Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He should have played Life instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Did you hear the distant cry?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

DicktheCat posted:

One time I won a game while I was asleep.

We were buying a car, and I was so stressed that my body responded by making me sleepy instead of panicking.

I would nod off, rouse on my turn, make my play, then start nodding off.

It was my wife that noticed I had filled the win conditions after I dropped my cards, snoring a little.

Buying a car seems like a weird time to start playing Catan but a fair way to negotiate on terms with the dealership

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

This game caused drama in grad school.

I forget who started playing it. I know at least three different people had their own sets. We would play the 6 player version.

This one couple would host games on most weekends - they had a nice house - and we'd drink and smoke and it was cool. They were way too competitive, though, and would practically rig the game by the way they traded with each other. That's not really cheating, though, I guess.

It came to a head during a camping trip when it was clear they were actually cheating. The wife was, at least. She never discarded during the robber. And other shady poo poo I can't remember. One guy said he'd never play with them again on the spot and then started hosting his own games, so that split the group. They might try to play on the same night and you would get both invites and so, who do you choose? Catan drama.

Eventually no one wanted to play with that couple and people didn't like the wife in particular. She couldn't find anyone to play with and her husband was always at a bar playing cornhole with that whole clique. At some point she started having an affair with this other guy in the group. Any time her husband was at the bar, she'd go play the two player Catan with this other guy. The dude's roommate is like the most popular guy around and he loves gossip/telling stories. Once the rumors took off that really created an awkward social scene.

Eventually poo poo got even weirder but we're past Catan at this point. But if it wasn't for the game in the first place...

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 5, 2023

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Two player Catan usually involves sheep

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I always enjoy a good game of Seafarers

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Devils Affricate posted:

Board games were invalidated by the advent of software and anyone who still plays them is a moron

Someone wasn't invited to board game night

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Get they rear end

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We got my twins into Cataan junior when they were 5 . The moment i realized they needed to move on to regular Catan was when we were playing and they got this "Twin Sense" look in their eyes. All of a sudden they started making stupid trades for lumber. My wife tried to make a move for lumber to win the game, realized there were no lumber tokens left. She looked up at them, and they were all of a sudden riding identical Big Toys with an elevator full of blood opening behind them.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

YeahTubaMike posted:

deadlers of catan

Extra row of tits posted:

I like every time this dimwit makes a thread and chooses a “hilarious” dead name for the z lister, some goon instantly comes up with a better one.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wish it was me. Running out of excuses.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

RIP Chris Catan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003