Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Finally saw it and liked it quite a bit. My expectations were pretty low even after hearing the good press. I was surprised how much they packed into this movie. I've played modules that had most of the world shown and it was kinda fun to see all these landscapes you've read about in Drizzt novels and from the game modules.

Anyway, movie good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Talorat posted:

The gag with him continuously asking for Jarnathan to be present for his story, plus the reversal when he actually shows up, did a great job of setting the tone for the movie. Especially because their entire escape was pointless because the sob story worked and they got pardoned anyways. Just all around good gags while setting up the backstory and character motivations for these rest of the movie. It works really well!

Jarnathan cracks me up every time because it’s such a great half assed NPC name from a DM.

“You pass through the crowded square, there are beings of all shapes and colors. You see a bird man flap his wings angrily at a shopkeeper. You see a snake man-“
“What’s his name?”
“Whose name?”
“The bird man”
“Uhhh…..Jahrnathan”

Screven, Kdevin, Natthew, Bandalf. And now the party demands a full plot line from this background person that you made up a dumb name for.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

The Dregs posted:

Just got back from seeing it. I was thoroughly pissed because I paid 45 bucks for 2 tickets, a small drink, and a small popcorn then had to watch a solid 30 minutes of lovely marvel trailers.

Despite all that, the movie was rad. Was a lot of fun seeing so many sights along the Sword Coast, where I spent my teen years gaming. I think I may go see it again. It played a lot like a light hearted game of D&D.

Thank you for your service, hero.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Seen quite a few articles over the last few days saying that, yeah it didn't make it's money back theatrically. More positively though it's topping the digital purchases charts, above Mario. No figures attached, and couldn't find anything that really went into how much films expect to make via digital purchase these days, but strong digital sales at least show these sort of movies still do have an audience.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/justwatch-dungeons-dragons-succession-top-weekly-digital-transactions-streaming/

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Songbearer posted:

Gelatinous Pubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

dr_rat posted:

Seen quite a few articles over the last few days saying that, yeah it didn't make it's money back theatrically. More positively though it's topping the digital purchases charts, above Mario. No figures attached, and couldn't find anything that really went into how much films expect to make via digital purchase these days, but strong digital sales at least show these sort of movies still do have an audience.

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/justwatch-dungeons-dragons-succession-top-weekly-digital-transactions-streaming/

Good reminder, I’m gonna buy it. It was great, for a big dork nerd like me