Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
oh god its 4 am i need to be up early

why is modding this game so fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Bad news: No update yet.

Good news: My mod is on the workshop and will be updated with even more stuff soon.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

While I'm waiting for the next update, I'm trying to beat quest mode + using any of the premade decks and I gotta shoutout to Fergus:

There are skeletons everywhere, his deck is all about summoning more of them and buffing them, and it's GREAT

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm settled in at the new place, so I can start working on updates again, soon. I've even got permission to use my girlfriend's (much better) PC for it, so the image quality should remain relatively stable, once I establish a workflow.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Picked up the game because of this thread and finished Quest on my fourth attempt using the premade Night Hag character. I'm pretty sure my first attempt at the sandbox mode with a personally made character will turn out terrible though :v:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I loved Shandalar and I've spent years chasing that high with other card-rpg games like Etherlords II. Could this be the successor I've been waiting for? Not sure, but I will definitely be reading this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ToxicFrog posted:

Could this be the successor I've been waiting for?
It will be... Once things settle down. I'm in the middle of a move (currently in a hotel, move-in date for my new apartment is this weekend) and need to find a new prescribing doctor/psych for my meds to make my brain less leaky, and while I technically CAN work on the LP now, I'd rather wait until I'm back into a solid groove before committing to continuing this.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Yeah, take the time you need! It's an LP I was excited to see, but no need to crush yourself over it.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Definitely also got this game cause of the LP. It's overwhelming for sure but even over an hour I started to pick up a few things and it felt quite rewarding!

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Yeah, jumping on the 'the lp made me buy the game' bandwagon.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Game looks interesting, will be following the thread

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Kanthulhu posted:

Game looks interesting, will be following the thread

It's been four months since last update, I would not be holding my breath :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The perils of doing an LP and trying to move at the same time.

Still, the LP as it stands does a brilliant job of introducing the game.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.
This LP got me to try it out. I bought the game but was a little overwhelmed at first. Even if it doesn't continue it's one of the best written guides I've found. I prefer reading to video format so I appreciate OPs work. That said, please continue!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Unfortunately, the national Adderall shortage has left me in a bit of a lurch when it comes to focusing on creative projects, but I do plan to come back to this at some point.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
Necroing this craziness to say I just lost a week of my life to this. I am lying in bed right now and all I can think of is multicast synergies. I’m nowhere close to done or bored. God drat.

I would recommend anyone starting this game to do a few things first.

The dev made the game easily moddable (it’s just json). Go to your local game files, find the Perks. Use notepad ++ or whatever to open the json file. Find the new player perk - memories of a past life I think? Mod that. Give yourself +20 starting LP. I also raise my purse size (keyword: “Max Farthings” to 9999 as well. Not permanently obviously but these two things I’d argue are absolutely critical for learning how to play.

Why? Well, when you’re starting out you’re going to die a LOT. This doesn’t change that. What it does, though, is let your character put points into 4-6 different trees and buy lots of neat looking stuff. You learn just a bit more on each run and in the first 20 hours that’s key.

Plus as a brand new player you have no idea that Alchemy isn’t a good idea to main. Or that Witchcraft wants to pair with Blood Magic, and Affliction doesn’t synergies as much as you’d think. Or that Spellcraft needs Geomancy to shine early on, etc. Obviously all of these statements can be “well, ackshully” by a very good player! But just starting out you won’t be there.

Cheating yourself extra Lp let’s you try a pyromancy intimidation survival build and at least learn why it may or may not work. Rather that than realizing you put too many of your precious LP in some vestigial Invention tree that just isn’t working for you (or is too complex rn) and having to start over.

Again, yes, a pro can probs make it work, but I’m talking about learning the basics.

The other piece of advice I have is to give yourself a goal. Once a run gets off the ground, around level 5 or so, set a goal: learn two new keywords and one new interaction. It took me days to beat the super easy mode but every run I made that goal work.

My current run Im trying a Witch / Hag. I’m trying to learn Envy, Pride, and Festering. I’m ignoring Presence and anything from the Seduction tree. I’m also trying to learn how Shapeshifter works since I have cards that put me into Hag form. If I learn these things I consider it a success and that makes me feel better about losing so often.

It’s a wonderful game and it really appears to have no “bad” cards.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just bought the new DLC and am reintroducing myself to it. I’m also wincing at how I handled some of the early explanations, so I might need to go back through and tweak some things before I continue.

