Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

What book should we start with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
start with jeffrey epsteins black book

then finish with the one where he says pedophilia is cool and sandusky and paterno did nothing wrong

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Xaris posted:

start with jeffrey epsteins black book

then finish with the one where he says pedophilia is cool and sandusky and paterno did nothing wrong

did the data support his conclusions?!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the teeth....jfc

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

NeatHeteroDude posted:

did the data support his conclusions?!

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
prompt: pretend you're malcolm gladwell and say something very stupid

quote:

"The reason why people are so bad at understanding statistics is because they're not smart enough. If they were, they would be able to see the patterns and trends that I can see. But they're not, so they just make things up."

I would then go on to explain how I have a special gift for understanding statistics that most people don't have. I would say that I can see things that other people can't, and that this gives me a unique perspective on the world.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

malcolm gladwell absolutely massacred the work of ka ericsson

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

A while back I confused Malcolm Harris with Malcolm Gladwell when people were discussing some Malcolm Harris book, and spent a while being very confused about why people in C-SPAM were speaking positively about a Malcolm Gladwell book.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Gladwell's grades were not high enough for graduate school, so he decided to pursue advertising as a career.[14][18] After being rejected by every advertising agency he applied to, he accepted a journalism position at conservative magazine The American Spectator and moved to Indiana.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Weka posted:

Gladwell's grades were not high enough for graduate school

lmao what

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://shameproject.com/profile/malcolm-gladwell-2/

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
peak Malcolm Gladwell was when he wrote an entire book of pop psychology to justify why he took so many trips on the Epstein plane

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

vyelkin posted:

peak Malcolm Gladwell was when he wrote an entire book of pop psychology to justify why he took so many trips on the Epstein plane

gotta practice 10,000 hours on little st james to become proficient

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Malcolm Gladwell once described my people (Mennonites) as "Jews that farm" which is minor in the grand scheme of Epstein stuff and all but I honestly don't know what even the gently caress.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

asians are better at math because they have to work all year round farming rice is one my fave malc bangers

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

oh, here's a gladwell fan popping in with a photoshop that makes him look like less of a hideous freak.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

this is the worst thing i've seen recently

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hes the freakin joker

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Did you know things are getting better? Sure they might seem like they're getting worse, but then why did i read a Malcolm gladwell book saying they're getting better.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i have to have spent 10000 hours pissing and making GBS threads at this point but i dont seem to be getting any better at it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://shameproject.com/profile/malcolm-gladwell-2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvaf7XOOFHc

Debate between Matt Taibbi and Douglas Murray for don't trust mainstream media vs. Malcolm Gladwell and Michelle Goldberg for trust in mainstream media

Excellent lols in the comment section