Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

When I close mine I see a very clear static fuzz. Sort of like you'd see on a TV screen. I also see that when they're open on any blank surface. I often/always (?) see some kind of fractal patterns emerge when my eyes are closed or I'm in total darkness.

Is that normal?

no. I think you might have brain problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

deep dish peat moss posted:

I have a torn retina

:stare: May I ask, how?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

deep dish peat moss posted:

I have a torn retina so when I close my eyes unless I'm in a perfectly dark room I get a flashing strobelight effect in my right eye that makes me nauseous and gives me seizures if I sleep in a bright room

and you're just living with it. God bless the American health care system

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
In all fairness, is stitching/welding a torn retina together even possible?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

no idea, but Canada would have at least given them an eye-patch

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it's an American preference

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

:stare: May I ask, how?

It's just a thing that can happen when you get into your mid-late 30s because the ocular jelly it rests in thickens/congeals/dries up :kiddo: I have had a refractive amblyopia in that eye for my entire life so I put a lot of strain on it whenever I try to actually use that eye and that's probably part of why it got torn.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It doesn't really affect anything other than now I have blackout curtains up, and the only treatments are weird things that sound terrible like a freezing treatment for your ocular jelly? NO thanks. But also I don't have insurance lol

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
I see my visual imagination, hazily imposed on an eigengrau canvas

Some people see absolutely nothing and have no visualization capacity (aphantasia) like I have no sense of smell (anosmia)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Analytic Engine posted:

I see my visual imagination, hazily imposed on an eigengrau canvas

Some people see absolutely nothing and have no visualization capacity (aphantasia) like I have no sense of smell (anosmia)

your avatar kinda looks like ALF

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

your avatar kinda looks like ALF

your avatar kinda looks like Pete Davidson

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Analytic Engine posted:

your avatar kinda looks like Pete Davidson

mine is a lego skeleton with a huge boner. What the gently caress is a Pete Davidson?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

mine is a lego skeleton with a huge boner. What the gently caress is a Pete Davidson?

a skeleton with a huge boner

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jelly posted:

lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

I don't really know how to react to that

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't really know how to react to that

Legions chanting my name much?

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yes there are surgeries for a detached retina. I don't know about a torn retina, but a detached one, sure. Maybe a torn one is just walk it off, not an urgent issue.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I see you, OP, smiling at me, the tension before our first kiss, electric, rising, a golden arch of light illuminates your face, our atoms finally intertwined by eternal love, under a star that I will forever call by your name, and I hear a chorus I will never forget

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
big tibbies

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

When I close mine I see a very clear static fuzz. Sort of like you'd see on a TV screen. I also see that when they're open on any blank surface. I often/always (?) see some kind of fractal patterns emerge when my eyes are closed or I'm in total darkness.

Is that normal?

Does it look like this kinda static?

Did you do a shitload of psychedelics when you were younger?

Congrats, you may have: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

It's harmless, but can be annoying. It's also not fully understood, and can't be fixed, you're stuck with it for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I see the matrix, but the animatrix and in the form I saw it the first time, before the advent of HD TV. So low quality animatrix, every time I close my eyes.