Doopliss
Nov 3, 2012
Well, I figured I figured I'd give the game a go and spiraled remarkably fast from "This game seems promising" to "well, I'm definitely going to be in this game long enough to justify buying all the DLC" to "how the hell do you play Courtier, oh, the dev has a video playthrough where he plays Courtier". You villain.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Ah, so this is where the Erannorth crowd congregates! I still have no idea how I originally heard about this game around mid-december, but I ended up picking it up during the sales and I'm completely hooked. Did a run as a dwarf combat-trader on Exploration to discover the basics, one as an elven druid with nature/herbalism on Conquest to explore allies, and now reaching the endgame on a nymph aristocrat with nobility/seduction on Vanilla. I ended up picking up the complete bundle while its on sale, since they can be safely deactivated from the main menu then added in one at a time.

The graphics/sounds/UI are, uh, modest, but I'm impressed at how quickly that ceases to matter as you start embracing the craze of build options and skill effect synergies.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Doopliss posted:

Well, I figured I figured I'd give the game a go and spiraled remarkably fast from "This game seems promising" to "well, I'm definitely going to be in this game long enough to justify buying all the DLC" to "how the hell do you play Courtier, oh, the dev has a video playthrough where he plays Courtier". You villain.

So how do you play Courtier?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Quackles posted:

So how do you play Courtier?

Not exactly Courtier, but I just completed a run on Black Widow, which is a slightly different Artistocrat specialization, and also comes with primarily Seduction, Nobility and Subterfuge. Ultimately, it was a hybrid between a summoner build and a cc build. Seduction is insanely powerful once built up, with a dual focus: controlling and bewitching enemies.

Controlling an enemy removes it from the enemy side, and adds it to your allies. Control cards all come with a maximum enemy power allowed, which is the maximum damage they can inflict (the number range under each enemy). This means you want to look up and grab all the perks that increase that Control limit, and you want to build a deck with as many Weaken effects as possible since that will reduce enemy damage and open them to conversion.

Bewitching is a better stun, since it'll have the enemy hit itself or hit another enemy. It's a fantastic cc and does exceptional work against bosses, since Vulnerability is taken into account and bewitched enemies will hit themselves for a lot of damage.

In addition, Seduction also has a bunch of Destroy enemy cards based on enemy power instead of HP, so all those weaken debuffs also help with these.

Nobility slots in there with some similar options, with additional cards where you spend money to control or destroy enemies (nobility destroy cards are based around current enemy HP). Subterfuge, I didn't end using much, but at the start it was a convenient source of early game weaken and poison. Ultimately, you want to grab all the perks that gives +Control +Destroy and +Summon Limit. You bring a ton of enemies around as allies, and use them as disposable fodder to kill enemies or put them in destroy range, and replace the dead with newly controlled minions all the time. And anything you can't weaken enough to control, you bewitch. The whip is a good weapon since its Entangle effect helps a lot in the tough early fights and its latter version comes with a Control effect and as equipment you'll always have it in hand.

The general idea probably works the same with Courtier, although the above doesn't really avail of the +Greed bonus Courtier gets. Worth looking up what Nobility cards with Greed work well with the control/destroy, as these would likely offer decent damage to get enemies in destroy range.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Just wanted to pop in to quickly thank the OP for this thread, even if it hasn’t been as complete as they originally intended. It’s been a great introduction to a game that felt unapproachably complex, and I look forward to spending hours trying to get a good Steam Deck control scheme configured for it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Double-posting to ask: who are good streamers or video makers (or text makers, even better, but it’s 2023) for learning more about the game? I don’t expect anything to match the insane quality of the OP’s posts in this thread, but it would be good to know that I’m not listening to an idiot or a chud.

Hope you’re doing well, gde!

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

I also picked this up due to this intro and am super glad of it, I love Shandalar so much and this isn’t exactly the same but it’s definitely similar enough to fill in.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

OP says this is the dev's channel: https://www.youtube.com/@erannorth Tons of videos, but nothing from the last few months for some reason?

The dev's youtube handle is apparently Spyros Thalassinos (the last name has a typo in the OP so people may have had trouble finding it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

LLSix posted:

the last name has a typo in the OP so people may have had trouble finding it
Fixed that, thank you.

And yes, he's recently been starting development on another game set in the same universe but with a very different combat system. I'm not sure if I'm going to be getting into it in the same degree, but I'm glad he's chasing it. What little I've seen of the new Erannorth Chronicles DLC says it's probably the upper limit of what a one-man dev team can accomplish with the engine in a reasonable time frame.