Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i usually tip 15% if the service is good. is that too cheap? how much do you guys usually do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
my saas providers are giving me the whole D, why would I give them my tip?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I work on a saas project and I can tell you the etiquette is 20%. Please tip cash directly to the devs since a lot of vendors are shady and skim off the top if you use a credit card

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I only tip american saas providers, everyone else has a living billing cycle

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't tip. Set up your pricing structure so you can pay the code monkeys from the subscription revenue, you fucks.

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g
I have all of my projects set up to use Google's SAAS tip calculating API so that I don't have to think about it. Usually comes out to around $400 for most of my services last time I checked.

https://api.google.com/saasplay/v1/calculate_tip/

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

left my husband because he tips based on total after enterprise discount 🥴

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

The SAAS hosts should be paying this premium themselves! It's crazy that we're crowdsourcing reliability based on volunteered donations. This is why you should support unionization efforts by SPIU (Software Providers International Union). They've also made good advances against the insane uptime requirements being demanded

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

El Mero Mero posted:

The SAAS hosts should be paying this premium themselves! It's crazy that we're crowdsourcing reliability based on volunteered donations. This is why you should support unionization efforts by SPIU (Software Providers International Union). They've also made good advances against the insane uptime requirements being demanded

sure in an ideal world thatd be great, but meanwhile, back in reality, the hardworking sales folk at Amazon and Google can barely put food on the table as it is.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ADINSX posted:

I work on a saas project and I can tell you the etiquette is 20%. Please tip cash directly to the devs since a lot of vendors are shady and skim off the top if you use a credit card

good tip! (pun intended)

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ADINSX posted:

Devs are back of the house!! tips are for front of the house (sales people and account managers) only!!!

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

here’s a tip for sass providers: make your docs suck less!!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wheres the thread about how much tip I give rear end providers

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

obama already gets my 10% why should they

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i pay them in exposure

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Beeftweeter posted:

i pay them in exposure

:hmmyes:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

i pay them in exposure

I expose my tip to them

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

i pay them in exposure

And they expose your passwords in plaintext

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

ADINSX posted:

yeah but then the devs aren't sharing with the server washers

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I simply configure the solution on my environment myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

yeah but then the devs aren't sharing with the server washers

We make sure to tip out the crew

post hole digger posted:

Devs are back of the house!! tips are for front of the house (sales people and account managers) only!!!

If your softwares bad enough and your team is small enough devs spend plenty of time talking to customers (about how this and that feature isn’t working)