Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
e: Oh drat, somehow missed the other thread. My bad.

The Animorphs were a group of 90s teens who encounter a dying alien in a construction site. He lets them touch his glowing cube which gives them the power to transform into any animal they've physically touched so they can save the planet from the yeerks, a bunch of parasitic slugs who are planning a secret takeover by controlling the minds of a local middle school's Vice Principal. The dying alien was a blue centaur with stalk-eyes and no mouth, and his species is at eternal war with the yeerks. Or something.

One of the first times I went online, it was to stay inside from recess and search for Animorphs fan websites. Because Animorphs were the coolest. I liked Tobias the most, because he was the loner depressed outsider kid. My friend Evan liked Jake the most because he looked like the illustration on the first book's cover:

I read up through the The Hork-Bajir Chronicles, which were the first bit "event" books which were released around book 23. I think I aged out of them, or maybe I just moved onto something else after so many books. I head they turn into a really dark in the end, essentially becoming a legit terrorist cell, but I also fell off before the ghost writers came on board so I don't know what sort of nonsense took place between. The TV show was terrible, and I complained about it on online forums.

Here's a video about how the rad covers were made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRLi0VWdNIg

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU