GaaaAaaAaaaay!

:ghost:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

im GaaaAaaAaaaay!

:ghost:

Spooky gay ghost, it's 2023, nobody gives a poo poo and will not get a fright when you whisper it in the night to them. It's just like "great dude, please be quiet, I gotta work tomorrow." Maybe go back to spooky clanking chains if you want to keep doing this nonsense.

There's a hardcore conservative family at the end of the street if you can't come up with new material.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I used to but since moving to one of the closest places in the world to the antarctic it felt like I was competing in fear factor when I tried last winter.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I'm sleeping naked right now

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Everyone's naked under their clothes, makes you think.

OsteoMcB
Mar 19, 2023

I sleep with a buck's rear end in bed

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Once you go nude, you’re all right dude

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Colonel Cancer posted:

Everyone's naked under their clothes, makes you think.

I'm not

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I thought it was "butt naked"
Butt rear end naked is a little redundant though

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I have satin sheets and silk pajamas to minimize friction, allowing me to quickly slide out of bed feet-first and land with my feet in my slippers.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Buck Naked is a decent David Byrne song from his long hair days. Little too similar in theme to Totally Nude on the last Talking Heads album.

I guess he had a nudist phase after hanging up the big suit.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dixville posted:

I thought it was "butt naked"
Butt rear end naked is a little redundant though

Both are common.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i need to wear boxers otherwise i get tangled up in my python like dong

I find if I just wrap it around my waist a few times, then tuck the end into the coils, that eliminates the problem.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
but then what happens if you wake up with morning wood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
The spring-coil effect catapults me out of bed. An effective way of waking up!