Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wife guy energy is extremely strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Started this and that is a hell of a second episode. Especially the people exploding into flowers. Gives me HxH's Dark Continent vibes.

Also loved "I love me a good blood bath!" Tokugawa getting stunned into silence when Gabimaru got involved.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, the fight scenes are INTENSE. I haven't felt this huge of a power dynamic in a battle since I fought Ultimecia and never learned how to junction in FF8. You're a mortal going up against divinity that, even when you disable, turns into a goddamn screaming flower that shoots lightning. I'd be discouraged they'd ever make it, but you goons are right in assuming his hit to the stomach means something, a weakness at least.

What do y'all think the little girl is? Why is she mute? And why does Groot give a poo poo about her? My guess? She's a new one of the 7, an 8th. Considering she does that golden barrier and the little energy fist, she's got to be something divine.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

When's the next dub episode coming out, Crunchyroll??? After binging the first 8 episodes with the dub, it would feel weird as hell to suddenly start watching the newer episodes in Japanese.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
There's just always something fun about the contrast of the guy who reaches a new power height through sheer unga bunga battle instinct versus unlocking it via coming to term with emotions.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Overlord K posted:

There's just always something fun about the contrast of the guy who reaches a new power height through sheer unga bunga battle instinct versus unlocking it via coming to term with emotions.

Also the unified front against sexual abuse from both of the "criminals" got me a chuckle.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The power of tribal tattoos

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'll never get tired of seeing various characters who have studied Tao for a long rear end time getting beaten by badasses who show up, get the bare minimum of instruction, and master it immediately.

With that said, I'm sorry Gabimaru but there's no way you're able to 1v1 a Tengen at the moment. I do admire the confidence though.

I like how quickly things are scaling up in fight power and threats too. All those standard freaky monsters and butterflies and bugs seem like they'd be instantly clowned by any of the people who are still alive from the expedition, which isn't quite what I expected when I first saw them and they looked like they'd be tough to beat.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm wondering when the bandit and his brother are going to meet up with the rest of the crew. Nothing good will come of it, considering he's slowly turning into a monster himself from consuming the flesh of the creatures. Also, his goal is contrary to what everyone else wants. Who knows what the kunoichi desires, beyond survival, the swordsman wants to be immortal in acts (totally gonna die), and Gabimaru just wants to elixir to give to the ruler to gain a pardon/save his wife. I doubt there's a fountain of this stuff to give everyone what they want and even if there was, the emperor is only giving the pardon to one of them.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Ok, for this episode. If there was an immortal being capable of being regenerated from being chopped into pieces, I'd make sure the corpse is completely obliterated before even thinking to relax. I knew Senta's death flag was triggered as soon as he gave his backstory.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Ok, for this episode. If there was an immortal being capable of being regenerated from being chopped into pieces, I'd make sure the corpse is completely obliterated before even thinking to relax. I knew Senta's death flag was triggered as soon as he gave his backstory.

I kinda figured it would happen because everything was TOO happy. This anime never lets up on the hosed up, weird poo poo.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Looked at the manga's chapter count and do we know how many seasons the anime will be? 127 chapters is a looot, but I have no idea of the anime's pacing in comparison.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
episode 12 ends where ch 40 does

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

At that rate, I don't know if they can finish the whole thing in one standard 24/25 episode season. Maybe they'll get extended episodes later or just go beyond the usual episode count.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Schubalts posted:

At that rate, I don't know if they can finish the whole thing in one standard 24/25 episode season. Maybe they'll get extended episodes later or just go beyond the usual episode count.

This season is ending with the next episode, according to the official announcements. Probably will be more later, but Mappa has a pretty packed schedule.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Holy shiiiiiiiiit. That reveal! That Gabimaru's wife is probably made-up due to a genjustu. :asoiaf: My mind is blown, but it's so simple, I have no idea why I never thought of it as possible. And this is now compounded by the fact that Gabimaru's usage of Tao made it so he forgot... everything, including his "wife." Explosive ending. Amazing.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
It has a great lead in in the manga: They only show the same picture every time she shows up in the cast page/post intro arc flashbacks Did they try and include that angle?

I guess I win the bet with myself that this would be the stopping point.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

chiasaur11 posted:

This season is ending with the next episode, according to the official announcements. Probably will be more later, but Mappa has a pretty packed schedule.

Confirmed second season, but spoilers maybe so watch at own risk:
https://youtu.be/ITj3UyAQj8s

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

habituallyred posted:

It has a great lead in in the manga: They only show the same picture every time she shows up in the cast page/post intro arc flashbacks Did they try and include that angle?

I guess I win the bet with myself that this would be the stopping point.

That's the thing! They keep using the same flashback scenes from the beginning, which show angles to her face and when he just haphazardly is thinking about her in the moment, it's the same still shot, I think. So ingenious.

And I know this isn't a manga thread and totally not affiliated, but rightstufanime is selling the manga of this series, from 1-13, both individually and as bundles for really cheap this week because of their birthday sale. You can bet I snatched them up REAL quick. And I've ordered from them before and gotten all my stuff, it's legit.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Right stuf is actually owned by Sony, they were acquired around the same time as Crunchyroll.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you're in America the entire manga is on the Shonen Jump subscription service (although not on the app due to the rating.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I just finished this and dang that ending. Incredible fight scenes too.