Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Problem description: About an hour ago I booted up my desktop, powered on my controller which paired immediately, and started up Steam. The computer sort of froze in a weird way where I could move the mouse but nothing else happened, and whenever I clicked there was a beep, with variable amounts of lag between click and beep. During this period, my controller unpaired. Ever since then, my computer has no Bluetooth functionality whatsoever. In the event viewer, there is no sign of what happened other than a Warning saying “Bluetooth HID device either went out of range or became unresponsive.”

Attempted fixes: When I first realized my controller had unpaired I tried going into Bluetooth settings and reconnecting, but when I click “Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth” it inmediately says “Couldn’t connect” and suggests I turn on Bluetooth. However, there is no longer an on/off toggle for Bluetooth.

Restarted the computer. It said “update and restart” and seemed to install a small update when I did this the first time.

Checked for any kind of update via Windows update.

Used the Bluetooth troubleshooter, which quickly settled on “Device does not have Bluetooth.”

Went to device manager, found the Bluetooth drivers, checked for an update.

Manually downloaded the suggested Bluetooth driver from Dell. (Qualcomm QCA61x4A/QCA9377 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Driver) Went through several rounds of install, repair, uninstall from device manager and restart, install again after doing that. Not only did that not work, but now no Bluetooth drivers will appear in the device manager even after going through the install process for the one I got from Dell.

Recent changes: None. Yesterday I was using this controller up to literally less than a minute before I turned the computer off. Then today I turned it on and immediately paired it again. Then this happened.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home

System specs: Dell Inspiron 5680

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Ariong fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Just turned it on and it’s fine. O_o Nevermind I guess.